IGNORED

VecFever

TomSon

Sure looks like it sold to me. Started 7:26 7/6 & Ended 7:26 7/13. Someone made a go at it at 6:52 and bid $1070 for it, which bumped the other guy(the winner), who had put his bid in earlier, to $1095. From 6:52 to 7:26 no one bid it any higher (lol). But, I didn't watch too closely though cause it got a little rich for me around about $350. So, I could be wrong I guess.

43 minutes ago, jatari87 said:

Sure looks like it sold to me. Started 7:26 7/6 & Ended 7:26 7/13. Someone made a go at it at 6:52 and bid $1070 for it, which bumped the other guy(the winner), who had put his bid in earlier, to $1095. From 6:52 to 7:26 no one bid it any higher (lol). But, I didn't watch too closely though cause it got a little rich for me around about $350. So, I could be wrong I guess.

You could be right, I don't do too much business on eBay these days with auctions so I'm a little out of touch. 

• 1 month later...

So I got a VecFlash around 7 years ago, and I think it's getting a bit flakey now.

How much does a VecFever go for straight from the maker (if they are ever available again)?

And is this the one that lets you push a bin directly to the Vectrex from your dev PC?

I'm not paying around £1000 for it on ebay! I assume these are 'collectors' that will never use it rather than devs that will eventually break it! ;)

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I don't know much about the newer Vectrex hardware!

37 minutes ago, adamchevy said:
14 hours ago, jacuk said:
Think I've payed 150,- for a vecfever. Write Thomas an email and be patient

Do you happen to know his email address?

I sent a PM here a bit over 2 years ago that shows as unread, so my assumption is that he's no longer active on AtariAge. If there is a better means to contact Thomas, I'm sure many of us would love details.

17 minutes ago, Sprout said:

I sent a PM here a bit over 2 years ago that shows as unread, so my assumption is that he's no longer active on AtariAge. If there is a better means to contact Thomas, I'm sure many of us would love details.

I sent him a PM today, thats good to know.  

11 hours ago, Sprout said:

That's exactly how I did it. Took a year and a half but he got back to me

• Like 1

That's exactly how I did it. Took a year and a half but he got back to me

I’m glad to know that he does get back to people. I hope he can get these going in a higher production amount. I’ve seen nothing but desire for the cartridge everywhere on the internet’s. 

• 3 weeks later...
100% would love one of these, when I bought a Vectrex earlier in the year, I'd seen Asteroids running with some fab UV overlays, bit the bullet bought the machine, then the UV Frame and overlays, but I so wish I'd known before hand a Vecfever cart was near impossible to find.

With a bit of patience you can get one.

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm not sure there are any *available* as such.  There are two on the horizon.  The guys who finished off the Sprite's Extreme Multicart and turned it into the Vextreme have the potential of adding emulation support, but apart from one experiment by Malban, I don't think have put any serious effort into it *yet*. Then there's our "PiTrex" project, which is a cartridge that lets the Vectrex display and sound chip be driven from an ARM (on a Pi Zero), which is not yet available but does already support several emulations.  We are however doing an interim release of the PiTrex in the next few weeks to developers (and I guess anyone else who is willing to compile things themselves and put up with somewhat alpha-level software).  We're at least committed to making as many PiTrex boards as people want, once we go live.  The first batch was 50 so we'll have 40+ available for developers, and don't really expect to see that many developers taking them up.  (while I'm here, latest video: 

not worth starting a new thread for)

Google for pitrex wiki to find more about the project.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
For those with deep Vectrex pockets, a VecFever has just gone on eBay (UK, but ships worldwide):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vectrex-Vecfever-Ultimate-Edition-Cartridge/333737082222

Gone to £205 in the first 8 hours, with 9.5 days to go.

I’m thinking about cashing in my 401k, so [emoji848]. I was going to do something stupid with the money and buy a car. This is probably a better investment at this point.

12 hours ago, adamchevy said:

I’m thinking about cashing in my 401k, so emoji848.png. I was going to do something stupid with the money and buy a car. This is probably a better investment at this point.

I would fear the VF2 coming out and the value crashing.

I'm hoping things like the PiTrex will give those of us with normal budgets/genuine desire to use the device the VF functionality we crave.

It's now at £478 which is too much for me to play Star Wars on a vector monitor with my genuine Atari yoke...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Christmas Eve VecFever present from Thomas Sontowski!   
"Firmware v2.40 – Merry Christmas !
Hopefully I can entice you to dig out your Vectrex and have some vector fun, playing your favourite Vectrex games or looking at new goodies for the Vectrex. And to get you interested I have added a few new things, too. The Christmas mode option of ‘Word War VI’ has been finally debugged and enabled so now you can play as Santa and drop presents as a side-quest. ••• (more) "

http://www.vecfever.com/2021/12/24/firmware-v2-40-merry-christmas/

#VecFever #Firmware #v240 #Thomas #Sontowski #Vectrex 

wwvi_santa.jpg (1190×358)

Edited by Vectrexer
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, Sprout said:

Here's hoping 2021 is the year for a follow-up product, or a comparable product going live with similar features.

There are quite a few competitors out there or in the works, but obviously Thomas is still interested in the project. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2022!

• Like 3