IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

They're asking: "More info on what's inside within 2 weeks. 2 editions. 2 boxes.

If you could magically open one box right now, which would it be?"
I'd want to see more boxes. Like Russian nesting dolls. Just box... after box... after box...

post-2641-0-98019900-1499201018_thumb.jpg

post-2641-0-73376300-1499201019_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Spiffy. I think the box should be blacker with the woodgrain box.

Wonder if this is what's inside? http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/eagle-box-android-retro-games-console

I also doubt it's that...

Maybe it's this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/retroengine-sigma-mini-video-game-console-cool#/

Just kidding. I don't think it's that either.

But ROM Boxes Do Exist...And if it turns out to be an Atari Themed Version of one...Well, That Atari logo could hold sway for some people...Maybe even me. I wonder what else they'll bring to the table? I'm not a big fan of nondescript boxes, but I love me some woodgrain!

It's hard to take a lot of hype seriously when it's a kickstarter project and even harder to think they've got some Ace up their sleeve (Dancing Lasers?, a hidden Projector?, coupon for a free Blizzard at Dairy Queen?)...I guess we'll wait and see.

• Like 1

Looks more like somebody took these Porche-designed LaCie USB hard drive enclosures and repainted them:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S1LNNFY

81Ojolp-bGL._SL1500_.jpg

It's a nice clean look for a portable hard drive, but it doesn't seem functional enough for a gaming device, and it has nothing to do designwise with anything that Atari ever produced. So far, I'm not excited at all.

While my initial excitement level was through the roof when I saw the Atari video, it's loosing steam fast. I understand the strategy in building a level of enthusiasm, but this is ridiculous. Announce a product, ask for money, wait a couple weeks, show 2 boxes, tell everyone to wait a couple of weeks to see what's inside.

Seriously?!? They're not even real boxes. That's a mock up in photoshop of what a box looks like. They didn't even bother to adjust the background between the two, just used a woodgrain layer and an orange layer of the same image.

• Like 1

Inside the box is a Polaroid picture of the Atari logo. There's writing on the back that says "Don't believe his lies."

It's a luxury storage box. The inside of the box is felt lined so you can safely store all your valuable Atari collectibles.

When you open the box there's a mirror inside. It's a way of saying this story was about you all along.

This is literally Pandora's Box and opening it will cause the end of the world.

These are my best guesses. Stop me if any of these jokes are working for you.

• Like 5