IGNORED

Super Game Module 4th run official thread

opcode

I am working as fast as I can to take care of all pending matters we still have. I got a little behind schedule this week, but still plan to have everything behind me in the next couple of weeks.

Also, I am going through old emails, replying to everything still deserving an answer. As Grazi stated, she is no longer in charge of email, so there is a little catch up to do.

No worries Sam. Please keep me updated. :)

Hi,

I was able to test my SGM on another console (my cousin's Coleco) and it works well.

The sound of AY-3-8910A is here but the volume is much lower than the "regular" Coleco sound. Just have to increase the TV volume...

So my console must have a problem with the expansion port sound...

...but it doesn't matter because my cousin decided to give me his CV! :-D

He had not used it for many years and the console had been sleeping in his box ever since.

For the record, it was the first Coleco I played on 35 years ago! The circle is complete!

I will now be able to fully enjoy my brand new SGM on my brand old new SECAM RGB ColecoVision! ;)

Thank you all for your help and in particular to "Opcode Team" which allows us to live these great moments with our "old machines" :thumbsup:

Sam

P.S. I'm now looking forward to new games like Gradius, Penguin Adventures, DK Arcade...

Hi,

I was able to test my SGM on another console (my cousin's Coleco) and it works well.

The sound of AY-3-8910A is here but the volume is much lower than the "regular" Coleco sound. Just have to increase the TV volume...

So my console must have a problem with the expansion port sound...

...but it doesn't matter because my cousin decided to give me his CV! :-D

He had not used it for many years and the console had been sleeping in his box ever since.

For the record, it was the first Coleco I played on 35 years ago! The circle is complete!

I will now be able to fully enjoy my brand new SGM on my brand old new SECAM RGB ColecoVision! ;)

Thank you all for your help and in particular to "Opcode Team" which allows us to live these great moments with our "old machines" :thumbsup:

Sam

P.S. I'm now looking forward to new games like Gradius, Penguin Adventures, DK Arcade...

Hi Sam,

Glad to know it worked as expected. :)

Thanks for the update!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...all 50 are sold out. That went super fast!

Ok, quick update. I am working to get games out soon. We will have color line games back in stock with some new release.

We will also show our new silver line in October, yes, including much delayed Donkey Kong.

But mainly, if you couldn’t get a SGM at this time, we are working hard to make them available again ASAP. You see, we have been producing them as fast as we can, but even with 50 extra modules, that didn’t last 10 minutes. Please be patient and we will have news on more soon.

So thanks again for all the support. Working seriously hard to get things out of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I tried to purchase one around 9:02 via the credit card method I got message saying error. My credit card is valid. I decided to try purchasing with my PayPal account same error message. If I can contact the company or if someone from the company can asisst me with going through the purchase greatly appreciated

I tried to purchase one around 9:02 via the credit card method I got message saying error. My credit card is valid. I decided to try purchasing with my PayPal account same error message. If I can contact the company or if someone from the company can asisst me with going through the purchase greatly appreciated

Unfortunately, it's too late to make a purchase at this point, sorry. There was a crush of people hitting the store all at the same thing, the first time this store has been stressed that hard. The store held up reasonably well, but I'm sure there were a few people (like yourself) who were not able to complete a purchase for one reason or another. The 50 Super Game Modules have all been accounted for, so there are no additional modules to sell you. Opcode will be working on getting another, larger, run of SGMs produced.

..Al

• 2 months later...

I'd like to buy the super game module pro but the store keeps saying its out of stock. Is there a way for me to purchase this?

It is my understanding that the Super Game module "pro" version was canceled and never released. However for the standard Super Game Module there is a possibility that sometime in the future there might be a 5th run

Why was it cancelled?

That is something you would need to ask OPCODE games directly, I think it has something to do with working on a new improved ColecoVision console Prometheus that would have the pro features built into the console.

So, not so much cancelled as it had a modernized ColecoVision console added as an addition feature.

So, not so much cancelled as it had a modernized ColecoVision console added as an addition feature.

No, it was cancelled. The SGM Pro was an SGM upgrade to add additional features, but it still would have been an add on to the ColecoVision. His other consoles are consoles, not enhanced SGMs.

No, it was cancelled. The SGM Pro was an SGM upgrade to add additional features, but it still would have been an add on to the ColecoVision. His other consoles are consoles, not enhanced SGMs.

To clarify: Well still get all the features of the SGM Pro, but they will be in a console rather than an add-on.

Which OPCODE console are we talking about? He's planning two - one of which will not play Coleco games.

I did not realize there is two separate consoles. I am aware of Prometheus which is a advanced ColecoVision. What is the name of the second console and what does it do? So the second console supports which videogame system or systems?

Also the OPCODE Games website does not list these consoles. So maybe we are several years away before these consoles are released.

Edited by HDTV1080P

Prometheus.

I was under the impression Prometheus was strictly for those of us that still wanted a ColecoVision replacement console, since the OMNI was going to be a completely standalone game system.

Did he post that Prometheus would have the SGM Pro specs for the SGM portion of the system?

I was under the impression Prometheus was strictly for those of us that still wanted a ColecoVision replacement console, since the OMNI was going to be a completely standalone game system.

Did he post that Prometheus would have the SGM Pro specs for the SGM portion of the system?

He said he planned to add new and improved features over the ColecoVision + SGM and graphics better than the F18A and has the SGM Pro prototype. Unless things have changed, I'm expecting it is something better than CV+SGM Pro. That's what was planned, but things are changing all the time.

• Like 1

Copying from my answer somewhere else:

Hi there! So here is an update, and I apologize that I am not answering individual posts:

1) I am super busy right now getting OMNI ready for RWX next week. However OMNI won't be out until later next year, so that takes me to

2) After RWX I will be going back to SGM and ColecoVision stuff. Plan is to deliver everything that have been in the pipeline for a shot and long while, including DK and SGM 5th run with a vengeance (wink wink). However one thing will have to wait, and that is

3) Prometheus was delayed until later next year per my agreement with CollectorVision, so we don't unnecessarily compete. Kudos to Brian for working hard on an agreement

4) Finally, for those waiting for Penguin fix, nameplates and assorted pending reply from us, please be patient as I will take care of everything two weeks from now, after RWX

• Like 1

He said he planned to add new and improved features over the ColecoVision + SGM and graphics better than the F18A and has the SGM Pro prototype. Unless things have changed, I'm expecting it is something better than CV+SGM Pro. That's what was planned, but things are changing all the time.

Ah, thank you, did not know that.