IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

Those of you who are here since a long time, knows we do have a very good relationship with the company we're doing buisness with for the cartridge shells

In fact, CollectorVision is providing cartridge shells for Opcode, Team Pixelboy since a couple of years now

Luc established the very good relationship we have with Sylvia at Moldex and we're very thankful for this

Sylvia is a fans of the Colecovision wich have helped us alot with being able to get low order amount

She is always willing to help us wich is a huge benefit for all of us

As you know, during the many years, we were able to provide brand new cartridge shells in various colors

This is something we also want to do with our new system

We also want to provide you brand new replacement system shell available in various colors!

post-11933-0-60734800-1496280517.png

post-11933-0-25596400-1496280518.png

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 8

Your system is starting to look really amazing! I love the cart shell colors too!

Can MSX2 support be included or is it just too different of a beast to add?

I ask because some of the great games are on MSX2 and I think a lot of people would love to play the Metal Gear Series on the hardware.

It would also be an interesting difference between this system and the Opcode one that I think a lot of people may appreciate.

In any case thank you for all of your hard work, it looks great!

• Like 1

The system will already support a PS/2 keyboard directly on the board.

So it will support ADAM software? If so, this piques my interest even further.

EDIT: I mean including the various productivity software packages and programming languages.

Edited by Inky

• 2 months later...

The current fpga implementations of msx computers support msx2 and msx2+, so porting that code to this project should be doable provided that this system has enough cells

In my opinion, supporting MSX2 and MSX2+ would be cool, but it only makes sense if Konami's SCC sound chip is also supported via the FPGA. Otherwise all the really desirable Konami games like Metal Gear, Parodius and Space Manbow will remain out of reach.

• Like 2

The plan is to only have one cartridge slot for colecovision. The other systems will play games off of the sdcard.

I don't think we are planning to have compatibility for MSX2 due to the lack of RAM. I believe it needs at least 8MB of RAM and we are only planning on using a 4Mbit(512x8) SRAM on the board to keep the costs down.

The plan is to only have one cartridge slot for colecovision. The other systems will play games off of the sdcard.

I don't think we are planning to have compatibility for MSX2 due to the lack of RAM. I believe it needs at least 8MB of RAM and we are only planning on using a 4Mbit(512x8) SRAM on the board to keep the costs down.

8MB of ram to do what exactly? MSX2 needs 128KB of VRAM and 64KB or 128KB of RAM

I don't think we are planning to have compatibility for MSX2 due to the lack of RAM. ...

I understand your position but for the record I would gladly pay more for MSX2 as those games are some of the best ones on the system. Many of the MSX 1 games have been ported over to Coleco already and I would imagine I may not be the only one willing to pay more as well. In any case whatever your decision is I am going to support it and get one as I would love a stable Colecovision platform and would love to play the games, that cannot be put on carts, on a system. Thank you for all of your great work and I am looking forward to seeing your system do its thing.

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 2

What about routing all the lines needed by all the platforms to a generic connector and provide separate slot adapters to be plugged in the common connector?

• 1 month later...

The only major issue I do not like about this product, is there is no expansion port for Expansion module #1 Atari 2600 adapter, Expansion Module #3 for the ADAM computer, and the expansion port is used for OPCODE’s Supergame module. The expansion port on the front of the ColecoVision is really important.

However there are some really awesome positive features of this 21st Century ColecoVision compatible videogame system. Offering native HDMI, RGB, VGA, and legacy composite video is great. Offering both a ColecoVision cartridge slot and a SD card slot is another positive. Videogames can be distributed on secure SD cards and there is no need to own a ATARIMAX Ultimate SD Wafer Drive (also called Ultimate SD cartridge). Including the SD card reader built in is a $130+ cost savings for the consumer. Most likely consumers will be able to download firmware updates to a SD card on a PC and then insert the SD card in this new product and the firmware will be updated instantly. The ability to play Atari 2600, Sega Master System, and MSX games from the SD drive is another positive feature and smart decision. This circuit board is using surface mount components that have the potential to make the system very reliable.

If it just had the expansion port in the front then I would not need my original 1982 ColecoVision anymore.

Edited by HDTV1080P
  • Like 1

The only major issue I do not like about this product, is there is no expansion port for Expansion module #1 Atari 2600 adapter, Expansion Module #3 for the ADAM computer, and the expansion port is used for OPCODE’s Supergame module. The expansion port on the front of the ColecoVision is really important.

You don't need the Module #1 Atari2600 Adapter since it's already built-in the console (via SD card)

You can play any VCS roms via the SD card

I may understand your needs to have the Expansion port, but it won't be featured in this project

• Like 1

You don't need the Module #1 Atari2600 Adapter since it's already built-in the console (via SD card)

You can play any VCS roms via the SD card

I may understand your needs to have the Expansion port, but it won't be featured in this project

The only reason the Expansion Module #1 Atari 2600 adapter is nice, is because one can play their original ATARI 2600 cartridges instead of downloading the rom images to a SD card. This SD drive in your game console is like having a Harmony Encore SD cartridge built in. That is another savings of $84.99+ on top of the savings of $130+ for an ATARIMAX Ultimate SD Wafer Drive.

On the positive side I think you created something very special and unique. Most people can get over the expansion module interface not included for the SGM and ADAM computer (Its two bad the SGM cannot be emulated in software).

What is very unique about your product besides having a HDMI output and real ColecoVision cartridge slot. Is the fact that one can play ATARI 2600, Sega Master System, and MSX games on the SD drive. I wonder if a future firmware update will offer support for other 8 bit videogame systems like the ATARI 5200, or IntelliVision? If there is a PS/2 jack or USB jack on your product one could add a low cost Windows keyboard for $5. Then maybe one day even the ADAM computer software could possibly be emulated. Many of the games being created for the ColecoVision/ADAM Supergame module will run on a ADAM computer without needing a Supergmae module. The Supergame module is only needed for games that have advanced sound capabilities.

This coming soon future product of yours has the potential to be very popular, since it can be marketed to the Sega Master System collectors, Atari 2600, and other 8 bit videogame system collectors. Of course it is ideal for existing and future ColecoVision owners since you can plug in actual ColecoVision cartridges.

Edited by HDTV1080P

• 2 weeks later...