IGNORED

ST Ports Series 2 Ready for Pre-Order NOW!

Gaztee

I know I'm not in the majority, but I really did like the style Maniac Mansion had on NES over other versions I've seen. Also, love that game's soundtrack. Anyhow, looking forward to this, the version of Commando I was able to play at the AtariAge booth a while back definitely felt like a few steps above the NES port in this case.

Anyhow, looking forward to this, the version of Commando I was able to play at the AtariAge booth a while back definitely felt like a few steps above the NES port in this case.

Please post when you get them and comments after you have played. It'll be great to read what people think.

• Like 2

Just got mine in the mail! Can't wait to try them out. One thing I've noticed (and this is by no means a gripe, so please don't feel insulted) is the boxes are very, very, very slightly larger than a typical Jaguar/SNES game box. I noticed the same thing with Alice's Mom's Rescue. I wouldn't ever have noticed except they don't fit into a typical plastic SNES box protector, though some are apparently manufactured with a bit more wiggle room so I've been able to use those. Not sure if anybody else has this problem (or even bothers with protectors) but just something I've come across with some of the homebrews.

Just got mine in the mail! Can't wait to try them out. One thing I've noticed (and this is by no means a gripe, so please don't feel insulted) is the boxes are very, very, very slightly larger than a typical Jaguar/SNES game box. I noticed the same thing with Alice's Mom's Rescue. I wouldn't ever have noticed except they don't fit into a typical plastic SNES box protector, though some are apparently manufactured with a bit more wiggle room so I've been able to use those. Not sure if anybody else has this problem (or even bothers with protectors) but just something I've come across with some of the homebrews.

I have mine in those. They are tight, but they do fit :) I didn't know the SNES boxes were the same size either as I only have N64 stuff :D

I have mine in those. They are tight, but they do fit :) I didn't know the SNES boxes were the same size either as I only have N64 stuff :D

I have them in said cases, but I've noticed some batches are tighter fits than others. Regardless, the homebrew boxes are definitely incrementally larger, as I removed other Jag games from their protectors and tried to squeeze in the HBs to no avail. Basically had to search for some that were part of a larger batch...might have to look into which distributor I got the bigger ones from.

At any rate, yes, SNES, Jaguar, and N64 games all use the same size boxes and protectors. I think Genesis games fit in said protectors as well, but most of them are plastic cases to begin with, so it's hardly worth the bother unless it's something really, really valuable. However, there are a few games (Bubsy comes to mind) for the Genesis that do come in cardboard boxes which make more sense to put in a protector. Really, it's just the OCD coming out in me when it comes to my collection. It seems a shame to spend all the money for a pristine homebrew and not do my best to keep it minty fresh.

I have them in said cases, but I've noticed some batches are tighter fits than others. Regardless, the homebrew boxes are definitely incrementally larger, as I removed other Jag games from their protectors and tried to squeeze in the HBs to no avail. Basically had to search for some that were part of a larger batch...might have to look into which distributor I got the bigger ones from.

At any rate, yes, SNES, Jaguar, and N64 games all use the same size boxes and protectors. I think Genesis games fit in said protectors as well, but most of them are plastic cases to begin with, so it's hardly worth the bother unless it's something really, really valuable. However, there are a few games (Bubsy comes to mind) for the Genesis that do come in cardboard boxes which make more sense to put in a protector. Really, it's just the OCD coming out in me when it comes to my collection. It seems a shame to spend all the money for a pristine homebrew and not do my best to keep it minty fresh.

If you find some larger batch ones let me know. I squeezed in my homebrews, but am afraid one day I will pull them out and box art will peel off and stick to the plastic.

If you find some larger batch ones let me know. I squeezed in my homebrews, but am afraid one day I will pull them out and box art will peel off and stick to the plastic.

The box art should not stick to the plastic as it is hidden behind lamination & having pulled lamination off one of my boxes previously it didn't actually affect the artwork badly at all, just wan't nice and shiny anymore.

Apparently there are two different types of those clear sleeves. I bought a bunch awhile back and they are tight. I just ordered 10 more on ebay and they are a little bigger. They also are different looking, not the same type of plastic.

Here is the new(bigger) batch I ordered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-ATARI-JAGUAR-CLEAR-PROTECTIVE-BOX-SLEEVE-CASE-ARCHIVAL-QUALITY-FREE-SHIP-/152595157184?hash=item23876150c0:g:1iYAAOSwN2VZSwfZ

Apparently there are two different types of those clear sleeves. I bought a bunch awhile back and they are tight. I just ordered 10 more on ebay and they are a little bigger. They also are different looking, not the same type of plastic.

Here is the new(bigger) batch I ordered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-ATARI-JAGUAR-CLEAR-PROTECTIVE-BOX-SLEEVE-CASE-ARCHIVAL-QUALITY-FREE-SHIP-/152595157184?hash=item23876150c0:g:1iYAAOSwN2VZSwfZ

Be interested to hear how they fit :)

Be interested to hear how they fit :)

The smaller ones fit, but are tight. The slightly bigger ones fight perfect!

btw...the smaller ones came with a tissue sheet in between each sleeve. The bigger ones did not have the tissue sheet separating the sleeves.

Edited by Machine