Jump to content
retroillucid

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TPR said:

This was posted four days ago only one page back....

Please... PLEASE try reading the thread next time so CollectorVision isn't answering the same questions over and over, and we as readers don't have to see the same questions asked over and over.

 

Thank you.

I was expecting shipping notification. I work in logistics so I'm hard wired that way. Bmack36 from Collectorvision just explained why notifications aren't being sent.

 

I've been reading the thead daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TPR said:

This was posted four days ago only one page back....

Please... PLEASE try reading the thread next time so CollectorVision isn't answering the same questions over and over, and we as readers don't have to see the same questions asked over and over.

 

Thank you.

To be fair, if shipping notifications were being sent, this would greatly reduce the number of people wondering if/when theirs shipped and conversely how many people post here asking. In this day and age, people pretty much expect those notices.

 

Plus with a seemingly uptick in porch package thefts these days (there have been a rash in my city this week alone - granted it seems to be the same person involved in all of them, it's still a real issue and will inevitably get worse the more the holiday season goes on), it's very helpful to know when things like this will arrive. For example, originally usps had mine scheduled for tomorrow. Which would be fine, I'll be around tomorrow when the carrier delivers it and it won't sit on the porch. But now this morning the tracking changed to show it will be delivered today. I won't be around today when the carrier does his route, so I can have my neighbor grab it for me so it's not sitting in front of my house today tempting someone to steal it. Without a tracking number I wouldn't have been able to do that. And not everyone has the ability or knows how to find the tracking number without a notification like I did. 

 

Now, from CollectorVisions point of view, I get why they aren't sending them. They are just trying to get everything out the door as quickly as possible. And stopping to send out a tracking number for every package takes time and manpower that would slow things down. But the risk is you are now going to have people wondering either publicly or through their contact methods asking if/when theirs shipped. Which in the end still causes slowdowns.

 

Looking at both sides there are pros/cons to each approach. Like everything in life you just have to weigh the risks out and decide which is going to be the best path.

 

In this case the path to blindly ship things was chosen. So it's going to understandably generate questions. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick3092 said:

To be fair, if shipping notifications were being sent, this would greatly reduce the number of people wondering if/when theirs shipped and conversely how many people post here asking. In this day and age, people pretty much expect those notices.

 

Plus with a seemingly uptick in porch package thefts these days (there have been a rash in my city this week alone - granted it seems to be the same person involved in all of them, it's still a real issue and will inevitably get worse the more the holiday season goes on), it's very helpful to know when things like this will arrive. For example, originally usps had mine scheduled for tomorrow. Which would be fine, I'll be around tomorrow when the carrier delivers it and it won't sit on the porch. But now this morning the tracking changed to show it will be delivered today. I won't be around today when the carrier does his route, so I can have my neighbor grab it for me so it's not sitting in front of my house today tempting someone to steal it. Without a tracking number I wouldn't have been able to do that. And not everyone has the ability or knows how to find the tracking number without a notification like I did. 

 

Now, from CollectorVisions point of view, I get why they aren't sending them. They are just trying to get everything out the door as quickly as possible. And stopping to send out a tracking number for every package takes time and manpower that would slow things down. But the risk is you are now going to have people wondering either publicly or through their contact methods asking if/when theirs shipped. Which in the end still causes slowdowns.

 

Looking at both sides there are pros/cons to each approach. Like everything in life you just have to weigh the risks out and decide which is going to be the best path.

 

In this case the path to blindly ship things was chosen. So it's going to understandably generate questions. 

 

 

Didn't someone say USPS has a service to monitor all packages scanned? Is this a free service or is there a subscription fee?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bmack36 said:

1. Can you attach a picture of the top of your system? The doors were redesigned and the new doors shouldn't have that issue.

2. Armageddon is a roller controller game, but I thought it worked with a standard cv controller

3. The Atari 2600 core and the CV core have different menus, so you can't load the atari games from the cv menu and vice versa.

Atari 2600 core menu:

2019032612002481.thumb.png.141cb0ff4ccd952c4d8f7b84640d2fa3.png

 

Colecovision Core menu:

image.png.86220f5ffc5a1a500909f0129a6ea6a2.png

 

See below for photo of my Phoenix re cartridge slot issue.

The above atari2600 core menu was the one I got the first two times.  However, I had no idea how to move on from there.  There's no info in the Phoenix manual.  I tried a couple of things and just got a black screen.  The third time, perhaps I somehow accidentally went into the default core or something but I got the file name of my atari roms on my sd card.  Perhaps the only reason why the roms didn't work was because I was in the wrong core and I don't have to do what Atariboy suggests.  What I do need to know however, is how I proceed once the Atari core menu is up? Do I select boot, select, load rom, start?  All of those sound like they might be right but surely only one of them is correct.  And what do they all do?  Some instructions would be very useful.  Thanks.

CEFCB397-35F5-44F6-B839-70FE75F68B21.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

See below for photo of my Phoenix re cartridge slot issue.

The above atari2600 core menu was the one I got the first two times.  However, I had no idea how to move on from there.  There's no info in the Phoenix manual.  I tried a couple of things and just got a black screen.  The third time, perhaps I somehow accidentally went into the default core or something but I got the file name of my atari roms on my sd card.  Perhaps the only reason why the roms didn't work was because I was in the wrong core and I don't have to do what Atariboy suggests.  What I do need to know however, is how I proceed once the Atari core menu is up? Do I select boot, select, load rom, start?  All of those sound like they might be right but surely only one of them is correct.  And what do they all do?  Some instructions would be very useful.  Thanks.

 

The 2600 only plays roms, so you have to load the rom first using the load rom.

We are in the process of putting together some more information for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Swami said:

Didn't someone say USPS has a service to monitor all packages scanned? Is this a free service or is there a subscription fee?

Yes sign up for free with UPS and then download the app.  Just an FYI its hit or miss sometimes and does not always alert you that something is on the way.  Works better tracking and alerting once you enter tracking information, so this may not be the solution.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TPR said:

This was posted four days ago only one page back....

Please... PLEASE try reading the thread next time so CollectorVision isn't answering the same questions over and over, and we as readers don't have to see the same questions asked over and over.

 

Thank you.

 

2 hours ago, nick3092 said:

To be fair, if shipping notifications were being sent, this would greatly reduce the number of people wondering if/when theirs shipped and conversely how many people post here asking. In this day and age, people pretty much expect those notices.

You'd have a point if weeks had gone by.  We're talking about four days here.  Clearly he wasn't actually reading the thread because his question was a general inquiry about shipping, which was already answered a few posts before his.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TPR said:

 

You'd have a point if weeks had gone by.  We're talking about four days here.  Clearly he wasn't actually reading the thread because his question was a general inquiry about shipping, which was already answered a few posts before his.  

Brian understood my post. His response answered my question. 

Edited by Oldschool80skid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Brian understood my post. 

And as a moderator of this forum, I hope you would also understand mine. It shouldn't be too much to ask for people to READ THE THREADS before they ask questions that have already been recently answered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see the 1st run purchasers now beginning to receive their systems. I went the early access route, so I've had my Phoenix since August. I've played it nearly every day since receiving it. I absolutely love what Collectorvision have done with the Phoenix! No more old finicky Colecovision hardware!

 

I hope everyone enjoys their Phoenix as much as I've enjoyed mine thus far. Looking forward to more cores being added, the 2600 cartridge adapter, new controllers, new/exclusive games, etc!

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swami said:

Didn't someone say USPS has a service to monitor all packages scanned? Is this a free service or is there a subscription fee?

Yes, it's called Informed Delivery. They send you an email every morning telling you what's coming in the mail that day. If there are tracking numbers, you may get several days warning of when a package will arrive even if you don't have the tracking number. There is no charge. You just have to sign up for it on the USPS web page.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look what was on my doorstep today.  I haven't fired these up yet (that's for later with some beer) but just looking them over, the Phoenix units look and feel high quality and cosmetically I love them.  Also, Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death is an outstanding pack-in game and is complete in box with its own full colour instruction manual.  Each unit came complete with power supply, HDMI cable, Phoenix manual, Phoenix micro SD card and CIB Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death.  My impression so far is that this is an outstanding product.  Looking forward to the ADAM core for my ADAM Phoenix 😜

 

I'll report back after some play testing.

 

DSC03438.thumb.JPG.0535095bdf3c29d58b053e558cfe08e2.JPG DSC03439.thumb.JPG.ea600c248423b032f6df692afbe6fee4.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Look what was on my doorstep today.  I haven't fired these up yet (that's for later with some beer) but just looking them over, the Phoenix units look and feel high quality and cosmetically I love them.  Also, Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death is an outstanding pack-in game and is complete in box with its own full colour instruction manual.  Each unit came complete with power supply, HDMI cable, Phoenix manual, Phoenix micro SD card and CIB Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death.  My impression so far is that this is an outstanding product.  Looking forward to the ADAM core for my ADAM Phoenix 😜

 

I'll report back after some play testing.

 

 

FYI to others. The CIB version cost extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Are these shipping from Montreal?

 

I have a package showing delivered from USPS that came from Montreal. 

Yes. CollectorVision is like half in Montreal and half in Arizona, or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

Yes. CollectorVision is like half in Montreal and half in Arizona, or something.

Yep, it's right on their website.... 

 

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 2.34.42 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bmack36 said:

In order to get the systems out as fast as possible notifications are not being sent out as the systems are shipping.

My wife was home today and just confirmed delivery of a package from Collectorvision. I wanted to thank you and your team for producing and delivering a modern Colecovision to this niche community. 

Edited by Oldschool80skid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

So I seem to be having a sound issue. This happens with my I own hdmi cable and the supplied one. Any ideas what the problem is?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...