IGNORED

Games worth speed running.

So I guess you could say I have been speed running Mario 3 for about 17 years now. I didn't actually know speed runs were a thing when I started. Honestly I began as sort of a drinking challenge. Whenever I got drunk I wouldn't let myself pass out until I beat Mario 3. I'm pretty fast but I will never hold the record. Most notable games people speed run can maybe have tenths of seconds shaved off the time if that is even possible. So my question is what are some games that still have some room for improvement in the time, and are actually notable enough that any one would care that you have the record?

Edited by Dripfree

I did NES Dragon Warrior once somewhat by accident. I started playing in the morning and wanted to get as far as I could in one sitting since I had beaten the game many times before. I ended up completing the game in less than 8 hours. No idea of the exact time as I did not record or document it, just did it for fun.

Other NES titles I did were:

King's Quest V max score of 260 in 47 minutes 37 seconds

Vegas Dream Fastest Completion to Break the Bank (> $9,999,999.99) in 1 hour 46 minutes and 18 seconds

I was trying to finish as quickly as possible for KQV and VD. In fact I finished those many times to get the times that low. DW1 is a game that I have finished many times but only once in 1 sitting. That would definitely be possible to fine tune and finish much faster. I would take that on but I do not have the same motivation and energy I did 10+ years ago when I submitted the others to Twin Galaxies.

Troy