IGNORED

VecFever

TomSon

I thought it was flash (USB mass storage device). Wasn't aware it had an SD socket.

Wishful thinking I guess. They are so rare and hard to come by that honestly it doesn’t matter that much to me. Ok that’s a bit harsh. I really wish these didn’t get such a limited release. It’s a bit disingenuous on my part. But it really is a nice piece of kit that many people would like to own.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:31 PM, adamchevy said:

Absolutely, I just wish it was obtainable. Has anyone heard if more of these will ever be made?

it's one of those it might be tomorrow it might be 5 years from now deals at this point. Nothing anyone can do about it, just wait.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:15 PM, ComputerSpaceFan said:

...... similar to another run of NOX?

Not quite.  NOX had an actual release in the form of dual game cart containing NOX and NOX / Death Chase back in 2016.  Here are some pics for your interest.

NOX / Death Chase Themed Components (https://photos.app.goo.gl/GSMpXIGdXnycUaYb2)

Not quite.  NOX had an actual release in the form of dual game cart containing NOX and NOX / Death Chase back in 2016.  Here are some pics for your interest.
NOX / Death Chase Themed Components (https://photos.app.goo.gl/GSMpXIGdXnycUaYb2)

I foolishly sold my copy on eBay. The $300 was nice, but not worth it now. It was a really great looking package!

There's no list here guys, I don't think posting here that you want one will help.

Those of us that have gotten one have reached out to Thomas directly, at least that's how it worked for me.

Just don't want people getting their hope's up thinking posting here is the way to get one.

Read through the history on the post and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, chopperthedog said:

Not even close, better off comparing vextreme to the vecmulti or vecflash. The fever is in its own class.

good day.

Well, since I´m following this thread for more than a year and TomSon didn´t show up anymore, I really hope anything like Vecfever could be released. I don´t know about electronics inside but Vextreme is open source so can be updated with more features, like the folder browser already promised...

Hum, Vecfever is solely based on Extreme Vectrex Multicart, there is too much "coincidence" to be pure coincidence and Extreme Vectrex Multicart is prior art.

That great that someone leverage the Extreme Vectrex Multicart work on a full open hardware/software project.

There is lot to be done to catch vecferer on the software front, but that is work that will never be lost now and that could only progress.

New to the retro scene world, it is something very strange to me all these hardware/softwares that their authors no longer want/could produce, not open and witch disappear with them. Even more strange when their are the support for the small homebrew ecosystem and help to retribute the game authors (like the LTO flash witch is very very hard to get, but without, you could not buy roms).

Sorry for my poor English after a hard day too. One of my best friend passed away today at 45...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My condolences @emmanuelf.  My heart on your post is for the things you said about VEXTREME, and sending love and strength for you during this hard time ❤️

All, most of the updates for VEXTREME have been on the Facebook group Vectrex Fans Unite https://www.facebook.com/groups/vectrex/ , but you can also join the new dedicated VEXTREME Discord server here that we set up yesterday: https://discord.gg/xH22tzW

Technically speaking there is nothing VecFever does that VEXTREME cannot do as well, with a little time and big brain power.  They run virtually the same hardware, and can be made to be the same hardware if necessary (I have one started with a F412 MCU).  Thomas' VecFever is amazing, and nothing can take away from the work that he put into it (and is still putting into it I hope).  Some day I hope to be able to buy one like many of you would.

If you'd like to see what's getting done on VEXTREME, check out the github page's CHANGELOG.md and I'd love to hear if you build one (there's a hall-of-fame section at github waiting for you)!  So far two others have built VEXTREMEs, and gotten them to work.  Open source FTW :D 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, chopperthedog said:

Not even close, better off comparing vextreme to the vecmulti or vecflash. The fever is in its own class.

Right, VecFever is great for 50 (or probably even less) chosen people. And for all those people posting here and wanting one it's just a dissappointment which could have been avoided. So I'm very happy and thankful that Brett develops the VEXTREME.

@playvectrex: Perhaps a good idea to start a new topic for the VEXTREME, Brett.

Edited by hcmffm

My initial comment about vextreme was an uneducated one not knowing they're similar based hardware. So, I apologize for sounding like a dick.

14 minutes ago, hcmffm said:

Right, VecFever is probably great for 50 (or probably even less) people. My guess is that even half of the VecFever owners have it just laying in a shelf. And for all those people posting here and wanting one it's just a dissappointment which could have been avoided. So I'm very happy and thankful that Brett develops the VEXTREME.

@playvectrex: Perhaps a good idea to start a new topic for the VEXTREME, Brett.

There's about 130 fevers and about 20 of the "ultimate" editions that are out there. Normally someone does some cool hardware and abandons the software 6 months or a year later, but he's still plucking away with development of the sbt's of the coin op stuff and fw features. It does suck that more can't enjoy it.

good day.

• Like 3