IGNORED

Svengoolie 7800 game

GeekDragon

I was watching Svengoolie(like I do every Saturday night), and during his mail seqment he had a Svengoolie 7800 homebrew that was given to him at the Midwest Gaming Classic. Just wondering if the person who made this game is a memeber here and made any more carts or if any one knows this person. I would love to buy one.

• Like 1

I was watching Svengoolie(like I do every Saturday night), and during his mail seqment he had a Svengoolie 7800 homebrew that was given to him at the Midwest Gaming Classic. Just wondering if the person who made this game is a memeber here and made any more carts or if any one knows this person. I would love to buy one.

Could be...me!

post-18158-0-47912800-1495944670.jpg

post-18158-0-02455800-1495944671.jpg

post-18158-0-40379500-1495944726_thumb.jpg

I made a copy for Svengoolie and he aired it during the mail segment with Kerwyn when I went to the Midwest Gaming Classic.

It is a graphic hack of another game I made called Fat Axl.

• Like 8

Cool. Yeah I just saw the segment tonight. I would love a copy. Are you selling any? Been a big sven fan since the beginning when he was on wfld.

I've just contacted Rich Koz (Sven) about permission to sell the game since it uses the name, Svengoolie and he owns the name so hopefully he'll say "yes."

I've just contacted Rich Koz (Sven) about permission to sell the game since it uses the name, Svengoolie and he owns the name so hopefully he'll say "yes."

I think metv owns the name as well, but it was cool you can do that for him,I saw your post about fat axl noticed it said not to use genisis controllers, what if they are used with seagull adapter?

I think metv owns the name as well, but it was cool you can do that for him,I saw your post about fat axl noticed it said not to use genisis controllers, what if they are used with seagull adapter?

Then it makes them the same as a 7800 controller.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just reached out to my program director from my radio days (20 years ago!!! geez!) -- I know he and Rich are/were buddies. He says Rich has an office at WCIU, so your best bet is to call to WCIU and ask for his office. A quick search shows me the number to WCIU is (312) 705-2600.

(Geez, too bad you couldn't have done this five years ago -- I used to work right around the corner from WCIU; I could have just gone there on your behalf. :) )

It was off the air for a while. I think it ended (and was still called Son of Svengoolie, because the character was originally the sidekick of the original Svengoolie, played by Jerry G. Bishop) when WFLD was bought out by Fox, and then in the '90s it came back on WCIU was was simply renamed -- with the blessing of Jerry G. Bishop -- Svengoolie.

• Like 1

It was off the air for a while. I think it ended (and was still called Son of Svengoolie, because the character was originally the sidekick of the original Svengoolie, played by Jerry G. Bishop) when WFLD was bought out by Fox, and then in the '90s it came back on WCIU was was simply renamed -- with the blessing of Jerry G. Bishop -- Svengoolie.

After Fox bought WFLD, a couple years later, they re-hired Rich Koz and gave him a late night movie show on Fridays called "The Koz Zone." This lasted, I think a year, then he was given the hosting duties of the syndicated weekday afternoon cartoon lineup, under the same name as the Friday night movie show. This lasted a couple years before WFLD let him go for good.

I love this from Wikipedia about The Koz Zone:

The show was originally untitled, but viewers were asked to address letters to "Lose Weight by Selling Real Estate, No Money Down" until the show adopted the name The Koz Zone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Koz

Edited by Inky