IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

First of all, I agree with ColecoJoe, you can't believe everything they post. Secondly, "licensing" Sidney Hunter would not make it "exclusive" to Coleco. I'm going to assume they mean licensing it for another one of their pointless mini arcades that nobody will want. With no real disrespect to CollectorVision, I would not buy any Sidney Hunter game from "Coleco" if there was not an option to buy it directly from CollectorVision. So in that case, if Coleco did make an exclusive Sidney Hunter game, I would pass on that product.

I repeat

Just to make it clear once for all

Sydney Hunter has NOT been liscenced to ANYONE, including Coleco Holdings

EDIT: Ugh..... and Sydney is NOT open for liscencing anyways

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 9

I repeat

Just to make it clear once for all

Sydney Hunter has NOT been liscenced to ANYONE, including Coleco Holdings

EDIT: Ugh..... and Sydney is NOT open for liscencing anyways

Which really just proves this point:

Can't really believe everything Coleco posts on their website :)

And the fact that they really are just shady business people and I'm going to assume that any respectable organization, after spending any time dealing with Coleco, will also see this and I predict they will end up burning more bridges than they can build.

• Like 5

Still say we should use Berenstein for Classic Coleco as the Trademark is free of idiots

Slap it on on Coleco roms that are family friendly, slap it on CV Cases, wheels and toys and poor old Riverwestbrands can't use any of our photos and websites for their gain

But if we make them aware of what's going on and they turn a blind eye then it's fair game, right?

Yes.

I think the point of this thread to me is just these facts only:

1. Coleco harassed you about your coleco fanpage.

2. You are a decent memeber of atariage.

3. All of us here that belong to the homebrew atariage scene think that it is a shitty thing to do and respectable people with morals are going to say F U back to cardillhole.

I think there should be an Atariage expo.

Albert could of course be selling games for all the systems and other merch.

The vendors would just be us atariage people with booths organized by different systems and set up with games and whatever and a big rock n roll party going on.

Actually a north american tour like a rockshow..

Ok...I need to put the bottle away...or maybe??

• Like 6

Yes.

3. All of us here that belong to the homebrew atariage scene think that it is a shitty thing to do and respectable people with morals are going to say F U back to cardillhole.

The vendors would just be us atariage people with booths organized by different systems and set up with games and whatever and a big rock n roll party going on.

There would be no room for the consoles at the booth; it would be stacked with all the sandwiches Ian owes Albert.

• Like 5

They are giving them money and supporting them. There have been other respectable groups, including those involved directly with this community that have pulled out. Perhaps they don't know about what's going on, and maybe someone should inform them?

Sorry if it's not a popular opinion but I will choose not to support anyone who supports Coleco. I don't care who it is. They won't be getting my money or support.

With all due respect, various expos are going to "like" other's expos. So vendors attending the Coleco expo may also attend the PRGE and other expos. Are we going to not only boycott Coleco but also all of the vendors who attend the show and any additional shows these vendors attend? So we boycott PRGE because they sent advertising dollars to Coleco. Then we Boycott Albert and AtariAge because they attended PRGE?

The boycott should be targeted at Chris Cardillo / Coleco Expo / River West Brands and not patrons who chose to attend. These people purchasing booths depend on the income from shows so they will attend every expo they can afford to, boycott or not...

We have a small target in our sights, so in military terms, best dealt with a conventional ranged attack* not bring out the nuclear arsenal which will not only destroy Coleco but everything remotely retro.

*I do not condone physical violence against anyone. By "attack" I mean with words (protected by first amendment) and possibly legal action by those who feel like they have been wronged in some way by Cardillo and Co. An Atariage flash mob passing out flyers outside the doors would be ideal though...

• Like 2

Having done the con circuit a few times and worked as a vendor for years, I will say that if you've already bought your table and cleared that weekend from your calendar, it's asking a lot to sit it out over someone else's disagreement. TPR, I'm totally on your side here, but I'd have to consider the vendors at that con to be in a quandary of their own. Your situation is black and white-- theirs is a lot more grey,

• Like 4

I thought Albert was behind the "Classic Game Fest" in Austin, TX?

No, the CGF is put together by David Kaelin who owns a game store Game Over Video Games. Albert and AA have had a major presence there in the past, but isn't involved in the organization of the event afaik. I'm sure he could explain further :) I've been curious if AA will be at CGF this year since I haven't seen any mention of AA yet.

• Like 2

No, the CGF is put together by David Kaelin who owns a game store Game Over Video Games. Albert and AA have had a major presence there in the past, but isn't involved in the organization of the event afaik. I'm sure he could explain further :) I've been curious if AA will be at CGF this year since I haven't seen any mention of AA yet.

Hmm. Fascinating.

Yes.

We'll be like The Dead man! Dude!

So i've been pretty busy with my non-retro gaming projects the past couple of weeks and haven't had much time to bother worrying about Coleco and the things that Cardillo may be doing. On top of that, I'm really hoping they have learned their lesson by now and they really should just go about what they are doing and leave the rest of the *real* ColecoVision community be. That being said, with today a holiday and having some free time, I decided to take a look and see if they have improved much on social media, because, this is now a month before their expo and you'd figure this would be the time they should be doing a big push to get people to buy tickets...

coleco sucks at social media.jpg

Um, nope. They pretty much still suck at doing social media! lol Oh, well...

• Like 7

I just noticed this... Their top three posts this week have absolutely *NOTHING TO DO WITH COLECOVISION*

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.51.00.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.51.11.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.51.18.png

It always amazes me when people are so terrible at social media. You know, maybe instead of them flagging our posts and trying to get our page removed from Facebook, they should be trying to LEARN from what we post? I think that's probably giving them too much credit, though. ;)

• Like 4

I just noticed this... Their top three posts this week have absolutely *NOTHING TO DO WITH COLECOVISION*

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.51.00.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.51.11.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.51.18.png

It always amazes me when people are so terrible at social media. You know, maybe instead of them flagging our posts and trying to get our page removed from Facebook, they should be trying to LEARN from what we post? I think that's probably giving them too much credit, though. ;)

Is it me, or is this just a shrunken photo of a real SNES. A real SNES mini would probably have the same connectors as the NES mini and more than likely, compatible... The photos show the original one and a shrunken version would be overly costly to make just for this...

• Like 1

Is it me, or is this just a shrunken photo of a real SNES. A real SNES mini would probably have the same connectors as the NES mini and more than likely, compatible... The photos show the original one and a shrunken version would be overly costly to make just for this...

Yes that is not a real picture of the SNES Mini. However the point of me posting those images weren't to steer this topic onto talking about the SNES mini so let's try to keep it at least somewhat on topic, please. Thank you.

• Like 1

Yes that is not a real picture of the SNES Mini. However the point of me posting those images weren't to steer this topic onto talking about the SNES mini so let's try to keep it at least somewhat on topic, please. Thank you.

It's simple Chris Cardillo has nothing to discuss so he's talking up other unrelated products which have already been discussed to death elsewhere online. He should just really give up already. His engagement rates are damning as it is.

• Like 1

coleco and chris cardillo are just so dumb its is difficult for my brain to process that much stupidity at one time .png

Can we just break down this recent post for a moment...

1. "I just bought my ticket online." Um, dear Chris Cardillo and the other Coleco "employees" (or are they Castle Windows employees?) that are running that page. When are you going to stop pretending you are a fan page because you've now told everyone that Coleco runs this page. Or did you forget that? Or maybe you just like frauding people? And before you try to tell me that "frauding" is not a word, please see Urban Dictionary as that is what I'm referring to.

2. Your post got 3 likes...

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!! WAY TO DO SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!

3. You began your sentence with "Soo." If you're going to write "so" like as though it's a long "o" you would write "Soooo...." so that the reader knows you actually mean to use "so" in an expressive form and not that it's a typo because you don't know how to spell simple words. Oh. Wait. Actually... It might very well be a typo because I forgot that you don't know how to spell simple words.

Honestly, please continue posting content to your social media channels. I know it's probably hard work for you guys and you'll pat yourself on the back for a job well done, but the for the rest of us, it's HILARIOUS and a constant source of entertainment! And for that we thank you.

• Like 8