IGNORED

Ralf David ROMDISK Burn File Generator

Dropcheck

I'm looking for the file, (not the disk, I have that) of Ralf David's ROMDISK Burn File Generator. Specifically I need to disassemble it and create an English translation of the menu and error messages.

The disk I have has the program on it, but it does not have a normal dos file structure and I am unable to pick out just the program. :(

• Like 1

I'm looking for the file, (not the disk, I have that) of Ralf David's ROMDISK Burn File Generator. Specifically I need to disassemble it and create an English translation of the menu and error messages.

The disk I have has the program on it, but it does not have a normal dos file structure and I am unable to pick out just the program. :(

Send the ATR to me and I'll take a crack at extractng the file...

Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

check the attachment. Is this what you're looking for?

Program itself is normal Autorun.sys...

Cheers

Thank you for the file, but this appears to be the Eprom Burner Software, not the romdisk burn file generator. :)

I do now have that file and have translated the German language on screen instructions as best I can. Thanks goes to _The Doctor_ for the assist. ;-)

I should shortly have a reimaged version of Ralf David's RomDisk board available for purchase as part of the 1090XLR project.

"Dropcheck" requested my DOS port via personal message, but neither respond nor downloaded the file.

So for those who don't want to wait ages while creating a burn file in Basic for the ROMDISK on the A8, here is the "exe" with C-source (quite old, forgive the lack of "style" and German comments).

Remarks:

* reads xfd images, feel free to enhance for ATRs

* Romdisk supports only SD/ED images which can occupy up to 3 EPROMS. Since there is then plenty space wasted in the 3rd chip, my converter only supports up to 2 EPROMS -

feel free to change that too if you mind.

BurnFileGen.zip

• Like 2

"Dropcheck" requested my DOS port via personal message, but neither respond nor downloaded the file.

So for those who don't want to wait ages while creating a burn file in Basic for the ROMDISK on the A8, here is the "exe" with C-source (quite old, forgive the lack of "style" and German comments).

Remarks:

* reads xfd images, feel free to enhance for ATRs

* Romdisk supports only SD/ED images which can occupy up to 3 EPROMS. Since there is then plenty space wasted in the 3rd chip, my converter only supports up to 2 EPROMS -

feel free to change that too if you mind.

Sorry I did not respond. :( Thank you anyway. :)

It is definitely another option. The original Burn File Generator is slower due to being written in BASIC. Howerver I am not well versed in the differences of the xfd and atr file formats and how to convert between them. I never really programmed very much in C either and most of that knowledge is locked away in my mind with the key missing. :( Perhaps someone can add the ATR option in their spare time. :)

• 4 months later...

Update:

I've got a translated version done, but I am having a time trying to use it. I tried first in emulated mode. It was throwing I/O error 162 all day long, no matter what I tried.

Then I tried it on real NTSC hardware. It would reach the point of writing the rom file to the destination disk and then throw I/O error 142. I tried different disks and drives. Nothing seemed to solve that error .

I'm trying to test a prototype ROMDISK board for the 1090XLR project. To that end I am trying to create the rom files to burn to the 27512 roms that it uses.

I suspect there is a timing issue between NTSC and PAL systems.

I've included the test disks and both versions of the ROM File Generator program.

Can someone check and see if it's my equipment or if they can recreate the same error?

Atari Label Maker.atr

Microcheck.atr

GermanRomGen.atr

EnglishRomGen.atr