IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

Hi CollectorVision and Team.

Thank you very much for the new Phoenix VGS.

Also the pack-in game is unbelievable.

There was some troubles in the beginning, but with one of the updates is it now better.

I was surprised that my games Penguin Adventures and Gradius now can be played properly without freezing.

But one of my other favorite game namely Roller Ball freezes when I hit the left flipper in the game.

Many games works, other do not.

But with the right updates on the way, it may only be better.

I am a satisfied customer.

?

• Thanks 1

Received my Phoenix also. Works great and frees up space in my gaming area. Roller Ball ( rom ) freezes up for me as well. Wizard of Wor ( one of my fav games) has better voice sound than my original console. They are diligently working on core updates for the fixes. Buy with confidence. Overall satisfied... please bring Phoenix arcade for the Phoenix!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ten-four said:

Hi CollectorVision and Team.

Thank you very much for the new Phoenix VGS.

Also the pack-in game is unbelievable.

There was some troubles in the beginning, but with one of the updates is it now better.

I was surprised that my games Penguin Adventures and Gradius now can be played properly without freezing.

But one of my other favorite game namely Roller Ball freezes when I hit the left flipper in the game.

Many games works, other do not.

But with the right updates on the way, it may only be better.

I am a satisfied customer.

?

Where did you find these updates?

Few more Atari Flashback portable conversions that work on Phoenix and text file of 2600 games that don't work on sd card. Feel free to add to it. Also included some flashback portable fixes for paddle, driving controller and keypad - you may have to split this into two folders.

2600 FBP working mostly.zip Phoenix nonworking 2600.txt

AFBP paddle etc.zip

45 minutes ago, Loafer said:

I just clicked on the link and it worked fine but I'm already a member.  Hold on I got an idea

does this link work better? 

https://discordapp.com/channels/583135681195278366/589171079579435019

Just tried it, out of curiosity, and all I see if the login screen. So I guess Discord works like Facebook, where you can't see much of anything unless you log on.

8 minutes ago, Tron Unit said:

Just ordered the Phoenix and did not realize it had sold out already.  I’m confused is the second run shipping out in October?

The first production run non-early access units are shipping in October. We will need to have a minimum number of pre-orders from the second batch before we can do a second production run, so it is unclear exactly when the 2nd production run will start.

I have a question and did do a search. Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to be certain. This thread is fairly long and the info has changed a bit since it was started.

My Phoenix should be here in October it looks like. Pre-ordered in January. I have a Super Game Module and I was going to pick up a modded ColecoVision but then the Phoenix happened. So I ordered the Phoenix. At that time I thought it was Super Game Module compatible. The information on the CollectorVision site states: Officially licensed Opcode SGM compatibility Built-in. Reading this thread it looks like I won't need the SGM because compatible actually means that SGM functionality is already present without needing the actual module. Is that correct and I will not need the actual SGM?

15 minutes ago, discotronic said:

I have a question and did do a search. Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to be certain. This thread is fairly long and the info has changed a bit since it was started.

My Phoenix should be here in October it looks like. Pre-ordered in January. I have a Super Game Module and I was going to pick up a modded ColecoVision but then the Phoenix happened. So I ordered the Phoenix. At that time I thought it was Super Game Module compatible. The information on the CollectorVision site states: Officially licensed Opcode SGM compatibility Built-in. Reading this thread it looks like I won't need the SGM because compatible actually means that SGM functionality is already present without needing the actual module. Is that correct and I will not need the actual SGM?

Yes, you do not need a physical sgm for the Phoenix, it has it built in.

• Like 1