IGNORED

XRGB Mini RGB Framemeister Users?

Hank Rearden

Anyone out there with an RGB upgrade that might be willing to share the profile they are using? I just got my modded 4 switch unit and XRGB this week and out of the box, both are awesome!! I know there are many that don't want to play any other way than through RF and that is fine. I have a second 6-switch unit that will remain that way as well.

But if you've had this setup for a while, I'm still learning all the various options with the XRGB, and was looking to see if anyone is willing to share their settings. I got to something I like until I turn on scan-lines, which looks terrible. Without them it seems very good though. :)

Anyone out there with an RGB upgrade that might be willing to share the profile they are using? I just got my modded 4 switch unit and XRGB this week and out of the box, both are awesome!! I know there are many that don't want to play any other way than through RF and that is fine. I have a second 6-switch unit that will remain that way as well.

But if you've had this setup for a while, I'm still learning all the various options with the XRGB, and was looking to see if anyone is willing to share their settings. I got to something I like until I turn on scan-lines, which looks terrible. Without them it seems very good though. :)

http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html

I actually use the 04NES5X (if I remember correctly) profile on this site for my Atari 2600, it looks good and if you turn on the scanlines, they match up correctly/consistently. One thing I've noticed is when you mess with zoom/scaling and other settings, it really has to be just right in order for scanlines to look good.

http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html

I actually use the 04NES5X (if I remember correctly) profile on this site for my Atari 2600, it looks good and if you turn on the scanlines, they match up correctly/consistently. One thing I've noticed is when you mess with zoom/scaling and other settings, it really has to be just right in order for scanlines to look good.

Thanks. I will check that one out. I was using one of his Genesis ones as I have that hooked up via RGB as well. NES is down the road a bit yet but I will try that profile for the 2600.

I love the scan line effect, especially for the older consoles. I even use scan line on SD video like Laserdisc (even though all I own are widescreen).

The only way I found they look correct is output HDMI at 720p.

Then the top two scan line valleys under off/on, the second one being smooth, turn both all the way up to 110, 115. 120.

The one above smooth turned up all the way won't show scan lines. Back it down until the dimness between lines is to your liking.

Even from the Raspberry Pi setting emulators to their native output values, then the XRGB scaling them to 720p all have perfect scan lines. That also keeps the emulation running fast, the lag time down (be sure to put TV in "game" mode also for the lowest lag time).

There was improvement in the last XRGB firmware, so make sure your XRGB is updated.

Last update was over a year ago, though. 5-17-2016 ver 2.03a