IGNORED

Ebay buyer "accidentally" bid on something.

Flojomojo

OMG dude. Just cancil the auction and do a new one. He changed his mind. Life goes on. (and remember he can leave negative feedback to you regardless but you can't to him).

I don't think he gets to leave feedback if he's a non-paying bidder. I want him to eat the strike and get kicked off if he's done this before. There's no such thing as "accidental" bidding on eBay, it's not as if he was waving to a friend at Sotheby's.
  • Like 4

as much as I bitch about the USPS, 80% of the time they actually deliver my ebay and amazon package a day early, 5% on time, 5% a day late, I actually sat down and ran the numbers over the last year from when I moved into my new house, counting incoming and outgoing of everything I have bought or sold (its all in paypal anyway heh)

and its not like I send a package 2 times a year, my mail man actively fusses at me cause of the volume of in and out, but he is a dipshit

unlike UPS or FUEDX which takes over a week to make a package move 2 hours away from me... I usually add a couple days "handling" anyway so when it shows up 3 days early from ebay's generous estimate (like really a week to go from Louisville to Nashville?) and its been delayed twice, nbd

I'll give you that, you are right. But even you said 5% of the time it's late...and that's under I imagine standard weather/normal mailing conditions. You get some weird air traffic problems, bad weather, etc that can back up stuff a day. Unless ebay is allowing for this, that 5% that goes late could go higher. It's still playing a gamble every time you're not that 5 or more percent or it comes out of your wallet, perhaps even losing the item on top of it. It just seems unacceptable to me.

I do like that suggestion. Lie about the shipping, call it parcel post, then ship it first class mail or priority. I think I may just start doing that, along with one I had been procrastinating about by forcing all BIN buyers to pay immediately as I'm getting fed up with me being used as a layaway service or just being straight ignored wasting like 2 weeks in a case process.

• Like 1

I think I may just start doing that, along with one I had been procrastinating about by forcing all BIN buyers to pay immediately as I'm getting fed up with me being used as a layaway service or just being straight ignored wasting like 2 weeks in a case process.

Weed out the riff raff, it makes ebay much better to use. I highly suggest using the rules as well such as block buyers who have 2 unpaid item strikes and such.

• Like 2

I haven't read this whole thread, but I will tell you that I have not "bid" by mistake I have hit "buy it now" and accidently paid.

I routinely search "atari" on ebay when I have a couple minutes to see what may have been newly listed. I ran out of time and shoved my phone back in my pocked. I literally ass-purchased and 1-click paid for an overpriced($200) Atari 2600 with a few commons.

It does happen, I would say it's rare, but it does.

Edited by atari181

Weed out the riff raff, it makes ebay much better to use. I highly suggest using the rules as well such as block buyers who have 2 unpaid item strikes and such.

Oh trust me, on the other stuff I have. I went in and custom tailored everything to the minimum (of which I thought it was 1 unpaid strike was a 6mo ban, not 2.) Anything that gets a buyer in trouble for some abuse they have listed on that custom panel I've put to the most strict.

In the coming day or two I intend to at the minimum shovel up a good pile of a dozen plus games, some manga sets, and other stuff I've taken pictures of and photoshopped to go. I may even try and shove my Dreamcast stuff up there as well since they have a free 500 going until the 2nd I think.

I had in the last run I did 2 weeks ago one dip who bought, then whined for me to retract a sale on a paid or DSgames/accessories...and then a deadbeat who never paid even through an escalated case to get a fee. I'm sick of it. I'm not in business to flip stuff really much at all, mostly I've decided I really want to cut back what's here and I want the crap gone but yet I refuse to just give it away with 1cent listings so trolls can turn around and flip it or profit either off my work and expense of time, supplies, fees, etc.

• 1 month later...

I am constantly worried about accidentally buying something on ebay.

Not saying this incident was necessarily an accident but it could easily happen.

Having my phone in my pocket it has drafted dozens of emails even added attachments.

On the 4th of july my leg was trying to post pictures of my daughter at the parade to a landfill company on Google maps....wtf!

To buy on eBay it's 2 easy clicks....honestly don't know how my leg hasn't bought all kinds of shit :D haha

Haha, yep...I use front pocket for phone.

God only knows what my butt would buy!

Hmmmm.....maybe I can use this as an excuse to the wife for ebay purchases....honey I have to pay for that cib xman after my leg bought it...Rules is rules haha ^^

What irritates me as a buyer is when I spend half an hour finding the perfect item and then when I go to buy it I get a message that the seller won't ship to PO boxes. Then I have to go fine another item and hope that seller will ship to me. Another thing that irritates me is when they demand my phone number. This is order by mail folks. You don't need my phone number to mail a package at the post office! What are you going to do, call me to say the package is on the way?

• Like 1

That does seem pretty stupid. Why is it a problem to mail to a PO Box? If anything it's MORE secure since it won't usually fit in those tiny boxes meaning you have to stand there, get it, have it scanned to prove you received it (cutting out the I didn't get it scammers), and you're done. And I see no reason ever to give a phone number, that's private. Screw anyone asking that.

How did this turn out for the OP? Some people it seems have buyer's remorse, and they like to play the, 'I bid by accident' card to weasle their way out of paying for the item.

That was me. I had to wait out EBay's "give them a chance to respond" periods, then they credited my seller fees back to me. Since there was effectively no transaction, I didn't get a chance to leave negative feedback, which makes me question the usefulness of these ratings. They made more sense when eBay exercised less control. The buyer still has 100% positive feedback since joining eBay in December 2016.

I was perfectly polite to the dummy on the other end, so as not to give him/her anything to complain about or retaliate against.

I've also blocked the buyer from any future transactions. I assume the person can't even see my listings.

"Hi there. Just a friendly reminder - the auction will be relisted if payment is not received within three days. Thanks!"

(2 days later.....)

"Hi again. A friendly reminder - the auction will be relisted tomorrow if payment is not received. Thanks!"

(4 days later, after said auction has been relisted....)

"whut hapned two those games i won? didnt get them yet!!!"

Friggin Ebay, sigh.....

Yeah, I assume the "no po boxes" are people shipping ups or fedex (though half the stuff shipped that way ends up delivered by usps anyways because they hand it off to them). Oddly enough, I never have received both "we don't deliver to po boxes" and "we need your phone number" on the same auction. I only have gotten one or the other.

Fedex aside I find that the best solution is just not to buy from people using DHL and especially UPS. The way they act about delivering packages, their charges in general, and the overlying laziness about getting stuff to you unless you pay for their more premium rates make them entirely not worth it. I hate it when one slips by me and it ends up in their hands so when someone does that on ebay I get mad about it as it's a put off. I just ordered a stack of 100 bubble mailers for the first time on ebay yesterday and the listing said nothing about UPS then I got a tracking number. Now I'll have to keep an eye out so they'll actually leave it, not possibly mess it up, an even if it got here 2-3 days early they'll just sit on it at the hub (which won't allow pick up) forcing an unnecessary wait. Says a lot when they act like jerks here since I live where the company is headquartered out of.

• Like 1

I won't go into all the hassles I've ran into, both buying and selling, but it's been a nightmare. I'd stay FAR away from eBay, if there were other options, but where I live, there aren't any. I live in a shitty town. I've only found one other guy within 30 miles, who was interested in Atari stuff and I found him on eBay, because he was selling off his collection! There's one Comic/collectables store here and I got all their Atari stuff when I worked there. If you go to the Greeneville Walmart, it's like going back in time about 8 months. We get things about a year after the other Walmarts in East TN. People drive to Johnson City or Kingsport because you can't find it here, then when it does get here, it just sits on the shelves, because people already HAVE it. Walmart has a distribution center here, IN GREENEVILLE, but they still can't stock current items! What the HELL? :mad:

OK, sorry, I'm getting off topic.

Yeah, I've had my fair share of bad sellers and buyers. eBay does seem to keep updating their rules to screw everyone, but if you don't have any other options....

"Hi there. Just a friendly reminder - the auction will be relisted if payment is not received within three days. Thanks!"

(2 days later.....)

"Hi again. A friendly reminder - the auction will be relisted tomorrow if payment is not received. Thanks!"

snipped

Just a friendly reminder, until UID is completed a buyer can still pay for it as much as 6 days after end of listing (2 days before UID can open and 4 more days) if you sold item via BIN and the later buyer then pays up, you would have 2 buyers and one item, and can risk a neg from one.

All sellers should avoid relisting until after UID is completed.

Funny I think I am about to face the same deal for an Item that sold Monday. No response form the buyer and I gave them the 4th as a day and sent a reminder Wednesday. No response and now its gone to issue as an unpaid item. My big thing is I hate waiting all that time to get it resolved.

Looking through the winning bidders history he does not seem bad but no recent activity makes me wonder is this is just an " Oops I bid by accident". I guess time will tell though he has until the 10th to pay so we will see. I just would have liked a response but getting nothing back makes me more furious. Common courtesy folks really.

Just a friendly reminder, until UID is completed a buyer can still pay for it as much as 6 days after end of listing (2 days before UID can open and 4 more days) if you sold item via BIN and the later buyer then pays up, you would have 2 buyers and one item, and can risk a neg from one.

All sellers should avoid relisting until after UID is completed.

LOL no sellers should avoid anything but immediate payment required. In the event it is an actual auction then you simply cancel the transaction, buyer can no longer leave feedback and you eliminate the 2 buyer problem.

I don't have time or patience for a BS UID claim. If and when I do an auction and not a bin and have to wait for payment. If my terms say payment must be made within 2 days and payment has not been received in that time frame. Transaction gets cancelled and buyer gets blocked, then move on to the other billion users.

• Like 1