IGNORED

Bought out GameGavel.com, need community input.

PikoInteractive

Because it wasn't what Eli wanted to hear.

When someone is asking you whether you want cat poo, dog poo, horse poo, or hamster poo for lunch, a reasonable person would take issue with the question.

It doesn't matter, he's already "invested" in this boondoggle, and I'm obviously not going to be participating.

I'm sure I wouldn't either as I buy electronics all the time to repair, TVs, blu-ray players, game consoles, etc. So of course I'm going to use a site where I can look for everything and where most people are at. I wouldn't waste time on a site dedicated for just gaming sales(especially with a smaller audience). I use ebay and craigslist and that is enough.

EDIT:

I'll admit I hate ebay but yes I still use it. I hate facebook too and preferred myspace and yahoo but the people are on facebook.

Edited by SignGuy81

Off topic again ^^ lol I give up.

Eli, did you really expect much else? I mean, come on, you were a big participant in the "Let's rip Mike's eyeballs out and shit in his skull!" thread, were you not? :ponder:

I gave you a couple of legit things to think about.

• Like 4

What does it have to do ebay business model etc. With feature suggestions?

He basically answered "what would make you sell on gamegavel" by saying "not gamegavel". I not consider that the answer of thr question.

Anyways, last off topic comment I address.

I havent been able to address helpul comments in the thread.

Edit: and of course I am passive aggresively called unreasonable. Sigh.

Don't be mad. I didn't say you are unreasonable. I said a reasonable person would find your question untenable.

If you're making an auction site, you need to differentiate it from the market leader in a meaningful way. Surely you had a business plan in mind when you acquired this.

Taking 3% commission is insufficient if you don't have enough traffic to make people want to come there. See also the "alternatives" to other big sites. Oh wait, you can't, they're all dead.

Maybe roll it back to CTCW.com and do a "back to the roots" sort of thing? That might help cause when it was CTCW it was a positive and popular thing. Just an idea. I have no clue what would be involved in getting the CTCW name,ect. to make that work.

Eli, did you really expect much else? I mean, come on, you were a big participant in the "Let's rip Mike's eyeballs out and shit in his skull!" thread, were you not? :ponder:

I gave you a couple of legit things to think about.

Well the thing is Mike is not involved. I lost a lot of money and time on the Chameleon thing; the NY trip alone was like 4-5k. That snowballed in time wasted, prototype/devwork wasted + all the time trying not to be stained by the backlash and doing PR work. Money lost snowballed to not having money for expos for the year, those are lost sales and advertising. Getting gg/retro on a fire sale are the only things that I could/can recoup, or can help recoup all that loss. Remember I was reporting in to the community anything I could. That cost money and time.

So I am taking this seriously. Will brush off any negativity.

Edited by PikoInteractive

Maybe roll it back to CTCW.com and do a "back to the roots" sort of thing?

Man, that reminds me of the CTCW exclusive release I did ages ago. I had almost forgotten about that, had to google one of the carts I made. LOL

post-5270-0-49503500-1456934858.jpg

• Like 2

Mike had given out tons of free accounts, so there's no telling how many were floating out there. I had one. (Which I did not pay for.)

I did pay for mine so that sucks.

If you are going to have a feedback system on your site, please let the seller also have the ability to leave "negative", "neutral", or "positive" feedback on a buyer. There use to be a time when both the seller and the buyer could leave what ever feedback he/she deemed valid. Also, ebay use to let each party (i.e. seller or buyer) respond to each feedback response.

Ebay no longer lets sellers leave any feedback other than "positive" or none. This had lead to a system in which buyers hold feedback over the heads of sellers. Why? Ebay sees itself as a store (like Walmart) and of course views it's seller as "suppliers" for their store. There for the buyer is always right even when it's obvious they are just trying to scam sellers for free stuff.

Ebay has effectively erased the seller/buyer relationship because the buyers see the seller as "Ebay" and not the actual guy that is selling the product.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 9

The amount of negativity here directed at Piko is quite unfair and uncalled for. I get the level of butthurt well deserved by that fraud Mike and all the shit he perpetrated to the member base here quite a bit and overall online in general and his losses he truly deserves as they rack up.

That said, it's quite clear what Piko said he bought up of what was Game Gavel. He didn't buy the site itself (ie: the code, server, existing program) but the name, the web domain address, and the IP about it. He did not buy up the core site, so it's not his site to be continuing on as is, therefore anyone with a free account (which I have one too) is just shit out of luck. Get over it. Blame Mike, he's the problem here. I don't feel entitled to some freebie from the new owner of the name, not the LLC behind it one bit. All the lies and bs around his failed magazine he couldn't keep profitable even with money begging campaigns, nor his go nowhere auction site with promises of new expansion and deals that never happened. That's all him, right through the multiple scam protos of the truly was a Chameleon as it looked like a console and never was.

All this drama about poisons, dumpster fires and stains, is just that small scale drama, a personal issue in the end. If he can just use the names, but not the branding and all the bad crap that was bound to them and make a positive out of it I say good. Give it a chance. Piko has enough going on his own to prove he's no stupid Mike with stupid ideas and stupid backfire problems that'll immolate anyone in the area around it. This whole attack dog thing is really uncalled for given his rep. I'd agree otherwise if it was just some rich toolbag newb who bought up the crap to try and keep the dumpster fire going without fixing the problems.

• Like 9

That said, it's quite clear what Piko said he bought up of what was Game Gavel. He didn't buy the site itself (ie: the code, server, existing program) but the name, the web domain address, and the IP about it. He did not buy up the core site, so it's not his site to be continuing on as is, therefore anyone with a free account (which I have one too) is just shit out of luck.

I did not buy a membership to the code, the server, or the existing program. I purchased an account to the auction site GameGavel.

It does not matter who host the site, owns the site, updates the code, transfers content, and so on. Whether Piko was aware of these accounts before purchasing does not change the fact they were given out to us. As long as GameGavel exist those LIFETIME memberships we purchased should be honored.

• Like 5

What does it have to do ebay business model etc. With feature suggestions?

He basically answered "what would make you sell on gamegavel" by saying "not gamegavel". I not consider that the answer of thr question.

Eli, you liking or not liking, respecting or not respecting, any opinion here has jack to do with their success, however their opinions are a future indication of yours as they are the community. That is all I have been trying to tell you, you bought a toxic waste dump and your not going to do well with it. I think most of us (myself included) want to see you and other people with the guts to try do well. I know you have high hopes for this and want to move forward with the potential you see in it but you just going to get a backlash every time you roll it out. Lets say you were to offer up a Wolfenstein 3D Sega Master System cart from an unreleased property next week, I and my guys would be backing you 100%. Don't mistake people telling you you screwed up here with us telling you your a total screw up.

• Like 3

Just to be clear, all I am trying to say is what you already addressed about the old memberships and that you should scrub the entire site. The brand name is awesome and I would personally come up with something unique, that will only be released on your site, given it won't cost me anything and I don't see orange, huge banners I don't care about, or that horrific hammer mascot. ;)

Hmmm... I really, really want to get away from Ebay but we are all so entrenched there... I really hope this works out and gets people's attention.

I am not really arguing anything. I am just sharing an anecdotal story.

As far as maintaining lifetime memberships from the past owner of the GameGavel name... This reminds me of the Hellgate: London debacle a few years ago. I bought into everything in pre-release (as a founder or something) with a huge upfront cost and I had a lifetime membership for online stuff, received the collector's edition, etc. (I don't really remember all of the particulars anymore). I'll NEVER do THAT again. When the whole thing crashed and burned and went to Hell (pun intended) I got nothin'. Later, when the new company picked it up and ran with it I got nothin'. No refund. No free account. Nothin. They were a new company and the old one had failed and died. They were not the same company and did not have the obligations of the original owners. The original owners had stolen my money, not these new guys. Was I disappointed? HELL YES! - with the original company. But not really with the new company. No, I did not give them any more money as I had moved on and called my experience with Hellgate: London a total horrible loss.

Again, I do hope this venture succeeds. I know I'll give it a shot.

Very good advice on here so far. Again, I'd suggest changing the name to CCTW, that way you can avoid some of the bad things associated with it. Also, Scott has been SUPER nice to you, Piko. Listen to what he has to say. He knows more about what is going on then anyone else here (with the exception perhaps of UKMike). :)

You forget the user data; everybody forgets the user data.

Eli's first step after buying it probably led to some subconscious conflation with Mike. Undoubtedly a misstep, but he did apologize--at least in that thread.

Like or despise the metaphor "tar baby" it's pretty apt in this case. Good luck changing his shirt.

My best advice to Eli would be to look at Pipercub and UKMike as valuable assets rather than trolls. I'm not sure about UKMike, but Pipercub invested in GG and I think was even part of the board. Make good with them--if not for the business insight, then for the empathy that the sale may have been just one more way that SocalMike screwed some people.

That said, it's quite clear what Piko said he bought up of what was Game Gavel. He didn't buy the site itself (ie: the code, server, existing program) but the name, the web domain address, and the IP about it. He did not buy up the core site, so it's not his site to be continuing on as is, therefore anyone with a free account (which I have one too) is just shit out of luck. Get over it. Blame Mike, he's the problem here. I don't feel entitled to some freebie from the new owner of the name, not the LLC behind it one bit. All the lies and bs around his failed magazine he couldn't keep profitable even with money begging campaigns, nor his go nowhere auction site with promises of new expansion and deals that never happened. That's all him, right through the multiple scam protos of the truly was a Chameleon as it looked like a console and never was.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 3

- Do true to real life auctions! Have an end time, but if people continue to bid leave the option open for +1 minute for counter bids to roll in. It's only to the benefit of the seller, and you (due to the cut) to make more money as the seller really will get the value, not what some douche snipes in the last microsecond out from under someone else.

Just for feedback sake, I would NOT be in favor of this and would not participate in Live Auctions.

I am one of those "Douches" who snipe your "fake highest bid"

• Like 7

Just for feedback sake, I would NOT be in favor of this and would not participate in Live Auctions.

I am one of those "Douches" who snipe your "fake highest bid"

Been many times I wouldn't bid til the last 8 seconds of an auction. That is click on it when it is down to last 8 seconds and by the time the dialog pops up for me to put in the amount I want and confirm. Usually the minimum amount higher than the last bid it will let me. I won quite a few bids like this and I don't see any thing against it at all, moral or otherwise. Everybody has the same opportunity.

Edited by SignGuy81
  • Like 1

I do like the idea of a real auction. Meaning, after the last highest bid, the auction extends a minute or so.(shorter the better)

I stopped visiting the GG when he offered the lifetime selling then later put some limits on it after the fact.(it was something like having to list stuff or lose the account). At the time, I was busy with work and could not list stuff so I left the site. I also got screw by the magazine more times than I care to think about(paid for yearly subscriptions and never received anything). I contact them so many times, I think I got one magazine.

I do hope you offer something to the lifetime sellers. I realize you legally do not have to, but it is the right thing to do(business wise and other). Maybe a reduced rate or something?