IGNORED

ST Ports Series 2 Ready for Pre-Order NOW!

Gaztee

Badlands was awesome... I played it with my daughter for like 30 minutes (which is a long time to keep her concentration). I also played Commando...

With that leave at the end it makes me feel like you didn't care for Commando, may I ask what you might not have liked? I thought it was cools when I tried it before, haven't spent time with the newer things I've picked up for the Jag yet though, gonna try and do that later this week / weekend.

With that leave at the end it makes me feel like you didn't care for Commando, may I ask what you might not have liked? I thought it was cools when I tried it before, haven't spent time with the newer things I've picked up for the Jag yet though, gonna try and do that later this week / weekend.

I'm very happy with Commando - but then I really like the game and always have. There are also ROMs of all these available, so it's not like anyone has to make a blind order.

• Like 4

Got off early from work tonight, was able to give these two a spin. I know some get in a huff when talking about these "ports" being a part of the Jag game library, but man, these are pretty awesome additions to the Jag. Also, I love that they're not just straight ports from their base source. I'd rather call 'em Frankenports. I don't have any experience gaming on the Atari ST, but comparing video and whatnot, clearly they're rocking different sound among whatever performance tweaks are in play. Love the music taken from (what seems to be? I had to look up what SID meant hehe) the Commodore 64 version of Commando and Badlands controlled great with the Jag d-pad. Thanks for the opportunity to add these as carts to pick and choose from whenever I fire up the Jaguar. Lookin' forward to whatever sets might be available in the future. = )

• Like 6

Ahh, I realize the ... at the end made it seem like I was leading into a thought.

No Commando was great! I was in a rush when I wrote that last night and didn't complete my thought. I definitely liked Badlands better because I like racing games, but Commando is great. It reminds me a lot of Jackal for the NES.

• Like 2

I just made a big order of SNES/N64/Jaguar protectors from Retro Protection. The homebrews are snug, but fit right in with no issues. I've made several orders from Dan over the last few months, and he's always delivered quality protectors quickly.

Yeah, my last protectors were from retroprotection on eBay and they fit all the homebrews just fine, these others I got from keep_em_minty on eBay fit pretty snug on the retail games and won't fit the homebrews without force, and that's.. like.. the opposite of why you'd wanna use protection.

Yeah, my last protectors were from retroprotection on eBay and they fit all the homebrews just fine, these others I got from keep_em_minty on eBay fit pretty snug on the retail games and won't fit the homebrews without force, and that's.. like.. the opposite of why you'd wanna use protection.

Yup, I've bought from keep_em_minty. There's nothing really wrong with the protectors, but they are definitely made to be a bit more snug of a fit with the regular games and there's no way they'll hold Jaguar homebrews.

Played both games til my fingers bled but stayed with Commando mostly. LOVE this game although first time playing the ST version.

I did better later but here's a shot from one of my early games:

post-2188-0-53268500-1505760831_thumb.jpg

I watched some videos on YT but didn't know if I was thorough enough to answer my own question. Are the secret stages/tunnels in this version?

Anyway, awesome game and one of my personal favorites of the ports. Thank you for this! :thumbsup:post-2188-0-53268500-1505760831_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So what's the best strategy for badlands - keep adding to speed? Keep adding to tires? Equally add to both? I seem to do pretty ok without trying until I get to the fourth or fifth race, and then it becomes a struggle sometimes. I haven't cracked what is the most efficient path but I actually think adding to tires over speed hepls more than I expected it to.

Also, has anyone made a UGC insert for Badlands yet? Keeping my eye out for that so I can get it displayed with my other UGC housed Jag games :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/16/2017 at 8:14 PM, Stage_1_Boss said:

Need another batch of the larger protectors that will fit the port boxes. Anyone have a link that they know will fit?

• 4 weeks later...