IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

I found some promotional materials for the Knight Rider 2600 game!

This brought a smile to my face, funny stuff , enjoyable bits and all. It would be funny to grab other 'promotional updates' from HardWork's comments and make another some day. I liked the sly switch in music soundtracks too. :D

• Like 2

I think you guys are all selling HardWork short... I mean... with all the time he's had... he could make a VCS release that could rival the 32X with what it's capable of.

This is a joke

Edited by Torr
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Man that's a weird thread. I'm at page 6 and I'm not sure I want to have the full 32 page experience...

it's totally worth it, especially when it gets to be self-reflexive.

I still don't understand why our greatest minds haven't *actually* picked this project up and run with it...

I still don't understand why our greatest minds haven't *actually* picked this project up and run with it...

I predict that a new batari Basic user with 5 minutes programming experience will crank out a buggy, unpolished version and it won't even take a full weekend to finish. They'll be selling carts the very next week. It will sell 500 copies.

We didn't want to ruin this ongoing thread. :)

Indeed. This thread is so many wonderful things: It's a cautionary tale. It's a story of self delusion and it's an underdog story. It's part of the AA mythos.

If someone does take Knight Rider 2600 on, I hope they treat it with the respect it deserves. They should follow Hardwork's build docs and dreams to the fullest. No byte should be wasted. Anything less would sully this beautiful thread.

But a part of me hopes that nobody will ever take it on. However unlikely, James Hardwork could come back some day and actually follow through. I like my stories to be open like that.

While browsing Amazon the other day it recommended a Knight Rider K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R. slot racing set. In addition to simply geeking out over the existence of such a thing and thinking about how awesome that would have been to me as a kid, I remembered this thread.

That's it. I guess that doesn't have much to do with this thread.

So I guess it's on topic. :)

I can't believe this thread is almost 13 years old. I didn't know AtariAge had been around for that long!

Related link:

atariage.com/about.php

AtariAge began in May of 1998 with the name Atari 2600 Nexus, basically as a collection of links to other Atari 2600 sites. Over the years, it grew to contain original content and news thanks to the help of a supportive Atari community. In early 2001, the site was redesigned from the ground up. It was then relaunched as AtariAge in April 2001, featuring a new design and expanded coverage.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't think I said it can't be done. I said you can't do it. Different things.

In any case, I'm interested in working on some sort of Programming for Newbies forum, where we walk through the steps of developing on the '2600. Perhaps you can join up, if that happens, and you will one day be able to laugh at your approach/proposal, too.

Nothing personal intended, but your approach is just so misguided as to be actually quite entertaining. I just wish I could bet some money on this project not happening.

Cheers

A

Let's not forget that through this thread the KR project actually DID start the programming for newbies forum which helped.... oooh.... dozens of people learn how to program the '2600. So how about letting it die and give the guy a break. Joke's getting old.

• Like 1