IGNORED

Protective Cases for Odyssey 2 boxes

polyex

I know they have protective plastic cases for Atari and Intellivision as well as NES. Does such a thing exist for Odyssey/2 boxes?

The best fit I have found is here: http://retroprotection.com/Sega-Genesis-Box-Protectors-50-Pack-32X-and-Sega-Master-Also-087.htm;jsessionid=9B73BC6589F56B5DC697D0A002CF67E5.p3plqscsfapp004

Not perfect but still a good fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok guys I need your help! So Shane reached out to me and said he could make protective cases for the Odyssey 2 games.

He just needs measurements...here is what I have:

Regular game box=

Front/Back:

6.5 in. Length / 5 in. Width

Side:

6.5 in. Length / 1.10 in (2.50 mm) Width.

Board game box=

Front/Back:

7.75 in. Length / 10 in. Width

Side:

7.75 in. Length / 2.25 in. Width

Anyone want to confirm the measurements?

Thanks guys!

-Mark

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok guys I need your help! So Shane reached out to me and said he could make protective cases for the Odyssey 2 games.

He just needs measurements...here is what I have:

Regular game box=

Front/Back:

6.5 in. Length / 5 in. Width

Side:

6.5 in. Length / 1.10 in (2.50 mm) Width.

Board game box=

Front/Back:

7.75 in. Length / 10 in. Width

Side:

7.75 in. Length / 2.25 in. Width

Anyone want to confirm the measurements?

Thanks guys!

-Mark

I got very close to your measurements:

Using a standard sized box of an O² "Armored encounter" I got exact measurements of:

Front Height = 6 1/2 inches

Front Width = 4 7/8 inches

Side depth = 1 1/16 inches

These measurements were exact so the protector box will fit snug if these measurements are used for the INSIDE measurements. Using these measurements for the outside of the protector box will make it too small. Adding a 16th of an inch or so to the inside measurement for the protector boxes will give a little room.

Using a Master Strategy Series box of an O² "The Great Wall Street Fortune Hunt" I got exact measurements of:

Front Height = 7 13/16 inches

Front Width = 10 inches

Side depth = 2 3/16

FYI, Imagic Atlantis and Demon Attack fit in standard Atari sized box protectors.

Is it strange that a full-grown man gets giddy at the thought of finally getting box protectors for his precious O² collection?? :)

• Like 1

Simply awesome. I've been trying to get a nice fitting protector box for these things for years. I was about to buy some sheets of plastic and start forming and gluing my own (seriously).

I'll take a full set + a few extras of each size. Where do I send my money? :)

Now, about my other "esoteric" sets that need nice fitting protectors:

Atari 2600 Starpath Supercharger Space Patrol box - Found Wii Skyward sword box at RetroProtection.com (reference)

Fairchild Channel F

Vectrex - Found these at RetroProtection.com (reference)

Emerson Arcadia 2001 - Found that the Atari 2600 protectors from VideoGameBoxProtectors.com work

Bally Astrocade

APF MP1000

RCA Studio II (2 sizes, normal and large educational box)

Original Magnavox Odyssey additional games boxes

Milton Bradley Microvision console and games boxes

Original boxed Mattel Electronic Football

What about the Atari 2600 large boxed items like the controllers came in or Star Raiders or the original Indy 500? I can't find anything for those. And some have those large flaps on them, too, that I do NOT want to fold or tear off which makes it difficult to find a good solution.

Edit - Without the flap, some of the large boxes will "sort of" fit either the Wii Windwaker box or the Wii Super Smas Bros. protectors from RetroProtection.com. See postings HERE.

Here is a random pic I found on the Internet of one with the flap:

post-26843-0-44417800-1439321297.gif

Any ideas for solutions would be appreciated.

• Like 1

KylJoy if you want I could ask Shane about those boxes too. Could you provide me with proper measurements and I'll see what he says?

I'm waiting to hear back from him on the O2 boxes first.

Shane is an awesome guy. I needed a repro box for plumbers don't wear ties for the 3do and it wasn't in the store catalog, sure enough I asked him about it and within minutes he had one for me and added it to the store catalog :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually have a contact in a company that makes these and have had NES/SNES/GameBoy protectors made for myself. It would probably be very easy for me to have protectors made for the Odyssey system if people were interested in them. Let me know

It would be awesome to get protectors for the board games and system box. I haven't found anything to fit them :/

Simply awesome. I've been trying to get a nice fitting protector box for these things for years. I was about to buy some sheets of plastic and start forming and gluing my own (seriously).

I'll take a full set + a few extras of each size. Where do I send my money? :)

Now, about my other "esoteric" sets that need nice fitting protectors:

Atari 2600 Starpath Supercharger Space Patrol box - Found Wii Skyward sword box at RetroProtection.com (reference)

Fairchild Channel F

Vectrex - Found these at RetroProtection.com (reference)

Emerson Arcadia 2001 - Found that the Atari 2600 protectors from VideoGameBoxProtectors.com work

Bally Astrocade

APF MP1000

RCA Studio II (2 sizes, normal and large educational box)

Original Magnavox Odyssey additional games boxes

Milton Bradley Microvision console and games boxes

Original boxed Mattel Electronic Football

What about the Atari 2600 large boxed items like the controllers came in or Star Raiders or the original Indy 500? I can't find anything for those. And some have those large flaps on them, too, that I do NOT want to fold or tear off which makes it difficult to find a good solution.

Edit - Without the flap, some of the large boxes will "sort of" fit either the Wii Windwaker box or the Wii Super Smas Bros. protectors from RetroProtection.com. See postings HERE.

Here is a random pic I found on the Internet of one with the flap:

post-26843-0-44417800-1439321297.gif

Any ideas for solutions would be appreciated.

Kiljoy, FYI I found a pretty decent Channel F Videocart box protector.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262083-found-a-near-perfect-channel-f-box-protector/?hl=%2Bvideocart+%2Bbox+%2Bprotector&do=findComment&comment=3692997

• 1 month later...

Update:

I finally got the sample boxes over to the factory and have been in discussion with them. The Odyssey game boxes are under production currently. I am trying to negotiate with them about the console boxes on their MOQ. They recommend since the box is so large to make it out of 0.4mm plastic instead of 0.2mm plastic which is the standard for most of these however its a lot more expensive. I am trying to work out a group deal where I buy a bunch at a time of various types to lower the MOQ on that particular one. I have attached pictures of the samples of both. Don't mind the film on the protector that is removable and is on there to prevent scratching of the protectors.

post-61595-0-93136300-1508678980_thumb.jpg

post-61595-0-37207300-1508678989_thumb.jpg

post-61595-0-75910000-1508678994_thumb.jpg

post-61595-0-90425900-1508678999_thumb.jpg

Edited by MortoffGames
  • Like 1