IGNORED

Old battery stuck in my Lynx, Help please

Prosystemsearch

My Atari Lynx is still in one piece after about 2 years of ownership(not counting some scratched off paint on the outer shell/casing). My main issue currently is that there is one old battery that won't come out, no matter how much I poke at it or shake the system. I've tried metallic tweezers; no luck. And I don't own a Lynx AC adapter. What can be done to remove it other than unscrewing the system(doing this would certainly void my Game Dude warranty, if there is any still left, as one of the screw holes is covered by the silver game dude sticker.). No, I am not planning on buying a Lynx model II anytime soon, so that's out of the question.

Pic is not my individual Lynx, but it is the model Lynx I currently have.

post-39329-0-41767700-1496960922.jpg

Edited by Prosystemsearch

Just open the Lynx. I found a similar "non-functioning" Lynx with two batteries stuck far in the Lynx. The previous owner had been changing only the last 4 batteries until the unit died completely. When I opened up the Lynx the batteries were still pretty hard to remove. But there is no chance I could have got them out by poking them with a stick.

Pretty sure your warranty is expired after 90 days. At least thats what it use to be

I've had this happen many time. I just loosen the screws a bit on the case then see if they slide out. They may just be to tight. I've notices my rechargeable batteries will get stuck every time but cheap off brand ones will slide right out. If they dont slide out after loosening the case screws then they might of leaked and require a full opening.

Edited by crtfreak
  • Like 1

As above, this is a very common problem with the Lynx 1. To the point, I pretty much assume batteries will get stuck when I put them in.

Usually, you can just loosen the two screws at the end where the batteries are jammed, and maybe give it a firm tap on that end, and normally they pop out.

• 2 weeks later...