IGNORED

Atari Vault Collection for $3.99 This Week

Albert

Here's a nifty deal, originally posted on Twitter by the professional penny pinchers at CheapAssGamer. For the next week, Bundle Stars is selling the Atari Vault collection for just $3.99, a steep discount from its usual ten dollar price tag. The collection includes nearly twenty of Atari's biggest arcade hits, along with dozens of Atari 2600 titles. Many of these games have found their way to past Atari collections, but this is a convenient way for newcomers to acquaint themselves with the company's massive library, and an inexpensive reintroduction for seasoned joystick jockeys. Note that you'll need a Steam account to take advantage of this offer.

Submitted by Jess Ragan.

• Like 6

The steam controller works very well with this collection. There are separate profiles created for each game. For example, trackball controls for Tempest and Missile Command.

I even bought a woodgrain VCS skin for my steam controller to add to the experience, which I bought from here:

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/291087/valve-steam-controller-skin-wooden-gaming-system

You're probably going to have to use X360CE... there's more info about that here.

http://www.x360ce.com

It gives legacy controllers XInput compatibility. Would have been better if the games just worked with older controllers, but Microsoft decided otherwise.

This is an intersting piece of software but Im not 100% sure Im using it correctly. It seems I start the software and map - but hten it says to exit the software? The Atari Collection doesnt recognize the Stelladaptor still.

This is an intersting piece of software but Im not 100% sure Im using it correctly. It seems I start the software and map - but hten it says to exit the software? The Atari Collection doesnt recognize the Stelladaptor still.

Are you in big picture mode in steam?