IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

1 hour ago, mingus said:

I have two ColecoVisions and a Phoenix on the way and that pic has me wishing I had a flashback.  FOR NO REASON!  lol

Can't wait to get my phoenix.  Hoping the second pre-order takes off so I can order more!

-James

Hahahaha!!

I do own way too many CV systems (#hoarder) and I should not own a CV Flashback (#ivebeenfooled)
:P

25 minutes ago, lucifershalo said:

if I order a Phoenix now, am I in the second batch?

and when will be the delivery?

thanks

I believe they said they need a certain number of pre-orders to do a second run, but just order it :) it will be worth it. Thinking about ordering a second one and standard black edition instead of ADAM style.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I got my Phoenix last saturday 
Toby told me we're still on track to ship the units at the end of October 
He is working non-stop to make sure everyone in the first batch get their unit as soon as possible

Meanwhile, here is the original CV console, the CV Flashback and the Phoenix so you can compare the size 

20191022_151328.png

Your collection seems to be a little thin:

portablecolecovisionjc3.jpg

35cvjrfinal01frontmultixr8.jpg

Its ok...you're getting there.  :grin:

• Like 9

The order receipt for my Phoenix is dated Nov 8, 2018 so it'll be about a year from ordering to receiving.  That kind of wait would've been unbearable as a kid.  Luckily I'm a little more patient now.  I just have one question.  I know the possibility of an Atari2600 cartridge adapter is dependent on demand but how and when might that demand be gauged and how long a wait might there be from now to when we might get the cartridge adapter?  Ok, that's 2 questions and maybe I'm jumping ahead too soon here but it's definitely something I would love for my Phoenix.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 8:59 PM, retroillucid said:

We're constantly working on the cores 

Cores can be updated very easily 

I hate to ask a dumb question since I'm not knowledgeable on how fpga works but does the 2600 core still use stella and if so does it use a current version or is the cart adapter the only way to play newer arm based homebrews?

If the answer is the latter, how is the decision going with regard to the cart adapter coming to fruition?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

I hate to ask a dumb question since I'm not knowledgeable on how fpga works but does the 2600 core still use stella and if so does it use a current version or is the cart adapter the only way to play newer arm based homebrews?

If the answer is the latter, how is the decision going with regard to the cart adapter coming to fruition?

Stella is emulation, FPGA is not 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLeaf said:

Stella is software based while FPGA is firmware on specially designed microchips which can be theoretically 100% accurate and 100% compatible with the original console. So, in theory, you can make sd card roms 100% compatible, but you have to get the firmware to interact with the rom on the sd card 100% like a rom on a cart. This is not something that is currently universal, but progress continues to be made. I think it is really good for the ColecoVision, but has a way to go on the 2600 in last known versions for various FPGAs because the firmware has to be designed to behave like the different chip enhancements and bankswitching schemes of the cart pcb, since the sd card is not a cart pcb, it is just the rom on the cart pcb -- and the dumped ROM may be structural different on the sd card than it is on the original cart and the firmware has to be able to switch between cart types. Anyhow, a cart slot would help with a lot of this, because you wouldn't have to program the core firmware to behave like various cart pcbs and determine which one it should act like.

One thing which emulation and sd card slots on FPGA (but probably not an actual cart slot) have in common is that if a new type of cart pcb comes along, both will need to be upgraded to use the rom with the new pcb scheme.

BTW, I'm not an expert with the Harmony Encore SD Cart pcb for the 2600, so I don't know where the harware and firmware on it lies in promixity to FPGA or even if it's open source.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

Okay, and it CV Phoenix is actually better than the original CV because it takes RF unless being RGB modded and such.

Also, if I buy one from the site, what will happen because it is still a pre-order thing from the site.

You should place your order right now, they did an amazing job !

• Like 1