IGNORED

ColecoVision/ADAM convention ADAMcon29

adamcon

Got a REAL late start, but ADAMcon 29 will be held in Guelph, Ontario, Canada on July 20-23 at the Hampton Inn . Registration form is available at http://ann.hollowdreams.com Just click on the AC29 Registration link on the lower right of the page and get the .doc file for it. Time is short and we only have until June 5th to confirm hotel rooms; after that date we are at the mercy of the hotel having rooms available to us.

• Like 3

Got a REAL late start, but ADAMcon 29 will be held in Guelph, Ontario, Canada on July 20-23 at the Hampton Inn . Registration form is available at http://ann.hollowdreams.com Just click on the AC29 Registration link on the lower right of the page and get the .doc file for it. Time is short and we only have until June 5th to confirm hotel rooms; after that date we are at the mercy of the hotel having rooms available to us.

I will be there. Just need to get my plane tickets and some extra cash to have some nice meals.

That'd be real cool. :)

Perhaps we could all go to the exact same restaurant we went to last year, and Daniel and I can grill you again about your ColecoVision replacement board which is taking forever and a half. :P

I'll have to remember to save some room for the big desserts they had.

I read an article about difficulties with large projects that aren't on the front burner, so if you just want something simple, CV controller capability and VGA, I might have something available "relatively" soon.

It was the original plan, but it was changed to make it possible for most of us to be at the convention this year.

Do you need any reprogrammable flash boards (32K or higher) that work with most EPROM programmers? Let me know, and I'll bring a few.

I'll have to remember to save some room for the big desserts they had.

Oh yeah! I remember those desserts! :D

I read an article about difficulties with large projects that aren't on the front burner, so if you just want something simple, CV controller capability and VGA, I might have something available "relatively" soon.

Well, given that Opcode is releasing a sort of Super ColecoVision, and CollectorVision is releasing something else that is pretty cool but excludes SGM support, your angle could (and should) simply be a "vanilla" CV board that includes the expansion port so we can plug in our SGMs. I don't really care if it doesn't offer any extra bells and whistles aside from VGA output, in fact I would appreciate a board that's not a big hit on the ol' wallet. :)

Oh yeah! I remember those desserts! :D

Well, given that Opcode is releasing a sort of Super ColecoVision, and CollectorVision is releasing something else that is pretty cool but excludes SGM support, your angle could (and should) simply be a "vanilla" CV board that includes the expansion port so we can plug in our SGMs. I don't really care if it doesn't offer any extra bells and whistles aside from VGA output, in fact I would appreciate a board that's not a big hit on the ol' wallet. :)

I think Dale's dessert fed a family of three. ;)

Good point on the CV+. There's three fairly different units on the horizon, which is all good. Maybe mine is the bare bones version (mostly), Bmack/Collectorvision's is the FPGA version that supports MSX and more, and Eduardo's is the "next generation" CV.

I think Dale's dessert fed a family of three. ;)

And I seem to recall that it actually did. Jill and Jeffrey did dig into it after Dale said he was too full to finish it. :)

Good point on the CV+. There's three fairly different units on the horizon, which is all good. Maybe mine is the bare bones version (mostly), Bmack/Collectorvision's is the FPGA version that supports MSX and more, and Eduardo's is the "next generation" CV.

The SGM many people bought is still pretty much brand new, so having a modern replacement CV board to plug the SGM into is an attractive solution for all those people. Also, there are plenty of dead ColecoVisions out there and their console casings could be cleaned and recycled with your replacement board. It's still an attractive solution even with Opcode's and CollectorVision's offerings on the horizon, but only if you include the expansion port.

Also, as a side note, including the front expansion port means you'll have to make sure the Atari 2600 module works with your board. The Expansion Module #3 (a.k.a. ADAM) is probably less of a problem since very few people have it, but if both modules are supported, that will be a big plus for everyone. Personally, I don't care about either modules, I'd be happy if your board just supported the SGM, but I am aware that many people feel differently about this issue.