IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

Well the beta units will be produced regardless of kickstarter success, although we may have to use a non injection molded case depending on how many beta units get sold if the kickstarter doesn't get funded. If for some reason kickstarter isn't funded, then we will have adjust things so that we can make it work

• Like 1

If a authorized licensed version of BAGMAN was included, most likely many people would purchase this system.

Also you might want to consider offering some type of wholesale discount for resellers that want to purchase 10+ systems for resale. Once this system is in the hands of professional reviewers and if the system gets a fair and positive review many more system would be sold.

Edited by HDTV1080P

you might want to consider offering some type of wholesale discount for resellers that want to purchase 10+ systems for resale.

Why? So you can flip them on eBay where the people who put actual real time, effort and money dedicated to the project get nothing more that the original value and you get a ton of extra cash? Seriously, they should CHARGE YOU MORE MONEY instead of giving you a discount.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.15.06 PM.png

Exactly how many of these Atarimax SD "Wafer Drives" (which isn't even the actual name of it) and SGM's did you end up buying? And am I to assume you gave Albert and Steven LESS money for their items so that you can flip them for $100 profit?

I'm sorry, but people like you make me sick because all you're doing is purposely driving up the cost of homebrew items like this. While I know there is technically nothing "illegal" with what you are doing, I do find it to be unethical. It would be one thing if you just happened to be selling a one-off item from long ago that you had and the prices when up, no, you are purposely holding on to stock of RECENT ITEMS to sell them at a much higher price for when the homebrewer sells out, and in my opinion, I think that sucks. I can't stop you, but I think it sucks.

As an open request to JF and Brian - Please LIMIT sales to maybe 2 per person so that you don't have guys like this buying 10 or 20, waiting for you to be "out of stock" on them, and then pushing them out to eBay at a crazy inflated price for their own personal benefit. By limiting sales per person you'll have more stock that you can sell to more people, spreading the fun even wider, and all those customers know that the full profit goes to YOU. The people who deserve it the most!

Another idea would try to raise enough money so there can be a constant stream of availability so that there isn't a way for someone else to steal the profits of your hard work.

You could also put some units on eBay yourself with a Buy it Now at the same price you'll sell them for on your website to help regulate the price so it doesn't artificially sky rocket.

Really, I just want to see the homebrew developers reap the rewards of their work, not some sleazy eBay flipper. That's all. Thanks for listening.

/end rant

• Like 9

If a authorized licensed version of BAGMAN was included, most likely many people would purchase this system.

Also you might want to consider offering some type of wholesale discount for resellers that want to purchase 10+ systems for resale. Once this system is in the hands of professional reviewers and if the system gets a fair and positive review many more system would be sold.

I think Bagman is discontinued, theyd have to pay for more carts, manuals and boxes, which might lose them money. The idea behind the bonus Roms is it might not cost them much, they would likely release them eventually and the Roms would still be fairly secure until they decide to release the rom.

I think Bagman is discontinued, theyd have to pay for more carts, manuals and boxes, which might lose them money. The idea behind the bonus Roms is it might not cost them much, they would likely release them eventually and the Roms would still be fairly secure until they decide to release the rom.

We're going to release more rom files over the next year

• Like 2

i see in your video that you have modified or rewritten the BIOS.

Did you try game like Artic Adventure ? Don't you have issue on the title ?

Also you modified the fonts, there are few games (i don't have name in head now, but there are) that use the bios font pattern to generate other font style, like "Bold" or "Italic" , as result if the starting is different you can have strange effect in the game.

BTW, Great work!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i see in your video that you have modified or rewritten the BIOS.

Did you try game like Artic Adventure ? Don't you have issue on the title ?

Also you modified the fonts, there are few games (i don't have name in head now, but there are) that use the bios font pattern to generate other font style, like "Bold" or "Italic" , as result if the starting is different you can have strange effect in the game.

BTW, Great work!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seen some of that! :)

TPR,

I was thinking about all resellers like ATARIAGE, ECOLECO, and other websites might be interested in reselling the CollectorVision game system just like ATARIAGE resells the OPCODE Super Game Module.

Actually, I paid full price for the SGM’s I purchased. Another issue is that people that sale on EBAY and Amazon get hit with 20%-25% in fees where as people that have their own website only get charged around a 5% PAYPAL fee.

If some homebrew developers want to develop a reseller program then in the dealer agreement they could price lock the maximum price one can charge for a product. However, that price needs to be an extra 20%-25% higher for people that list items on Amazon and EBAY.

I was thinking about all resellers like ATARIAGE, ECOLECO, and other websites might be interested in reselling the CollectorVision game system just like ATARIAGE resells the OPCODE Super Game Module.

AtariAge isn't a "reseller." AtariAge is a publisher/distributor. There is a huge... HUGE difference between the two.

• Like 3

Why? So you can flip them on eBay where the people who put actual real time, effort and money dedicated to the project get nothing more that the original value and you get a ton of extra cash? Seriously, they should CHARGE YOU MORE MONEY instead of giving you a discount.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.15.06 PM.png

Exactly how many of these Atarimax SD "Wafer Drives" (which isn't even the actual name of it) and SGM's did you end up buying? And am I to assume you gave Albert and Steven LESS money for their items so that you can flip them for $100 profit?

I'm sorry, but people like you make me sick because all you're doing is purposely driving up the cost of homebrew items like this. While I know there is technically nothing "illegal" with what you are doing, I do find it to be unethical. It would be one thing if you just happened to be selling a one-off item from long ago that you had and the prices when up, no, you are purposely holding on to stock of RECENT ITEMS to sell them at a much higher price for when the homebrewer sells out, and in my opinion, I think that sucks. I can't stop you, but I think it sucks.

As an open request to JF and Brian - Please LIMIT sales to maybe 2 per person so that you don't have guys like this buying 10 or 20, waiting for you to be "out of stock" on them, and then pushing them out to eBay at a crazy inflated price for their own personal benefit. By limiting sales per person you'll have more stock that you can sell to more people, spreading the fun even wider, and all those customers know that the full profit goes to YOU. The people who deserve it the most!

Another idea would try to raise enough money so there can be a constant stream of availability so that there isn't a way for someone else to steal the profits of your hard work.

You could also put some units on eBay yourself with a Buy it Now at the same price you'll sell them for on your website to help regulate the price so it doesn't artificially sky rocket.

Really, I just want to see the homebrew developers reap the rewards of their work, not some sleazy eBay flipper. That's all. Thanks for listening.

/end rant

It's hard to have sympathy for the stupid, lazy, impulsive buyers on ebay who overpay because they can't be bothered to do a 5 second google search which would reveal most of these items available for sale on AA or Collectorvision new for original prices. If they want to pay 4-5X the price for a cart, it's not the sellers fault. No one is forcing them to get into an insane bidding war over a game they could buy elsewhere for $30-40 new.

• Like 1

It's hard to have sympathy for the stupid, lazy, impulsive buyers on ebay who overpay because they can't be bothered to do a 5 second google search which would reveal most of these items available for sale on AA or Collectorvision new for original prices. If they want to pay 4-5X the price for a cart, it's not the sellers fault. No one is forcing them to get into an insane bidding war over a game they could buy elsewhere for $30-40 new.

Yeah but buying up and hoarding a bunch of anything just to sell it at premium prices later when people can't get the product is pretty lame.

• Like 2

I'm not disagreeing with you on most of your points. But it *IS* the sellers fault when they are listing items with a Buy-It-Now well over the original value that puts that profit in the seller's pocket and not in the homebrewer where it belongs. Case in point, Albert could have sold those last 50 SGM's for $100 bucks more if he wanted to, but he's not a sleazy douchebag, so he didn't. I don't really have a problem when someone lists an item at "auction" and then the public decides how much that price can sky rocket to.

My issue comes when certain *cough* "resellers" *cough* will purposely buy a stock of any time, sit on them, and wait for it to be out of stock from the homebrew developer, and then sell it at an inflated price.

And yes, I get the whole "supply and demand" thing and yes I know that what they are doing isn't technically wrong and there isn't anything you can do to stop them, it's just disappointing, that's all. I personally would love to see those homebrew developers get the rewards of all that extra money because it is their own time, money, and effort that went into it, and it just sucks to see someone else take advantage of that.

I'm hoping in the case of this system, it sells well enough for CollectorVision to always have a constant supply and you don't see a $200 system selling for $499 on eBay two years later and someone else other than CollectorVision profiting off their work.

• Like 2

A reseller in europe might not be a bad idea. There might be some savings with shipping and other fees.

I don't think people in Europe would save money by doing this

Shipping, customs would probably be very expensive anyway

The good news is there's someone in Europe developping a new CV system in case people in Europe want to save money

I don't think people in Europe would save money by doing this

Shipping, customs would probably be very expensive anyway

You can ship a 2 pound package from the US to the UK First Class for about $25. IMO that is not that expensive considering the item you are buying.

I put together a "fan-made" video in support of the CollectorVision Phoenix system:

Details and order information: http://collectorvisionphoenix.com

I would LOVE to see this project get the support and funding it needs, so it would be great to see people share this on their social media! Here's the link to the YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXD8piieqo

And I also put a version on Facebook that is easy to share to your personal page, any RetroGaming pages you may follow or any other group you think would be interested! Click this link and SHARE: https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan/videos/2133041853586227/

Any support we can give CollectorVision to make sure this system becomes a reality is well worth it, IMO!

• Like 5