IGNORED

Crazy Seattle Craigslist find: 50+ C64 Games - Craigslist isn't dead!

I've had quite a bit of luck on Craigslist over the years here on the east coast myself. A massive IIGS (rom 3 model with all boxes, drives, a bunch of boxed games) for $150 a few months ago and a boxed mint Amiga 500 and 1084S monitor for $175 to name a few. It really all depends on the area and what people are looking for. It seems vintage computer stuff sits longer than vintage console stuff in my neck of the woods so I have a better chance in finding vintage computer stuff if I check even once or twice a week.

Stuff is out there for sure. Very nice haul. I actually remember these games on store shelves back when the C64 was the hot thing....and I can tell you they weren't $5 each back then :)

• Like 1

Stuff is out there for sure. Very nice haul. I actually remember these games on store shelves back when the C64 was the hot thing....and I can tell you they weren't $5 each back then :)

It still amazes me how much stuff people have in their attics or garage even now. Sometimes I just wanna go house to house knocking doors asking for "retro games please?"

Something tells me I'd get a shotgun pulled on me real quick ;)

Facebook seems extremely popular with buy and sell these days, both divided by geographic and by interests, sometimes both at the same time. Though usually it down to bidding, so perhaps more like a competitor to eBay than to Craigslist. The good thing with Facebook so far is I think it doesn't charge for sales, though it has some support in handling items for sale compared to what a generic forum would be able to.

• Like 1

If craigslist is having a near death experience, what has replaced it?

In the Seattle area, a LOT of people are switching over to the OfferUp app because you have to have an account to respond AND every listing has to have a photo. Plus it has built in chat, which is great when negotiating

Edited by Metal Jesus