IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

I asked this on Facebook, but think it got overlooked. For the $300 early access tier on Kickstarter, does that include the boxed copy of Sydney Hunter?

Hi Bill,

Sorry about the late reply. i was trying to get a few logistics worked out. The Early Access does not include the CIB of Sydney Hunter. If you want to upgrade to the CIB you can order the upgrade on my store.

https://colecovisionupgradesandsales.ecwid.com/#!/CollectorVision-Phoenix-Early-Access/c/30667389/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

The reason for the higher cost on the Early access is that we are going to make those systems regardless of whether the kickstarter is funded. If the kickstarter isn't funded we will need the extra money to cover the extra costs of the much lower quantity order.

If the Kickstarter is funded, we will try and see what we can do to provide something a little something extra for the early access supporters (no promises)

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

Sorry about the late reply. i was trying to get a few logistics worked out. The Early Access does not include the CIB of Sydney Hunter. If you want to upgrade to the CIB you can order the upgrade on my store.

https://colecovisionupgradesandsales.ecwid.com/#!/CollectorVision-Phoenix-Early-Access/c/30667389/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

The reason for the higher cost on the Early access is that we are going to make those systems regardless of whether the kickstarter is funded. If the kickstarter isn't funded we will need the extra money to cover the extra costs of the much lower quantity order.

If the Kickstarter is funded, we will try and see what we can do to provide something a little something extra for the early access supporters (no promises)

Thanks. My only concern with not doing the early access via the Kickstarter is that they're not contributing to your goal.

Does that also apply to those who pledge for Early Access on the Kickstarter, i.e. that if the Kickstarter fails they will still get a Phoenix unit (albeit without an injection molded case but likely a 3D printed case)?

Does that also apply to those who pledge for Early Access on the Kickstarter, i.e. that if the Kickstarter fails they will still get a Phoenix unit (albeit without an injection molded case but likely a 3D printed case)?

If the kickstarter isn't funded. Those who did early access would have to go back and re-order through the original webstore link as the Kickstarter orders would all be cancelled.

• Like 1

Yeah, looks like you reached 10% in 2 days, but momentum will probably be at its height NOW. Probably need to generate more interest for this to get the remaining 90%

Yeah the 30 days is a bit steep. For instance, if I were to back this project I can't do it for the next two months due to expenses so i'm out right away.

• Like 1

If you haven't done early access yet, then yes do it through kickstarter. You can add an extra pledge of $25 to upgrade to the CIB version.

I was thinking you were referring to those who had already done the early access prior to kickstarter.

Thanks,

Brian

Does a CIB copy come with the Ultimate Collectorvision Phoenix?

Pat and Ian seem to follow Atariage a bit. I'd contact them as well. They seem to have a fairly large audience who might not know about this.

From my Retro Games Fan page I tweeted out to Metal Jesus Rocks, Pat & Ian, and a few others yesterday morning about the console. Hopefully that helped drive awareness to some of those bigger gaming bloggers.

• Like 1

For those of you who would like to see a demo of the CollectorVision Phoenix, I was happy to receive a prototype version today to produce some videos with! More than happy to help these guys spread the good word about this console!

Back the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso/

Here is the link to this video on Facebook. Please share this video on Facebook with as many Retrogaming pages or groups as you know to help spread the word about the Kickstarter! It's going to need as much word of mouth as it can get!

https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan/videos/337429840345689/

• Like 12