IGNORED

Amiga Problem

RetroReboot

I have inherited a Amiga 2500 and i am recently having problems with it. When i got the system It would boot up fine, workbench would load up and every thing seemed fine but one day it started to boot up but in Amiga Dos and no commands work such as info or Dir. I've looked every where and no one else seems to have this problem

if any one has any information on this that would be great

I'm not expert on Amiga or Amiga Dos but problem sounds to me like it is locking up when it gets to that point. Does this DOS normally have a blinking cursor like MS DOS. And if so is it not blinking?

EDIT:

I guess I should have also asked too do you see input from keyboard when typing in the commands on the screen are the letters showing up?

Edited by SignGuy81

I'm not expert on Amiga or Amiga Dos but problem sounds to me like it is locking up when it gets to that point. Does this DOS normally have a blinking cursor like MS DOS. And if so is it not blinking?

EDIT:

I guess I should have also asked too do you see input from keyboard when typing in the commands on the screen are the letters showing up?

Yeas there is a blinking cursor and there is response from the key board

This sounds like something in your Startup Sequence is not loading correctly. This may be a sign that your hard disk is starting to not store data accurately. My recommendation would be to get a SCSI to IDE device and switch over to a compact flash solution. I have this on my Amiga 2000 with a GVP 030 accelerator card and it has been working with no problems.

• 8 months later...

This sounds like something in your Startup Sequence is not loading correctly. This may be a sign that your hard disk is starting to not store data accurately. My recommendation would be to get a SCSI to IDE device and switch over to a compact flash solution. I have this on my Amiga 2000 with a GVP 030 accelerator card and it has been working with no problems.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ill try this out.

My hard drive controller is a A2091 and it seems to have 50 pin idc and i cant find any converters to IDE

It sounds like the HDD died as suggested in the previous post. Can you boot off of a floppy to confirm the machine is working otherwise? Your controller is SCSI..you are not connecting an IDE hard drive to it. You will need to either replace it with another aging SCSI hard drive or a new SCSI2SD card which I highly recommend. If you don't have disks or the ability to make them you will need a Gotek or equivalent floppy emulator in order to boot stuff...install the OS..etc. OR, do it in emulation. Welcome to the Amiga! It's a ball busting PITA but so very rewarding in the end!