IGNORED

Ti-994A Newbie Questions

Everett1954

I am going to check my beige unit to see if it is QI also. My expansion port has copper finger so I am hoping it is not QI.

Dave (arcadeshopper) Now that I know what I am looking at I found great items on your website. I should have inquired to you before assuming out-of-stock was permanent. I like the low profile atari adaptor and I now see the need for the NANOPEB instead of just the 32K memory board.

Are there a lot of cassette and disk software available? what format are they in? All i see are .bin files.

There is a slew of software you can download disk images and alike. you can poke around on the WHTECH ftp site (ftp://ftp.whtech.com)

I am going to check my beige unit to see if it is QI also. My expansion port has copper finger so I am hoping it is not QI.

Dave (arcadeshopper) Now that I know what I am looking at I found great items on your website. I should have inquired to you before assuming out-of-stock was permanent. I like the low profile atari adaptor and I now see the need for the NANOPEB instead of just the 32K memory board.

Are there a lot of cassette and disk software available? what format are they in? All i see are .bin files.

Who's Dave?

There's tons of software on ftp.whtech.com lots in dsk format for disk images and archive files as well .. wav files of cassette programs.. you name it..

Greg

I remember long ago I watched "Independence Day" at the movies; there was one scene when Jeff Goldblum turned on his computer, and it greeted "Good morning Dave". I almost burst in laughter in the theater, but I had to painfully realize that I was the only one ... Is that the point where you have to admit you're getting old? ;)

• Like 3

I remember long ago I watched "Independence Day" at the movies; there was one scene when Jeff Goldblum turned on his computer, and it greeted "Good morning Dave". I almost burst in laughter in the theater, but I had to painfully realize that I was the only one ... Is that the point where you have to admit you're getting old? ;)

the attached has been my log-on sound for as long as Windows has had log-on sounds...

(well, until windows 10, since I can;t be bothered navigating the settings contrived menu system to find where to change it - although I did find all the spyware features and shut them off...I think)

hal.wav

Edited by PeBo

when i think of nuns, i think of Blues Brothers. attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

Ah to be so young...

I think of Sally Fields as the Flying Nun (or going back further Rosalind Russell in The Trouble with Angels)

And Ksarul, I too was taught by Nuns (and priests) and have the scars (psychological and physical) to prove it <evil grin>.

So i guess I lucked out and got a non-QI model, date at bottom of startup screen said 1981.

Adamantyr sent me a nice get started package so i could at least try it out.

Everything seems to work just fine, The TI joysticks are not bad but they do not like to stay plugged into the side DB-9. Side mount is not a great place for joystick port.

Have others encountered joysticks coming out of connector?

So now Im waiting for a FlashROM99/FinalGROM 99 and a nanoPEB.

Ok, is there a way to restart a cartridge game without powering on/off system?

I believe Parsec mentions REDO or back key. Which key is REDO and back arrow did not seem to work.

Ok, is there a way to restart a cartridge game without powering on/off system?

I believe Parsec mentions REDO or back key. Which key is REDO and back arrow did not seem to work.

This may help (assuming you don;t have a key strip)

These are the function keys (use FCTN and the key - Quit will (nearly) always bring you back to the TI main title page. Arrows usually require the function key too - and often need the caps lock on (joysticks ALWAYS need it off))

post-40994-0-73491100-1497219855.jpg

Edited by PeBo

Funny thing. when I attached my key strip to my USB keyboard I did not realize it was my last one. I took it off a dead console (plastic mount bar and all).

The other console I have in use had a blank one so I had to hand write on it for the shortcuts. So my unmodded console has a handwritten strip and my PC keyboard has an original. Go figure.

BTW - In case you didn't know already (I didn't scroll up to reread entire topic) - http://ti994a.cwfk.net/TiUsbKeys.html

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Thanks, that helps quite a bit, i have a bunch of blank key strips but none like above.

then you're gonna love THIS thread. contains every strip ever printed (at least I think it's complete) plus a variety of other groovy tidbits.