Jump to content
retroillucid

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

Recommended Posts

I asked this on Facebook, but think it got overlooked. For the $300 early access tier on Kickstarter, does that include the boxed copy of Sydney Hunter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked this on Facebook, but think it got overlooked. For the $300 early access tier on Kickstarter, does that include the boxed copy of Sydney Hunter?

Hi Bill,

 

Sorry about the late reply. i was trying to get a few logistics worked out. The Early Access does not include the CIB of Sydney Hunter. If you want to upgrade to the CIB you can order the upgrade on my store.

 

https://colecovisionupgradesandsales.ecwid.com/#!/CollectorVision-Phoenix-Early-Access/c/30667389/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

 

The reason for the higher cost on the Early access is that we are going to make those systems regardless of whether the kickstarter is funded. If the kickstarter isn't funded we will need the extra money to cover the extra costs of the much lower quantity order.

 

If the Kickstarter is funded, we will try and see what we can do to provide something a little something extra for the early access supporters (no promises)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bill,

 

Sorry about the late reply. i was trying to get a few logistics worked out. The Early Access does not include the CIB of Sydney Hunter. If you want to upgrade to the CIB you can order the upgrade on my store.

 

https://colecovisionupgradesandsales.ecwid.com/#!/CollectorVision-Phoenix-Early-Access/c/30667389/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

 

The reason for the higher cost on the Early access is that we are going to make those systems regardless of whether the kickstarter is funded. If the kickstarter isn't funded we will need the extra money to cover the extra costs of the much lower quantity order.

 

If the Kickstarter is funded, we will try and see what we can do to provide something a little something extra for the early access supporters (no promises)

Thanks. My only concern with not doing the early access via the Kickstarter is that they're not contributing to your goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't done early access yet, then yes do it through kickstarter. You can add an extra pledge of $25 to upgrade to the CIB version.

 

I was thinking you were referring to those who had already done the early access prior to kickstarter.

 

Thanks,
Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason for the higher cost on the Early access is that we are going to make those systems regardless of whether the kickstarter is funded. If the kickstarter isn't funded we will need the extra money to cover the extra costs of the much lower quantity order.

 

Does that also apply to those who pledge for Early Access on the Kickstarter, i.e. that if the Kickstarter fails they will still get a Phoenix unit (albeit without an injection molded case but likely a 3D printed case)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Does that also apply to those who pledge for Early Access on the Kickstarter, i.e. that if the Kickstarter fails they will still get a Phoenix unit (albeit without an injection molded case but likely a 3D printed case)?

If the kickstarter isn't funded. Those who did early access would have to go back and re-order through the original webstore link as the Kickstarter orders would all be cancelled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just backed the Kickstarter. Posted it on The Intellivisionaries Podcast Facebook page, and will mention it on the next episode as well. Good luck, guys!

 

 

 

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this gets funded, but hitting that $230K goal is going to be very difficult. You would also do well contacting some of the big youtube gamer channels like Metal Jesus Rocks and John Hancock to get the word out. Bob from RetroRGB would also be another good person to help get the word out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, looks like you reached 10% in 2 days, but momentum will probably be at its height NOW. Probably need to generate more interest for this to get the remaining 90% in 30 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, looks like you reached 10% in 2 days, but momentum will probably be at its height NOW. Probably need to generate more interest for this to get the remaining 90%

 

Yeah the 30 days is a bit steep. For instance, if I were to back this project I can't do it for the next two months due to expenses so i'm out right away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't done early access yet, then yes do it through kickstarter. You can add an extra pledge of $25 to upgrade to the CIB version.

 

I was thinking you were referring to those who had already done the early access prior to kickstarter.

 

Thanks,

Brian

Does a CIB copy come with the Ultimate Collectorvision Phoenix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does a CIB copy come with the Ultimate Collectorvision Phoenix?

It isn't mentioned in the kickstarter, but we will include the CIB with the Ultimate CollectorVision Phoenix. The early access will need to pay additional $25 to upgrade to the CIB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't mentioned in the kickstarter, but we will include the CIB with the Ultimate CollectorVision Phoenix. The early access will need to pay additional $25 to upgrade to the CIB.

.

 

Can we have all the bigwigs sign our CIB box if we get the UCP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

 

Can we have all the bigwigs sign our CIB box if we get the UCP?

Yes the CollectorVision Team can sign the Sydney Hunter CoD Box for the UCP backers if they want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat and Ian seem to follow Atariage a bit. I'd contact them as well. They seem to have a fairly large audience who might not know about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat and Ian seem to follow Atariage a bit. I'd contact them as well. They seem to have a fairly large audience who might not know about this.

We did have the chance to talk with Pat and show off the system at Game On Expo in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat and Ian seem to follow Atariage a bit. I'd contact them as well. They seem to have a fairly large audience who might not know about this.

 

From my Retro Games Fan page I tweeted out to Metal Jesus Rocks, Pat & Ian, and a few others yesterday morning about the console. Hopefully that helped drive awareness to some of those bigger gaming bloggers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who would like to see a demo of the CollectorVision Phoenix, I was happy to receive a prototype version today to produce some videos with! More than happy to help these guys spread the good word about this console!

 

 

Back the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso/

 

Here is the link to this video on Facebook. Please share this video on Facebook with as many Retrogaming pages or groups as you know to help spread the word about the Kickstarter! It's going to need as much word of mouth as it can get!

https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan/videos/337429840345689/

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be backing this. My Colecovision is getting on in years and it could use a replacement. I also see no reason to keep my current SGM adapter if I invest in this new console.

 

Edit: Found the answer to my question.

Edited by ColecoGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...