IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

1 hour ago, OrangeKryptonite said:

Hi there,

Finally had time to unbox my unit it, hook it up and start playing with it. I am very impressed. This is an incredible feat of engineering. 

Where can we go for firmware upgrade files, online manual and core updates?

Can anyone tell me what the file limit per folder is? Read the manual but there's no mention of file limits in folders for either core. Can anyone provide any guidance on this?

Thanks in advance

Firmware updates and cores are posted at the start of 

12 hours ago, OrangeKryptonite said:

Thank you SO much for replying. Would you mind helping me with one other question - do you know if there are file limits within folders for either the Atari or the Colecovision cores? I don't see this documented anywhere.

I have no idea on this. Maybe @Bmack36 can answer. I haven't run any issues but I believe I am using a setup from either Smokemonster or for the Atarimax card (which I am not sure where that would have been from)

On 3/16/2020 at 5:08 PM, Loafer said:

I can vouch for this power supply, works great!

I can also vouch for it- truly a great alternative, even essential, and much healthier for your console too. A cheaper and better alternative to buying a phoenix. 

Edited by Spector

do you know if there are file limits within folders for either the Atari or the Colecovision cores?

The ColecoVision menu has a limit of 254 files in a folder (including subfolders), but for performance I like to keep it closer to 100. There is a maximum path length of 512 characters, so don't use lots of long nested subfolder names. (512 takes a while to get to on a 40 character screen anyway ;) ). Individual filenames may be up to 126 characters, but you can't read more than the 40 chars on the screen so probably best to keep names under 40 characters. Only 7-bit ASCII characters are supported (ie: no accents or unicode or graphics characters).

On 4/17/2020 at 5:22 AM, Spector said:

I can also vouch for it- truly a great alternative, even essential, and much healthier for your console too. A cheaper and better alternative to buying a phoenix. 

Sure, if your only reason to buying a Phoenix is because of a dead power supply. But you know, the Phoenix offers so much more than it being a replacement because of a bad power supply

That last statement you made is a huge apples to horses comparison. I can't make sense of it in the context of what we were talking about and considering what else the Phoenix offers you (other systems, F18, SGM compatibility, ability to run from SD Cards, etc).

On 4/22/2020 at 1:22 PM, Loafer said:

Sure, if your only reason to buying a Phoenix is because of a dead power supply. But you know, the Phoenix offers so much more than it being a replacement because of a bad power supply

That last statement you made is a huge apples to horses comparison. I can't make sense of it in the context of what we were talking about and considering what else the Phoenix offers you (other systems, F18, SGM compatibility, ability to run from SD Cards, etc).

I'm right there with you, buddy. Whiplash.

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 9:22 AM, NIAD said:
On 8/26/2018 at 11:30 PM, retroillucid said:

That's actually a good question!

You'll need a ''special'' adapter wich would plug into the Phoenix Expansion Port

Couldn't you also connect the CV Power Supply to the Roller Controller and then the cables to the joystick ports like we do on a CV.... just no CV of coarse.

Has anyone tried this method to use the roller controller on the Phoenix? Thanks

Edited by funcool
edit