IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

They've already admitted to running their so-called "fan" page (which frankly is grounds for termination of the page), then they pretend to be "fans" or "customers" who buy tickets to their own expo. What's the matter, Cardillo? Was your aunt or mother too busy to say how dope the expo tickets were for you?

Here's a little lesson in Marketing 101 from the master to help you clueless baboons...

• Like 2

River West Brands will never rescind their claims. It doesn't fit their corporate style to be wrong, ever, even when they are just keep going against the grain and pretent nobody takes notice. I'll happily paddle my canoe up river or hike up on the down escalator pretending to make progress...

@TPR: Just take your lumps and keep blogging with pertinent logos or brand references obfuscated or otherwise stripped out of the photos and texts. These asshats will dig their own grave before long...

• Like 1

@TPR To me all this Coleco stuff with the phoney followers, the fan page and everything else adds up to one thing, and looks (to me) EXACTLY like something a CONMAN would do in perpetrating a fraud to get some unsuspecting schmuck to buy something, in this case a ticket. If someone did not know about this thread and just casually found their B.S. on the Internet, they might be tricked into wasting their money by the purchase a ticket, only to feel used and abused after attending.

Sometimes people misread the market and make bad business decisions. In the end the company bites the bullet, takes the loss and moves on ,or goes out of business. Misrepresenting reality, in essence apparently LYING TO POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS is a real scuzz-bag move in my opinion. I dunno if it's illegal, but I would say it's totally unethical.

• Like 1

I agree that they won't rescind that original strike, but I've also noticed they've learned to STFU and stop digging themselves deeper into their self-created hole of bad public relations. It was truly entertaining for a while there!

I don't think they learned a damn thing; they're just too busy trying to desperately sell tickets in the meantime. If they didn't have more important things to do right now, they'd still be their usual jackass selves.

• Like 2

I don't think they learned a damn thing; they're just too busy trying to desperately sell tickets in the meantime. If they didn't have more important things to do right now, they'd still be their usual jackass selves.

Sadly I feel there is probably some truth to this. The "bright shiny object" right now is figuring how to make the Coleo Expo not appear to be a complete joke. Once that is over there is no telling where their focus may be. I'd like to *hope* that perhaps maybe they have learned something from all of this and maybe will leave the homebrew community alone and let them keep doing exactly what they were doing for the last 20 years before Cardillo upset everything? Who knows. My guess is that sometime in September or October we'll find out the answer...

• Like 1

I guess it's all on their main FB page... .now showing cosplay chicks, lol. https://www.facebook.com/ColecoToys/

Just for the heck of it: Coleco Expo Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/events/918737404925820/918917411574486/

Do they really only have four posts, one of which is accidental tourist there trying to sell a cabbage patch doll?

I guess it's all on their main FB page... .now showing cosplay chicks, lol. https://www.facebook.com/ColecoToys/

Do they expect Sophie Reynolds to dress up? She is also all over their main FB page.

I'm surprised no one commented on this :

COLECO will donate 100% of its profits from the Sydney Hunter Cartridge to Free2Luv.

Coleco, the company that brought you some of the coolest games of your childhood, is back and better than ever with new products in development including Rainbow Brite and Robotech as well as the upcoming Retro Gaming & Collectibles Convention. Coleco strongly supports family values and encourages positive development in a diverse and ever-changing world.

Bullying is an age old problem and a Worldwide issue that must be addressed. More specifically, cyberbullying is a particularly vicious form of bullying where the attackers attempt to demoralize their victims on social media and online while often times remaining anonymous.

Coleco has teamed with Free2Luv- a youth empowerment nonprofit organization- to raise awareness of CYBERBULLYING and spread kindness to tackle this complex epidemic. Coleco will be donating 100% of its profits from the Convention Exclusive Sydney Hunter game cartridge to FREE 2 LUV®. Attendees of the Coleco Expo are encouraged to visit the FREE2LUV® booth to #TakethePledge and participate in the #MillionSignMission!

Does anyone find anything hypocritical in this statement?

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one commented on this :

"COLECO will donate 100% of its profits from the Sydney Hunter Cartridge to Free2Luv."

Does anyone find anything hypocritical in this statement?

It's not only just hypocritical it's very "telling." Let's be honest here, if they were actually selling copies of the game, they wouldn't be giving their profits away to a charity. They are doing this because they can't sell the copies they bought from CollectorVision and selling your inventory at zero profit is better than sitting on 150 copies of a game that you've bought, but no one is buying.

The irony here is that it may be one of the smartest things that Cardillo has done in this whole campaign.

• Like 2

The irony here is that it may be one of the smartest things that Cardillo has done in this whole campaign.

It's also sickening. Seeing a moronic bully who obviously doesn't care about anti-bullying just leeching onto it to try to create some goodwill for his brand's name... ugh. Makes one's stomach turn.

• Like 3

It's also sickening. Seeing a moronic bully who obviously doesn't care about anti-bullying just leeching onto it to try to create some goodwill for his brand's name... ugh. Makes one's stomach turn.

And the fact that he's spamming other Coleco pages with his hypocritical bullshit. Thankfully he's banned from the ColecoVision Lunatics group which is really the only active CV Facebook group out there.

msg-45996-0-02239900-1500478056.jpg

• Like 1