IGNORED

Super Game Module 4th run official thread

opcode

So, I ordered one of these and probably should have ordered a second as backup. What is your current disposition about a 5th run of the Supergame Module, or will this be made mostly obsolete by the new Colecovision console?

We hope to announce plans for the 5th run early next year, after we have shipped the 4th run. :)

We have a little surprise in store though...

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Update (1/9/18): China is assembling the first SGM board this week. We expect the board to be here for approval next week. Assuming all is good, we give then the go ahead and get all 449 boards in about a couple of weeks. After that I complete testing of each board, assemble modules inside their cases and ship to AtariAge to start shipping them to pre-orders.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: we got the sample from China, working great, nicely built, really happy. They are going ahead with the remaining modules. Should have them here soon. After that I will need another week or two and they should be ready to ship. Thanks for being patient. :)

• Like 7

UPDATE: we got the sample from China, working great, nicely built, really happy. They are going ahead with the remaining modules. Should have them here soon. After that I will need another week or two and they should be ready to ship. Thanks for being patient. :)

Great news! Looking forward to mine, my 3rd run copy is performing perfectly! Thanks for making these a reality, such a great piece.

John Messeder

• Like 1

I need to update my shipping address. How do I do that properly? I added a note to my order page here on the store. To make things more complicated, I'm posting now from another account. I cannot seem to log into my original forum account via Facebook any more. Let me know if I need to update address through some other means. PM or email etc. Thanks!

Edited by trabera1

I need to update my shipping address. How do I do that properly? I added a note to my order page here on the store. To make things more complicated, I'm posting now from another account. I cannot seem to log into my original forum account via Facebook any more. Let me know if I need to update address through some other means. PM or email etc. Thanks!

You probably pre-ordered your module from AtariAge Store, so please contact them and make sure your address is up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Opcode Games,

Any update on the 4th run of the SGM units? Looking forward to receiving mine.

Thanks,

Mark

I guessing from the Jan 18 update, it will be 6-8 weeks for China to make them, then the semi-slow boat from China for a month, then Opcode sends them out, so I am predicting mid-April to early May.

Isn't this the same company that made the Coleco Gemini? That's pretty ironic. No matter. New logo looks just as good and you guys should get the credit not "Coleco". I like authentic things too when collecting but these are your new products and your brand should be the one to shine. I don't see anything official coming from "Coleco" except that weird expo a few months ago. Even Sydney Hunter had to have "their" version of the game alongside CollectorVision version. It's like the feudal system where they let you get married but the feudal lord dipshit gets to lay with the bride on the first night. They should be so grateful that anyone even remembers ColecoVision at all since they've let it go defunct until they saw an opportunity to make a buck off the hobbyists and fans that have kept it alive and pure since the mid to late 80's. They should make you an honorary CEO of Coleco video game development and they should have joined forces with you and let you do your thing which would've been a win-win. But that's not how most corporations see things unfortunately. Maybe offer to help instead of threaten and stifle. Heck let's sue "Coleco"! Just joking. But it is like a father who abandons their child only to learn years later how successful that child has become and then the father shows up out of the blue to make a claim and get in on the action which is pitiful and shameful.

Edited by rodge2001

Isn't this the same company that made the Coleco Gemini? That's pretty ironic. No matter. New logo looks just as good and you guys should get the credit not "Coleco". I like authentic things too when collecting but these are your new products and your brand should be the one to shine. I don't see anything official coming from "Coleco" except that weird expo a few months ago. Even Sydney Hunter had to have "their" version of the game alongside CollectorVision version. It's like the feudal system where they let you get married but the feudal lord dipshit gets to lay with the bride on the first night. They should be so grateful that anyone even remembers ColecoVision at all since they've let it go defunct until they saw an opportunity to make a buck off the hobbyists and fans that have kept it alive and pure since the mid to late 80's. They should make you an honorary CEO of Coleco video game development and they should have joined forces with you and let you do your thing which would've been a win-win. But that's not how most corporations see things unfortunately. Maybe offer to help instead of threaten and stifle. Heck let's sue "Coleco"! Just joking. But it is like a father who abandons their child only to learn years later how successful that child has become and then the father shows up out of the blue to make a claim and get in on the action which is pitiful and shameful.

More like the father disappeared years ago and someone bought his I.D. and is claiming to be him!

• Like 1

Well then its more like the father abondoned the child and then the child was adopted by loving parents but then the biological father wanted the child back after realizing how much potential the child had. Then some court decided the child can live with anyone it chooses but must go by an alternate name whenever its not with its biological father.

Well then its more like the father abondoned the child and then the child was adopted by loving parents but then the biological father wanted the child back after realizing how much potential the child had. Then some court decided the child can live with anyone it chooses but must go by an alternate name whenever its not with its biological father.

Actually, its the biological father's doppelganger who comes back. A doppelganger known as the patent troll.

Hi there!

I have good news. We received the boards just before Chinese New Year, and I am now assembling and testing everything. We are almost there...[/quote

I didnt jump on the pre-order! I hope there are a few more

left for those of us with our heads in the clouds...?

Edited by Emad

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I took 3 days off work to complete all pending stuff with the 4th run. So I am currently assembling and testing the final 100 modules. After that we should be ready to ship to AtariAge. Modules look great btw, new nameplates, boxes and all. Thank you so much for your patience and support. :-D

BTW, also shipping are the remaining 12 or so modules from 3rd run. And a couple of repairs from past runs.

When will the surprise be revealed?

Soon. ;)

• Like 6