IGNORED

Super Game Module 4th run official thread

opcode

Well then its more like the father abondoned the child and then the child was adopted by loving parents but then the biological father wanted the child back after realizing how much potential the child had. Then some court decided the child can live with anyone it chooses but must go by an alternate name whenever its not with its biological father.

None of your analogies work in the context you are applying them. The Coleco Industries from the 80's that created the ColecoVision and later went bankrupt, has not suddenly "come back" trying to make money off of retro collectors and hobbyists. A branding company who scoops up and assumes ownership of zombie IP is the one claiming the rights to all things Coleco now. The Greenberg family that ran Coleco Industries are not River West Brands or Dormitus Brands or whatever it is that calls themselves Coleco Holdings today. There is no "Biological Father" involved with Coleco Holdings. That's just what they want you to think when you hear their bs "Coleco Is Back" slogan. I wish that people would stop referring to Coleco Holdings as "Coleco" even as an abbreviation, because it only serves to perpetuate that misconception to those who are not "in the know".

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today too! Thank you AtariAge and Opcode for such an amazing effort once again.

One of the reasons I got mine was because I had a “lower 8k RAM failure” on my original first run unit. Unfortunately I am now getting the same error… Lower 8K ram failure, when using OTG’s SGM test ROM.

Anyone else getting this? Because I have tried my original SGM on about five different Colecovisions. Maybe the test ROM needs to be updated?

Got mine today too! Thank you AtariAge and Opcode for such an amazing effort once again.

One of the reasons I got mine was because I had a “lower 8k RAM failure” on my original first run unit. Unfortunately I am now getting the same error… Lower 8K ram failure, when using OTG’s SGM test ROM.

Anyone else getting this? Because I have tried my original SGM on about five different Colecovisions. Maybe the test ROM needs to be updated?

Send it back to Ed to get it repaired . Email through website .

Have you tried my own test? Press and hold * while powering on any of my games (that includes Opcode published and also third parties published). All SGMs were tested before shipping, and I don't have heard of anyone else having that issue. I find it very unlikely that you would have two bad units from different runs.

Just so that you know, we didn't get a single bad board with the 4th run. Manufacturing was literally flawless for this run.

• Like 1

When using the built-in SGM tests (which are on several Team Pixelboy releases and all Opcode SGM games). This is what I get for both 1st and 4th run units:

On King’s Valley dumped ROM:

PSG: OK

RAM 2000H-5FFFH: OK

RAM 0000H-1FFFH: ERRORS FOUND

RAM 6000H-7FFFH: OK

On OTG super game test:

DETECTED: Colecovision

BASE1K RAM OK!

SUPER GAME MODULE DETECTED

BASE 24K RAM OK!!

LOWER 8K RAM ERROR :(

On brand new Ghostbusters cart and Thexder dump:

PSG: OK

EXPANDED MEMORY: SGM

RAM 2000H-5FFFH: OK

RAM 0000H-1FFFH: OK

RAM 6000H-7FFFH: OK

Wonder if anyone else is getting this. I don’t have a huge problem with it because most games play just fine. But some don’t boot up normally and say that the SGM is required to play this game.

Perhaps my KV dump is bad, in which case I’ll have to go dig out my cart, or maybe it’s just a strange fluke.But I don’t think it’s a true hardware failure. Hope not!

Awesome! Thanks for your quick reply Eduardo. As I stated I too think that it is just a strange fluke. I have tried several Colecovision units though. Also as said, most everything plays just, fine so I don’t have a big issue with it. Just curious about the error, and wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Well, I can guarantee that the Thexder test is mine. Not sure about King's Valley, as it is missing the EXPANDED MEMORY bit.

Furthermore, it does't make sense that different tests are producing different results, since your SGMs cannot be both bad and good. Since I don't know what other tests are doing, I would say that your modules are working just fine, as the test I created shows them as ok.

Otherwise it might have something to do with flash carts, as I remember someone telling me (possibly Brian) that when using flash carts with SGM you might have issues. I can double check that.

Anyways, if my test says your modules are ok and that is consistent (meaning no matter how many times you run the test, the result is always the same), that means your modules are ok. Something else must be the culprit.

Eduardo, now that the 4th run has shipped, you mentioned you had some extra units for sale. When can we expect them to be available through Atari Age? Thank you.

I am currently assembling them. I would say another month and they should be available.

• Like 2