IGNORED

The Official video game tombstone thread

I was at a cemetery over the weekend for Memorial Day and was sitting on a gravestone bench thinking about stuff you think about in a cemetery when I spotted this. It really put a smile on my face.

post-40273-0-85345400-1496113310_thumb.jpg

I told my Wife I wanted a tombstone shaped like a video game cartridge but I don't think she liked the idea. I'll probably just end up with my name on a nondescript rock like everyone else. Oh well. What do you want on your tombstone?

• Like 2

I want pepperoni and mushroom.

Oops wrong tombstone. I've envisioned mine looking like classic NES controller. The + and 2 fire buttons with my name and date in the middle where start and select would be. Currently not married so not a problem with second name. The polished portion should look dark gray while the rest should look light gray.

The back should have in pixelated font "GAME OVER"

• Like 3

I thought this was going to be about tombstones IN video games.

Killer Bees (Odyssey 2) has them

killer+bees+screen.jpg

I thought I remembered them in Showdown in 2100 AD, but that's just dead dudes bloating in the sun.

ODYSSEY2--Showdown%20in%202100%20AD_Dec7

A guess: the entire Castlevania series has the most tombstones, followed by Ghouls and Ghosts?

I don't really care about my funeral or burial arrangements after I die. Those things are for the living, not the dead. That being said, I would like my final resting place to be near my wife's be it burial, ashes or whatever. I guess I'm not deep enough into this stuff that I want it memorialized with me.

However, on that same topic, I feel like my grandfather who would say, "What I'd like people to say at my funeral is, 'LOOK! He's moving!'"

It's just sad that the kid died before his fourteenth birthday. Tragic, even.

I've thought about this before. Seems like it would be amusing if my stone had a game over screen carved into it, with a continue countdown and zero credits listed on the bottom.

• Like 2

I wanted to put a small remnant of my Dad's ashes in something computer-y, but my wife wasn't too keen on it. In fact, she's not too keen on having a vessel with MY ashes in the house if I kick first. Kinda puts a damper on the idea of being put into a sealed up game system or something.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that would traumatize some children, but that's good too. :-D :P

Or you could donate your body to science. Medical students are like children, and you know there's at least a little bit of pranking with the cadavers.

This Brazilian game led to an uptick in organ donation, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I know some people think emergency medical people are less apt to work hard for organ donors, but I choose not to believe that. If I'm ever in bad enough shape where organ donation looks like an option, it's probably for the best that I help someone else in need.

• Like 2