IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I have the exclusive scoop on the Atari Box, but please, don't tell anyone I told you this.

It's a box with the name Atari on it. You can put your Atari stuff in it. Compatible with every Atari product ever made.

Hmmm, a large box with lots of physical storage... Wait, they're re-releasing the 5200???

Registered here in order to provide what little info I have. I emailed ataribox at the Dev link using the words 'programming hobbyist' and asked how open developing for their platform would be. Response said that content strategy for their platform would be critical, and as soon as they roll out their developer strategy, I'd be among the first to know.

Take from that what you will.

• Like 2

Registered here in order to provide what little info I have. I emailed ataribox at the Dev link using the words 'programming hobbyist' and asked how open developing for their platform would be. Response said that content strategy for their platform would be critical, and as soon as they roll out their developer strategy, I'd be among the first to know.

Take from that what you will.

You would think they would already have a developer strategy. Unless the AtariBox is going to be this generations Phantom Console....

It did say using this technology to incorporate gaming. I'm not sure how that'll work though. Like if you get a game over your shower will turn on? Lol. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Ctoan
  • Like 1

I have the exclusive scoop on the Atari Box, but please, don't tell anyone I told you this.

It's a box with the name Atari on it. You can put your Atari stuff in it. Compatible with every Atari product ever made.

WOAH! Totally cool! I can put my 5200 controllers in it! /s

I gotta admit, if it is an Internet of Things box, I'm intrigued. Imagine playing a board game where a computer moves all the pieces around to where they need to be based on your inputs with a joypad or smartphone or tablet. Imagine controlling a physical game with digital input.

None of that was in their response to me though. Trying not to hold my breath.

Okay, my next guess is: Atari + xbox = Ataribox. Atari is making some game or thing for the xbox one x. Xbox one x is coming out in Nov., this thing is probably coming out in November. Xbone needs something besides 60 fps to beat the Switch.

I have the feeling that I shouldn't get too excited about this until after we find out what it actually is, after which point I will probably remain not too excited. 'Cause if it's not a console--in a traditional sense or otherwise--I don't care.

In the meantime, my guess is another TV streaming/storage device.

• Like 1

Okay, my next guess is: Atari + xbox = Ataribox. Atari is making some game or thing for the xbox one x. Xbox one x is coming out in Nov., this thing is probably coming out in November. Xbone needs something besides 60 fps to beat the Switch.

This is a shockingly popular theory, but it absolutely has zero relation.

• Like 1

Maybe it is a jewelry box. I will get one when it comes out for my wife's birthday, Valentine's Day, or our anniversary whatever timeframe it comes out. If I'm wrong and it isn't a jewelry box and she doesn't want it I'll just keep it for myself.

Edited by SignGuy81