IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

Holy feck this was a lot of reading...

but as was said in (very) few other posts, I believe his ideas COULD be realized in a Ghostbusters-esque game but nowhere near as clear/precise as he states, he obviously grew up with the NES or 16bit era machines considering his big plans... it's almost as if he just thought of the VCS as a system as powerful as any other around the late 80's/earlt 90's (despite the VCS coming out in the 70's!) just in very low res... yeah those screenshots he mocked up would totally work, forget memory/sprite/etc limitations, as long as it's blocky, the VCS can run it right?

You know, this country, and I'm sure many others, have special days they celebrate -- National Goat Cheese day, Aluminum Siding Week -- ad so on. What say we have a yearly celebration that could commemorate the awesomeness that is the Knight Rider 2600 Project?

We could have cake and punch in the privacy of our own homes, and give the "Team Savage award of Awesomeness" to recognize those coders in our midst that hold down day jobs at Kinko's?

Any other ideas for this festival of win?

Edited by Inky

• 2 months later...

I predict that HardWork comes out of retirement with the Kinko's guy to finish this!

They'll make one cartridge and try to sell it for $32,768. NovaXpress will return to AtariAge and buy it, then he'll have a talented stripper ready to shoot it in the air from her special place. He'll yell "Pull!" and she'll expel the cartridge at high speed into the air like a clay pigeon, then he'll shoot the cartridge out of the sky with one perfect shot.

• Like 5

I predict that HardWork comes out of retirement with the Kinko's guy to finish this!

They'll make one cartridge and try to sell it for $32,768. NovaXpress will return to AtariAge and buy it, then he'll have a talented stripper ready to shoot it in the air from her special place. He'll yell "Pull!" and she'll expel the cartridge at high speed into the air like a clay pigeon, then he'll shoot the cartridge out of the sky with one perfect shot.

There's an image!

• Like 1

I can't believe how easily the 2012 title could have been taken. Unfortunately, I was asleep before midnight last night. One of the unfortunate minuses of getting old.

Edited by Mirage
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

If the box transforms like the KITT car from the recent show, I'm in. ;)

Oh, that would be so cool.....I'll go let my cashier at the local Michael's know, I'm sure he's ALL OVER a project like this with his mad skills.....Kinko's guy, Michael's cashier......NEVER LET HOPE DIE

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dangit, I just sold my 1982 Firebird since the grill LEDs failed.

Yeah, this cockpit slides right into a real Firebird, too, you should have kept it. I'm trying to hack my controller into a '74 AMC Pacer, but it's requiring a lot of modding.

• 2 months later...