IGNORED

VecFever

TomSon

• 1 month later...

So, if someone doesn't mind, please catch me up on this topic.....what became of the VecFever cartridge? Did the developer decide not to make sell them? it appears a few were made?

"Question: Can we still buy a vecfever ? If so, where ?

My Answer:
I am very sorry – I really can’t answer that part. Only thing I know is – Thomas is still actively working on it… I don’t know if he plans to build more, 
or an updated version, or even only do versions for his own needs."

I took this from the "vide.malban.de/vecfever" website....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just seen I've been registered and lurking here on and off for 15 years without a post!

so a couple of years not watching the Vectrex scene and WOW, it's gone mad. So many clever people doing amazing things.

I'm replying here as I look around the recent scene and realise I NEED a VecFever but don't have the bank balance to go the eBay route, so hopefully some new ones will be released. Looks like some of my old purchases are now worth quite a lot, but then so are all the ones I've missed and now want.

I think the images of someone playing MAME Star Wars with a yoke on the Vectrex really tipped the need especially as I recently managed to acquire a real yoke... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Continuing from my post #321 in this thread with wanting to come up with a minimal folding stand, I finally got some time at the bench to try an idea with some materials. I kept the same height and kickback angle specs from the original wood one. Slant of unit is compensated with the length and position of the rear supports, so when looking straight at screen the legs and cross brace line up, unlike that 3d print. Main center of gravity is covered well with small footprint of stand and you just hold to side of unit, pick up, rotate and set down on legs with ease. Pretty happy with result, it's sturdy, minimal and folds flat. 

good day.

vectrex stand.jpg

IMG_20191004_203737.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, chopperthedog said:

Continuing from my post #321 in this thread with wanting to come up with a minimal folding stand, I finally got some time at the bench to try an idea with some materials. I kept the same height and kickback angle specs from the original wood one. Slant of unit is compensated with the length and position of the rear supports, so when looking straight at screen the legs and cross brace line up, unlike that 3d print. Main center of gravity is covered well with small footprint of stand and you just hold to side of unit, pick up, rotate and set down on legs with ease. Pretty happy with result, it's sturdy, minimal and folds flat. 

good day.

vectrex stand.jpg

IMG_20191004_203737.jpg

Very nice work as always.   Have you considered placing larger feet at the of the all thread instead of only caps? Always interested in long term distribution the forces on a the case for alternative contact points not originally engineered in to the case design.  

40 minutes ago, Vectrexer said:

Very nice work as always.   Have you considered placing larger feet at the of the all thread instead of only caps? Always interested in long term distribution the forces on a the case for alternative contact points not originally engineered in to the case design.  

I did do a quick search for some swivel feet and was only finding larger pieces for chairs and such. I will say a bulk of the weight of the vec is towards the rear at that mold angle where I have the rear supports situated. The front supports seem to have about 35% or less of the weight on them and the rear has the rest, so there isn't any undue added pressure to the case to cause any long term deformation. I've been keeping an eye on the thread caps for any wear last couple weeks with nothing bad to report.  It's nice to have screen at an angle and height for playing the tomson sbt horizontal gold along with the piece of mind that my vec safe.

good day.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

Theirs one on eBay right now, but I’m not sure paying over $200 for a glorified sd cart is worth it.

Oooof... glorified? Far from it. Some pretty masterful programming and features that no other cart can remotely come close to doing on the vec. Bet that fever sells for $1300+.

good day.

• Thanks 1