IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

... and now 2017 has finally reached my time zone! Happy New Year, everybody!

Funny ... I didn't remember until now that I posted a RVGS/Chameleon reference last year. At the time, I couldn't have anticipated how much of a wild ride that whole "enterprise" would be, through all of 2016. As amazing as this thread is, I think the Chameleon thread has now clearly surpassed it both in size and in entertainment value, but both threads are still valuable as cautionary tales.

Glad to see this "tradition" continue!

• Like 9

Apparently, Atari wasworking on a Knight Rider arcade game at one point...

It was going to be a laserdisc game as well.

No information on fisticuffs or if the Kinko's guy was involved...

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/related/prototype/atari.asp

Thanks for the link! That's a good site I forgot about, didn't even know they had a Laserdisc section there on other games.

In regards to Knight Rider, from that site, here's what the amazing Owen Rubin had to say about it:

On Knight Rider and Battlestar Galactica, we went to Universal and got to look through a LOT of footage (some aired some not) of shots from the shows. On Knight Rider, the game was going to be a driving game where you had to use KITT's special features to catch the bad guys. Jumping, speed, guns, electronic jamming, etc. It would be a combination graphics and video game (NOT like Firefox) with graphics better than most driving games and live video mixed in, and the voice of KITT helping you along in the game. When you did a stunt with KITT, you would see an instant replay of the stunt in live video from the show. We also had some great footage that was never seen. Like what REALLY happened to the cars after they made a jump. It really crumpled the front of the cars a lot, but that was edited out. If you missed a jump timing in the game for example, you would see the car land and crumple and you lose a life (or whatever). There were lots of outtakes that would have made great game play error footage. We never got much further than that as we killed all laserdisc games shortly after Road Runner.

• Like 7

• 11 months later...

We're starting early this year!

So, now that we're here at the beginning of another year, in the eloquent tradition of the recent Ataribox thread, let's all say it together ...

"Happy New Atari Year that 2018?!"

(It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?)

I can't seem to be able to embed it, but here is a short clip of The Hoff playing Atari 5200 Pac-Man on KITT's monitors, from the opening of the Season 2 episode "Soul Survivor":

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/ccManager/clips/computers-vs-video-games-on-knight-rider/view

• Like 4