IGNORED

New Donkey Kong PK batch

tep392

I copied manual text from existing manuals. I don't recall which one I used, but it might have the same inconsistency.

Regarding Atarivox support, it's probably possible, but I would rather use my limited free time working on new games. Who knows, maybe CPUWIZ will figure out how to cram a HSC on his versaboard board some day.

I copied manual text from existing manuals. I don't recall which one I used, but it might have the same inconsistency.

Regarding Atarivox support, it's probably possible, but I would rather use my limited free time working on new games. Who knows, maybe CPUWIZ will figure out how to cram a HSC on his versaboard board some day.

That would be awesome.

Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 use competing standards for homebrew gameplay.

A2600 = Genny controller for extra button / Avox for score saving...

A7800 = 7800 controller for extra button and HSC.

And yes, I'm fully aware the HSC nor two-button Atari controller functionality work in 2600 mode. But a commercially viable HSC alternative exists for 2600 but not 7800, nevermind the fact the 2600 solution also works on 7800.

I have everything I need to build more carts but no POKEY chips. If anyone wants to order a cart they will need to send me a POKEY chip or a Ballblazer cart. The price will depend on which one you send.
Price includes shipping in the US.
$56 with POKEY chip doner
$52 with Ballblazer doner
Send me a PM if you want one. If your outside the US, I'll let you know how much the extra postage will be.
Thanks!
TEP392

• 3 weeks later...

Which of the two Ballblazer carts are more common? Red end label or Grey label?

I don't think there is any definitive proof. I have seen or have in my possession many Ballblazer carts. More than 15 in the past year. Out of all of those 3 or 4 are Maroon End labels. So to me the maroon is the rarer. Although there are others that have posted here in the forums or on FB posts that claim the see Maroon end labels all the time and never see silver ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then I better hold off on getting a copy until I locate another Ballblazer. I have one of each. I wasn't aware of he Homebrew community when I bought a 7800 for nostalgia about 4 years ago; at that time, my local game store had a dozen NIB Ballblazers for $7.99, but now that I discovered this place, they're all sold out. They sat there for years (the one I bought turned out to be a Red end label). I haven't ran into a Ballblazer lately but I'm sure another will pop up soon. I do want a DK PK though.

Seems the red end label Ballblazer's are a hell of a lot more common than the silver. Every copy I've ever seen in the wild, owned or otherwise, have all been red. Don't think I've ever seen a silver label in person. Maybe the rarity rating should be flip-flopped for 'em. :lol:

• 4 months later...

I have a lot of people asking for Donkey Kong PK so I'm starting another batch, but the POKEY's are hard to find cheap now which has driven the price up to $65 + shipping for the cart+manual. I've sent PM's to everyone on my list and will build a few extra. PM me if you want in.

Also, I'll give a $15 credit towards your purchase if you send me a doner Ballblazer cart.

Thank you!

TEP

Hi Tep,

I ordered a ballblazer cart and should have it in a few days. Please, if possible add me to your list for the next batch of Donkey Kong PK carts! Thanks!

Hi Tep,

I ordered a ballblazer cart and should have it in a few days. Please, if possible add me to your list for the next batch of Donkey Kong PK carts! Thanks!

I'll put you on the list. I've run out of boards but should be ordering more soon.

My wait list is starting to grow, so I've ordered more parts and will be able to start building more carts in about a week.

Details:

Send me a PM if you want one. If your outside the US, I'll let you know how much the extra postage will be.
post-24519-0-48349700-1515343952_thumb.jpg

My wait list is starting to grow, so I've ordered more parts and will be able to start building more carts in about a week.

Details:

Is the price backwards?

• 2 weeks later...