IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

Not surprised the KR game didn't get completed. It was going to take too much Hard Work.

Wow, its from 2003. Back when there were Kinko's stores (now Fed-Ex.. since 2004). I just re-read a few pages. HardWork's writing style is often funny to me. "There is a fragile, narrow vector of opportunity here", quoth the developer who spent many a sweet summer hacking Apple II Basic (with a slight flirtation with VB)....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, everybody ... I've got some exciting news about what Team Savage has been up to! They're revising their marketing strategy, borrowing a few pages from the Retro VGS playbook. Knight Rider 2600 is now a Coleco branded game named "Grid Rethink" (an anagram of "Knight Rider"). It won't actually play on the ColecoVision, mind you, but they were able to get the Coleco license really cheap, and they feel that having an established brand on the product will make people forget their first attempt help to generate media interest. They've also acquired the original plastic injection molds that were used to create Knight Rider toy cars in the 1980s.

Their new plan is to remake the game into a Plug-and-Play TV unit, with the game built right into the car! The new "retro-style" game is based on a customized version of "Tiny Knight", incorporating stunt driving, fisticuffs, and all the other elements that we remember so fondly from the original 2600 game. This means that they'll need to rewrite the whole game from scratch, but they're sure they'll have a working prototype ready in time for Toy Fair in February.

• Like 5

Hey, everybody ... I've got some exciting news about what Team Savage has been up to! They're revising their marketing strategy, borrowing a few pages from the Retro VGS playbook. Knight Rider 2600 is now a Coleco branded game named "Grid Rethink" (an anagram of "Knight Rider"). It won't actually play on the ColecoVision, mind you, but they were able to get the Coleco license really cheap, and they feel that having an established brand on the product will make people forget their first attempt help to generate media interest. They've also acquired the original plastic injection molds that were used to create Knight Rider toy cars in the 1980s.

Their new plan is to remake the game into a Plug-and-Play TV unit, with the game built right into the car! The new "retro-style" game is based on a customized version of "Tiny Knight", incorporating stunt driving, fisticuffs, and all the other elements that we remember so fondly from the original 2600 game. This means that they'll need to rewrite the whole game from scratch, but they're sure they'll have a working prototype ready in time for Toy Fair in February.

Too bad, I was holding out for an XM exclusive.

• Like 3

Hey, everybody ... I've got some exciting news about what Team Savage has been up to! They're revising their marketing strategy, borrowing a few pages from the Retro VGS playbook. Knight Rider 2600 is now a Coleco branded game named "Grid Rethink" (an anagram of "Knight Rider").

Grid Rethink is actually a damn cool game name.

• Like 2

Grid Rethink - You put the game in and fun comes out!

"It's that simple !!!"

Seems to me that Grid Rethink would be a Tron sequel.

Actually, "Grid Rethink" will be a Tron sequel and a Knight Rider 2600 sequel! They plan to "legally extract all of the enjoyable bits" from both franchises and combine them into a new one!

Oh, they'll be launching a Kickstarter campaign, too. The appearance of David Hasselhoff and William Shatner in the game will be two major stretch goals, along with a range of exclusive designer colors!

• Like 3

Actually, "Grid Rethink" will be a Tron sequel and a Knight Rider 2600 sequel! They plan to "legally extract all of the enjoyable bits" from both franchises and combine them into a new one!

Oh, they'll be launching a Kickstarter campaign, too. The appearance of David Hasselhoff and William Shatner in the game will be two major stretch goals, along with a range of exclusive designer colors!

Er.... Mah.... Gerd!

The reboot crossover of teh century!!! KITT is teleported (lasered?) into the virtual world to fight evil! PLLLEZZLLEEELLZZZZ make Shatner the enemy boss!!!!

• Like 4