IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

Here's what you would need if you want to plug your Colecovision console on a HDMI monitor & also have similar results to the CollectorVision Phoenix Console (Note, it still doesn't make your console 100% reliable!)

What you would need:

F18A = $86 + shipping + installation
ColUSB = $40 + shipping
SuperGame Module = $100 + shipping
Atarimax SD Cartridge = $130+ shipping

Total cost: $356

Phoenix Console cost: $199 + shipping

The choice is obvious!

Pre order yours now!
https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-phoenix/

• Like 1

... and that doesn't include the need for the colecovision (and costs if you need to buy one if yours dies or you dont have it anymore) and your price doesn't include the value of the new pack-in game either, nor those who come pre-loaded!!

There's no doubt there is great value here. My original point of contention was the need to include the SGM support was preventing the price from being as low as possible (important for some who just want to play their old carts). But there are two very good reasons why the SGM is such an important add-on:

- so many new Colecovision release use the SGM, thus allowing us to expand our collection

- there has recently been many SGM games made freely available by other devs (thanks for the Chrismas present team Pixelboy!)

For myself and a few others I spoke with, it's not about value, just affordability. I think at this stage, those who are interested, will just have to find the funds ;)

two Questions:

1 - I've seen some of the adverts for the phoenix state "10+ games" while others state "includes 10 games" (I might have even read somewhere 20 titles included). Can you clarify? Are there other unannounced titles to be included or was this just a revision in licensing means we get 10? I don't really care, just appreciate the confirmation, 10 or 10+, doesn't factor in my decision to support you guys, just good to get clarity.

2 - In the intellivision club thread, it stated the games listed were a combination of intelivision and Colecovision collectorvision releases. I don't recall reading this in the coleco club (though I may have missed this). Is this the same for the colecovision club membership? ie: are the included access to the roms a combination of colecovision and intellivision roms? or does the intellivision club only include part of the collectorvision colecovision roms?

thanks,

p.s. Phoenix is now pre-ordered!

Edited by Loafer
  • Like 1

... and that doesn't include the need for the colecovision (and costs if you need to buy one if yours dies or you dont have it anymore) and your price doesn't include the value of the new pack-in game either, nor those who come pre-loaded!!

There's no doubt there is great value here. My original point of contention was the need to include the SGM support was preventing the price from being as low as possible (important for some who just want to play their old carts). But there are two very good reasons why the SGM is such an important add-on:

- so many new Colecovision release use the SGM, thus allowing us to expand our collection

- there has recently been many SGM games made freely available by other devs (thanks for the Chrismas present team Pixelboy!)

For myself and a few others I spoke with, it's not about value, just affordability. I think at this stage, those who are interested, will just have to find the funds ;)

two Questions:

1 - I've seen some of the adverts for the phoenix state "10+ games" while others state "includes 10 games" (I might have even read somewhere 20 titles included). Can you clarify? Are there other unannounced titles to be included or was this just a revision in licensing means we get 10? I don't really care, just appreciate the confirmation, 10 or 10+, doesn't factor in my decision to support you guys, just good to get clarity.

2 - In the intellivision club thread, it stated the games listed were a combination of intelivision and Colecovision collectorvision releases. I don't recall reading this in the coleco club (though I may have missed this). Is this the same for the colecovision club membership? ie: are the included access to the roms a combination of colecovision and intellivision roms? or does the intellivision club only include part of the collectorvision colecovision roms?

thanks,

p.s. Phoenix is now pre-ordered!

Here's the (confirmed) built-in games included (see attached pic)

The Intellivision Club doesn't have the same game as the CV Club,

INtv game for Intellivision club, CV game for the ColecoVision Club

Also, the goodies won't be exactly the same as well

post-11933-0-37939200-1546985468_thumb.png

• Like 2

That image reminds me of those Coleco puffy stickers from 30+ years ago... ;) :D

I'm also noting the "AND MORE TO COME!" at the bottom... Is there more to come?

Yep, you're right, I used the puffy stickers as kind of a template for the image I did

Yes, we might add more built-in games, it is just not 100% official yet

No it is not the same pinout as the original. The expansion port provides +5V, +3.3V, GND and 21 FPGA IO pin access. This allows us to use the expansion port for many different options.

I think this question was answered, but the original colecovision Expansion module 1 will work with the Phoenix, correct?

I think this question was answered, but the original colecovision Expansion module 1 will work with the Phoenix, correct?

No, the EM #1 Atari Adapter not work with the Phoenix.

Now the good news, an Atari 2600 core comes built-in which means you can play 2600 rom images loaded via the SD Drive.

That's right

We're also going to make a Atari2600 Cartridge Adapter for the Phoenix if there's enough interests

I think the form factor of the adaptor could be a factor. If it sticks out too much from the Phoenix's cartridge port and the adaptor + 2600 cart looks like an ugly tower, some potential buyers may be turned off by it.

Just my two cents. :)

I guess its cheaper to use the Atari 2600 cartridge adapter instead of making a expansion module #1 Atari 2600 product that would plug into the units expansion module interface.

Also it would be nice to have cartridge adapters for other systems besides Atari 2600.

Edited by HDTV1080P

I think the form factor of the adaptor could be a factor. If it sticks out too much from the Phoenix's cartridge port and the adaptor + 2600 cart looks like an ugly tower, some potential buyers may be turned off by it.

Not me, I'd buy one no matter what it looked like it if meant I could play the latest 2600 homebrews on the Phoenix.

• Like 3

maybe have a 90 degree bend? Adapter is L shaped.