IGNORED

VecFever

TomSon

• 4 weeks later...

Sold out before it's released? Where does that information come from?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I don't think an official announcement of its release was ever really made. It was just known initially by developers to be available and required emailing to purchase one. Similar to how Vector Patrol is being handled for now. I didn't know it was a limited release though so I'm a bit disheartened by that. But I guess it is what it is.

I can't imagine that this is true. Why would Thomas give this to testers and reviewers some of whom said it would be unlimited release and then decide not to release it?

All the time coding the games that go with it. Not to mention the potential money to be made.

Nope I won't believe that until Thomas posts it himself somewhere public.

I can't imagine that this is true. Why would Thomas give this to testers and reviewers some of whom said it would be unlimited release and then decide not to release it?

All the time coding the games that go with it. Not to mention the potential money to be made.

Nope I won't believe that until Thomas posts it himself somewhere public.

Well more details on the games included have come out and basically The Core and some of the other games require a processor that is part of the VecFever to work. As such, those games couldn't be released separately without a VecFever is my understanding. And only so many VecFevers were made so...yeah. I wasn't able to get one either as I never found the email to use either. And apparently PMs weren't be addressed. My gut tells me that Thomas really meant for this to be more of a development tool vs another flash cart for the Veccy so that would explain why the normal masses weren't made aware of its existence.

But yes, current scuttle states these are now sold out and it is unknown if more will be made....

I wouldn't give up so quick.

This thread was only started last May, less than a year.

With hardware and real life, (I'm just guessing) it may have been much more difficult to build and test, maybe?

As stated he designed this as a dev cart for himself. It is a hobby for him.

It may have been fun making the first batch, but after building 50 or 100 or 30 initial boards, then contacting and taking payment and sending them out - these things must require a huge inital cost in money, time, etc. - maybe now it's not as "fun" and you know he also makes games and likes programming also.

These games he has done aren't demos or pong or simple.

These games are "wow, that shouldn't be possible! Amazing!" caliber Vectrex games.

Keep posting and pondering and guessing.

For some unknown reason, at this point, he is choosing not to post information or updates, which is his right as a person with this hobby.

I can say that the design is finalized.

It's brilliantly designed with great features that can be reconfigured with software should he choose to allow it operate in new ways.

He told me personally that he has chosen NOT to allow the chip to co-process or speed-up what a normal ROM / RAM cart could do, meaning his amazing games are plain, regular code - just like the impossible new Vector Patrol from Kristof Tuts is plain regular code pushing the stock system farther then thought possible.

I just saw a video about Vectrex that shows how as more lines get drawn, the sound and game rate slow down, and that Minestorm limited objects so those objects didn't become so many as to overwhelm the available time limit to process 50 frames per second.

Not only has he programmed Rocks n' Saucers (best Asteroids yet - looks sounds and plays like the arcade), but Asteroids 2 with spinning rocks, saucers, and the end boss enemy that breaks into chaser ships!

Robot Arena? 2-joystick robotron-like with fast moving, 100's of vector enemies...

And more games...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today :) after contacting Thomas via pm. Took a while, but I've been waiting 4 years for Warrior after payment. Everyting that's less than a year is ok.

Edit: It is worth waiting!

Edited by pucpuc
  • Like 1

Got mine today :) after contacting Thomas via pm. Took a while, but I've been waiting 4 years for Warrior after payment. Everyting that's less than a year is ok.

Edit: It is worth waiting!

Did he take long to reply to your PM?

I PMed about three weeks ago and have no reply yet, I don't want to message again and bother him.

I had better officially say PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST in this thread. Even though I doubt Thomas is using the requests in this thread as an order list. But just in case.