IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

31 minutes ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

Also, if I buy one from the site, what will happen because it is still a pre-order thing from the site.

You would be on the list for the 2nd batch 
We'll ship the 2nd batch next year (no estimated date yet) 
But, it should take less time to ship the 2nd batch since we now have all the toolings and cores already done 

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Yes, it work but you don't really need one anymore since you can put any rom files on the SD card

Okay, and I was thinking about getting the Phoenix sometime.

Also, if I use the Ultimate SD for CV games, I can use the separate sd card for it, and the other for the Atari games onto the Phoenix.

Edited by Retro_Game_Lover96
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, retroillucid said:

If you're still on the fence, then maybe you should wait till the first batch is shipped
You'll see reviews, people's reactions etc.. 

Also, we're working on a line of exclusive games for the Phoenix

Here's one I'm currently working on: (works in progress) 

Venture Super Game.png

Cutscene.png

level 1a.png

LVL1 - Wall Room.png

Level 2.png

NES VentureDX.png

Looks cool for a classic arcade game.

10 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

If you're still on the fence, then maybe you should wait till the first batch is shipped
You'll see reviews, people's reactions etc.. 

Also, we're working on a line of exclusive games for the Phoenix

Here's one I'm currently working on: (works in progress) 

NES VentureDX.png

You know, I do love the look of this upcoming update/remaster/sequel (whatever the best term is), but I have a dark secret... I ALWAYS hated the Winky sprite. It just never evoked the right look/feel to me. While I get why that should be the default sprite, I must say that I'd LOVE to see a "better" sprite that's rather more like the updated monster graphics as a selectable option (more like a traditional archer guy). I know that's not going to happen, but I just thought I'd say it. ?

4 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You know, I do love the look of this upcoming update/remaster/sequel (whatever the best term is), but I have a dark secret... I ALWAYS hated the Winky sprite. It just never evoked the right look/feel to me. While I get why that should be the default sprite, I must say that I'd LOVE to see a "better" sprite that's rather more like the updated monster graphics as a selectable option (more like a traditional archer guy). I know that's not going to happen, but I just thought I'd say it. ?

Funny cause the first time I showed a mockup of this game, there was an actual archer guy, and most people told me they prefered the original look of Winky 

I think it could be possible to have both actually, I'll keep this in mind  :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Funny cause the first time I showed a mockup of this game, there was an actual archer guy, and most people told me they prefered the original look of Winky 

It IS inconic, so I get it (and even though I've curtailed my homebrew purchases to basically nothing, I DO plan on getting this one). Doesn't mean I have to like it. ;-) 

31 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I agree 100%.  A smily face with no arms or legs and a bow and arrow just floating in the air in front of it is the ONLY thing that puts me off Venture.  I know it's arcade accurate but it's always bothered me.

34 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Ooh, yes please, yes please!

While it is awesome that the current cores support ColecoVision and Atari 2600 rom’s just like the original ColecoVision. The original ColecoVision also supported the ColecoVision ADAM Family Computer System where 100% of the 1983-1985 Super games came from. Also, the Phoenix can be special ordered with a ADAM console case. Therefore, logically the next core should be the ColecoVision ADAM Family Computer System. If I see a ADAM core then I most likely would purchase a Phoenix system.    

I was an early adopter... It works great.  I haven't yet found a coleco game that does not work.

I use the multi-cart and not the SD slot.  So, maybe they work differently via the SD card option, I have read of games that do not work, but they do for me.

I haven't really played 2600 games yet, so I cannot comment on that compatibility.

I am hoping for Intellivision and TI99/4A cores to come along :)