IGNORED

Anyone looking for a pixel artist?

ColecoGamer

I love the Colecovision; it's my all-time favorite console. When I first discovered AA, I was overwhelmed by the amount of resources available to program the console. I'd like to someday start my own projects, but in the meantime - I would like to offer my services to anyone that might need a pixel artist for a current or upcoming Coleco project.

The sprite sheets I have attached here are just quick examples of some of my work, The tools I use: Grafx2 (Mac), ProMotion (PC), Sprite Creator (iOS) and Sprite Editor (iOS).

Note: the sprite sheets seen here were developed using Sprite Creator in 16x16 and 32x32.

post-49476-0-09757800-1496855324_thumb.png

post-49476-0-30331300-1496855307_thumb.png

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

Nice but not suitable for ColecoVision

You do not fit the vdp limitations

I appreciate the feedback. I was hoping someone would suggest the right program for the job. I've read quite a few threads on here about sprites, and people have suggested different programs. I'm not sure where to begin.

Edit: I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Edited by ColecoGamer

You do not fit the vdp limitations

Thank you for mentioning this! The sprites attached above need to be converted to fit the VDP, but I don't know which program I should use. I initially posted this to show that I am a pixel artist, and I am excited and very enthuiastic about contributing to projects. I don't care about being paid, etc. Knowing that my work is in a Coleco game is worth more to me than any amount of money.

I use ICVGM 303 to make screen mode 2 to make tilesets. I used cvgraphictoolkit -> CV SPRITE 2 to make sprites. It easier to sandwich sprites in that application. It should be with newcoleco homebrew kit.

Thank you! I'll look into it along with Magellan, which artrag suggested. It'll be good to have more than one program to try.

Edited by ColecoGamer

• 1 month later...