IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

Arcade Cores Announcement!

That's right!

You're soon going to be able to play your favorites 80s arcade games with the CollectorVision Phoenix!

We're not talking about MSX or SG-1000 ports, or even ports made from scratch

We're talking about 1:1 pure arcade games!!

''Just like the arcade game'' TOTALLY makes sense now!

And on top of it?, we'll bring you those cores completely FREE!

Get yours now!

The best is yet to come! ;)

I'm pleased for everyone that's excited about this news but odd as it may sound, it's not something that excites me. As someone who enjoys the collecting and playing of physical media aspect of retro gaming, it all smacks too much of the Raspberry Pi. Apart from the Atari 2600 core, which we already get, my next choice would be a Genesis/MegaDrive core. I know I don't have to use the arcade core if I don't want to and it doesn't affect my purchase decision. I've preordered and that won't change but just wanted to put a word in for us physical media freaks. Edited by insertclevernamehere

I'm pleased for everyone that's excited about this news but odd as it may sound, it's not something that excites me. As someone who enjoys the collecting and playing of physical media aspect of retro gaming, it all smacks too much of the Raspberry Pi. Apart from the Atari 2600 core, which we already get, my next choice would be a Genesis/MegaDrive core. I know I don't have to use the arcade core if I don't want to and it doesn't affect my purchase decision. I've preordered and that won't change but just wanted to put a word in for us physical media freaks.

The CollectorVision Phoenix uses a Spartan 6 FPGA (if memory serves me) and it's not "strong" enough to do 16-bit systems like the Genesis. You'll have to purchase Analogue's Mega Sg to get your Genesis fix.

The CollectorVision Phoenix uses a Spartan 6 FPGA (if memory serves me) and it's not "strong" enough to do 16-bit systems like the Genesis. You'll have to purchase Analogue's Mega Sg to get your Genesis fix.

I wondered if 16 bit was possible. No matter. Phoenix and Omni are still my top priorities. A Genesis clone will have to wait for several more years.

.... it's not "strong" enough to do 16-bit systems like the Genesis. ...

True,

Although with 4096 colors available, the possibility to use 8 colors per scanline, there's a way to make great looking game

You're limited to 256 tiles per screen though, but still....

You don't need 16bits to make great looking fun games

:)

Arcade Cores Announcement!

That's right!

You're soon going to be able to play your favorites 80s arcade games with the CollectorVision Phoenix!

We're not talking about MSX or SG-1000 ports, or even ports made from scratch

We're talking about 1:1 pure arcade games!!

''Just like the arcade game'' TOTALLY makes sense now!

And on top of it?, we'll bring you those cores completely FREE!

Get yours now!

The best is yet to come! ;)

My paycheck can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

Not so silly, in fact I would love to see an Astrocade core! :cool:

And intellivision.... people are paying $80 for intellivision flashbacks to get the controllers (unlike the ColecoVision FB controller, they are compatible with the intellivision) and all the dead reset buttons.

• Like 2

And intellivision.... people are paying $80 for intellivision flashbacks to get the controllers (unlike the ColecoVision FB controller, they are compatible with the intellivision) and all the dead reset buttons.

They are not compatible with Intellivision but work with adapters on original systems.

Intellivision is on my checklist for sure!

I would certainly don't mind to have a cartridge adapter as well

• Like 3

Intv cart is 44 pins, so might not be possible on current Phoenix. Would awesome if it could. My dream machine is CV, Intv, and Astrocade.

For Intv SD card is ok, but not ideal as may of the good Intv homebrew games are cart only.

For Astrocade the SD card is ideal.

Do the db9 ports on Phoenix support analog input for the Astrocade controller's POT.

• Like 1

Lets not forget the 7800 people. Please won't someone think of the 7800?!

That's right!! Cart slot adapter that may work with 2600 games could work with 7800 games, so we can play the new upcoming homebrew game like Baby Pac-man and I could play my favorite 7800 game, Food Fight!

• Like 4

Intv cart is 44 pins, so might not be possible on current Phoenix. Would awesome if it could. My dream machine is CV, Intv, and Astrocade.

For Intv SD card is ok, but not ideal as may of the good Intv homebrew games are cart only.

For Astrocade the SD card is ideal.

Do the db9 ports on Phoenix support analog input for the Astrocade controller's POT.

I think the solution was to also use the aux port. Although, I'm starting to think 3 aux ports would have been a good idea with all the suggested accessories. :grin:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265958-collectorvision-game-system/?p=4115405

I love to hear about these new cores, but please be careful not to turn the system into another bog standard emulation machine.

I am excited about support for the games that are going to be new and remade again in the new console.

I am glad they are there but I cannot see myself using them too much but it seems a lot of people are looking forward to that support which I totally respect.

If we can get some cores of some systems that never made it here or were so expensive that would be amazing..

I would love to see cores for:

Astrocade

NEC Turbo Super Grafx

MSX 2+

FM Towns Marty

Halcyon

It may not be possible to do those cores but they are an example of systems that may be fun for us to play games for the first time.

• Like 1