IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Guys, settle down, I'm sure the Historian will be chiming in very soon to let us know that the AtariBox is still on track and give us full specs of the working prototype his best friend lil Mac sent him over their weekly phone call. He's not getting that Gameband or AtariBox line on his resume for free. He's workin' for it, Shillin' every single day. Wouldn't you do the same to be able to claim your fame off the Gameband and AtariBox success?

• Like 1

Guys, settle down, I'm sure the Historian will be chiming in very soon to let us know that the AtariBox is still on track and give us full specs of the working prototype his best friend lil Mac sent him over their weekly phone call. He's not getting that Gameband or AtariBox line on his resume for free. He's workin' for it, Shillin' every single day. Wouldn't you do the same to be able to claim your fame off the Gameband and AtariBox success?

Awwww Shawn...

MjAxMi1iNzRjYzdjOTIwOTUyZmQ3.png

• Like 4

I'm not sure why basic information like the included (or not to be included) controller isn't mentioned in further detail since they were so antsy in announcing the new controller. The website appears to show otherwise however, what would appear to be a 360 or Xbox One controller to be exact. I know the rant about using whatever controller you want with it was supposed to be one of those alluring options but that's the case with just about any console that some 3rd party is willing to adapt and support their controllers for.

Taken directly from the AtariBox.com website:

post-985-0-12816600-1513891308_thumb.png

• Like 1

Around this joyous time, we have to have a little faith and decide what we believe in...I choose to believe The Historian is real; He's not like Santa Claus, or Ataribox...And I don't think he's a robot...Then again...I did find this pic, which may raise some questions...

d0dfce6a21994d720884e1bf0c67a66ab5575777

• Like 3

I'm not sure why basic information like the included (or not to be included) controller isn't mentioned in further detail since they were so antsy in announcing the new controller. The website appears to show otherwise however, what would appear to be a 360 or Xbox One controller to be exact. I know the rant about using whatever controller you want with it was supposed to be one of those alluring options but that's the case with just about any console that some 3rd party is willing to adapt and support their controllers for.

xcontrol.png

You can almost see the DVR card in it

• Like 6

attachicon.gifxcontrol.png

http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/CP-2017-12-14-Decalage-Indiegogo-VDEF.pdf

Les vérifications finales ont permis d’identifier des travaux

complémentaires à réaliser pour lancer cette campagne et pour certains accessoires du produit.

Roughly translated....

Final verifications identified additional work needed to launch this campaign and for certain accessories of the product.

Edited by The Historian

http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/CP-2017-12-14-Decalage-Indiegogo-VDEF.pdf

Roughly translated....

Final verifications identified additional work needed to launch this campaign and for certain accessories of the product.

Roughly translated, Someone with common sense wanted a look at what tangible products where going to be sold but the Gamebandoleers had nothing but a couple renders and a half ounce of snake oil on hand so they pulled the plug and ran?

• Like 4

Roughly translated, Someone with common sense wanted a look at what tangible products where going to be sold but the Gamebandoleers had nothing but a couple renders and a half ounce of snake oil on hand so they pulled the plug and ran?

I speak French. Not as well as I used to, admittedly, but still well enough that I will confirm The Historian's translation as being close enough to the source material as doesn't really matter.

With that in mind, even in the original form it says nothing. It's really no different to what was said in English regarding the 'delay'.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 2

I have an Atari clock from Avon 1980s.

It is on my moms wall. Maybe they will bring those back?

Somewhere around the time of Return of the Jedi being released, there was a competition in which the first prize was (IIRC) an Atari Star Wars cabinet. Don't remember if it was the upright or the environmental, but I really wanted to win one of those, so I entered.

I didn't win it. But I did get a Darth Vader speakerphone out of it, which, for 1983, was pretty awesome. It was the third prize, IIRC, but given that speakerphones were pretty uncommon at the time it was fairly cool.

Only did pulse dialling, though, which I thought was kinda lame. It did have a red LED in the middle of his chest, though, and it lit up when it was off-hook. That was pretty nifty.

These should also be brought back, but as hands-free units you can adhere to your dashboard. That would be tits.

• Like 1