IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

Modern heresy :) This is one of the main reasons people still keep CRTs around. Super-sharpness applied to retro games looks totally unnatural to me and old TV's intrinsic AA was always a blessing.

Of course, I'm not saying that fuzz & other scaling artifacts are a good thing.

I don't mind the minor softness added when using interpolation, but straight up blur or those smoothing filters really bug me.

We are excited to announce that "Early Access" systems for the Collectorvision Phoenix are now available for pre-order.

Details and order information: http://collectorvisionphoenix.com

post-41816-0-17411400-1536887305.jpg

post-41816-0-37768800-1536887322.jpg

The ONLY Colecovision™ system you will EVER need!

An FPGA ColecoVision™ Compatible System

We are announcing an "early access" run of the CollectorVision Phoenix console to help fund the full production run of the project. We need YOUR HELP to make this console a reality! Users who purchase the early access system will receive the console significantly sooner than the final release version as well as the first opportunity to purchase expansions/accessories.

The Early Access systems will be made regardless, even if we have to 3D print the casing, but the goal here is to raise enough money from the ColecoVision community to produce a finalized injection molded version of the system, and if we can do that, *ALL SYSTEMS* including the Early Access consoles will be injection molded.

Program information:

The cost of the Early Access units will be $300 plus shipping (and tax where applicable). These units will be available prior to the final production units.
Your support by purchasing the Early Access console will be greatly appreciated as the additional cost of these units will be contributed to finalize the mold for the case and fund the remaining development tasks and licensing costs.
The Early Access pre-sale is open to those in the US and Canada. If you live outside of those countries, please contact brian@collectorvision.com and note there may be additional shipping charges involved.

Early Access customers will also have the option to have their name listed in the Phoenix manual acknowledging their support.

Please help us spread the word about the Early Access run so we can get the funding needed to to move forward with the final production run.

As a "thank you" to our Early Access supporters, your name will appear in the CollectorVision Phoenix manual as part of the "ColecoVision Brotherhood" who have helped fund this project to make it a reality for everyone!

Early Access buyers should have access to either standard ColecoVision™ or SNES controllers, as no controllers are included with the system.

Product Description

The CollectorVision Phoenix™ is an FPGA ColecoVision™ compatible system that plays ALL ColecoVision™ games

Dimensions

– 7.50″ length

– 4.75″ wide

– 1.70″ high

Compatibility

– Compatible with ALL ColecoVision™ game cartridges!

– 100% Accurate!

– Region Free!

– Worldwide Compatibility [PSU: 100-240v, 50-60hz]

Video

– HDMI Output

Audio

– Digital audio via HDMI

Special Features

F18A Video Enhanced Compatibility Built-in* ($86 value!)

Officially licensed Opcode SGM compatibility Built-in* ($100 value!)

– Original-style Colecovision™ (DB-9) Controller Ports

– Original Colecovision™ Cartridge Port

– Original-style SNES/SFC Controller Port (For even more controller compatiblity!) (NTT Data compatible)

– SD card firmware updating [via SD card slot]*

– PS2 Keyboard input

– The SEX7264 “COURTNEY” Wavetable Sound Generator (WSG) is a new custom sound chip which can produce a rich plurality of sounds with minimal intervention of the CPU.

INCLUDES

– CollectorVision Phoenix Video Game System™

– Sydney Hunter & the Caverns of Death (Exclusive pack-in Game cartridge)

– Instruction Manual

– HDMI Cable

– Worldwide Power Supply [100-240v, 50/60hz, USA/JPN plug-type]

– 10+ Built-in digital Homebrew games included!

post-41816-0-92274000-1536887310_thumb.jpg

See the video below for a demonstration:

Details and order information: http://collectorvisionphoenix.com

Any questions about the Early Access systems contact us at:
brian@collectorvision.com
  • Like 10

I just ordered as well. You don't mention delivery time?

How close is the beta to final HW? If there are issues, are we getting final HW as part of the beta purchase?

Thanks!

The delivery will be sometime before the main production. We are going to try and make the beta's with the same injection molded case and hardware as the production units. The Betas will just have earlier access to the system.

So what you are saying is the BETA version might only have BETA firmware and the hardware for the BETA version including the case should be the same as the final release version. So the advatage of paying $300 now instead of $200 later is that one gets the system sooner. Something I well need to think about.

Edited by HDTV1080P

We are excited to announce that we are now taking pre-orders for the Beta program of the CollectorVision Phoenix.

See the video below for more info:

Order Here:

https://colecovisionupgradesandsales.ecwid.com/…

Any questions about the Beta program contact us at:

brian@collectorvision.com

Looking good. Best of luck with the Kickstarter. I'm personally going to wait on some reviews from people in the AA community and Youtube, but you can count me in if general opinions about the system are favorable.

• Like 2

Would love to support the beta but with the exchange rate and shipping this would be north of CA$400. I'm trying to discipline my spending on this expensive hobby of mine so will wait for the Kickstarter which I'll support immediately. No need to wait for reviews for me - I know this system will be awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is it okay to change cartridges with the system still powered on as you're doing in the video? If so I'll miss the "Please Turn Off Before Inserting Cartridge" screen :-D

• Like 2