IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Why are you here?

Why is anyone here? Because they found the site online and joined? Are you saying only certain people can join and somehow you get to decide?

"Pump and dump" (P&D) is a form of securities fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" sell their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money. This is most common with very small corporations, ie "microcaps." See Microcap stock fraud.

While fraudsters in the past relied on cold calls, the Internet now offers a cheaper and easier way of reaching large numbers of potential investors through spam email, bad data, social media, and fake news.

• Like 7

Yes, you can make jokes about the Atari Shares but with the numbers of the financial statement the joke is on you.

The sales revenue is going up each and every year.

They build a decent net asset to work on for the upcoming years.

The result after tax has increased from 300 Thousand to 7.7 Millions Euro in only one year.

They are depth-free now this year and have a equity ratio of 37% at the moment.

The Atari Shares have doubled in only 6 months.

Maybe you should not laugh. :)

Yes, you can make jokes about the Atari Shares but with the numbers of the financial statement the joke is on you.

The result after tax has increased from 300 Thousand to 7.7 Millions Euro in only one year.

Maybe you should not laugh. icon_smile.gif

Please direct us towards your sources for each of these points.

By the way, it still doesn't change the fact that they're failing to deliver the Ataribox.

• Like 5

Please direct us towards your sources for each of these points.

By the way, it still doesn't change the fact that they're failing to deliver the Ataribox.

And failing to deliver the AtariBox is literally the only thing relevant to this thread.

• Like 13

Why not start a thread about mugs in the General forum and post some pics, instead of talking down to people in this comical thread? Could end up with a bunch of people posting their mugs, instead of laughing at you. ;)

Here you go, you don't have to even start it now, just post and be friendly :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/275119-the-mug-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3952278

Maybe you should not laugh. :)

At some point, an admin is going to have to ban these jackasses if they don't drop the pathetic penny stock pimping. It's still amusing at the moment though because these dinks don't know they themselves are the idiots in the con and nobody here is stupid enough for their Junior Gordon Gecko, Stratton Oakmont wannabe BS.
PUMP AND DUMP SCHEMES
"Pump and dump" schemes have two parts. In the first, promoters try to boost the price of a stock with false or misleading statements about the company. Once the stock price has been pumped up, fraudsters move on to the second part, where they seek to profit by selling their own holdings of the stock, dumping shares into the market.
These schemes often occur on the Internet where it is common to see messages urging readers to buy a stock quickly. Often, the promoters will claim to have "inside" information about a development that will be positive for the stock. After these fraudsters dump their shares and stop hyping the stock, the price typically falls, and investors lose their money.
  • Like 6

At some point, an admin is going to have to ban these jackasses if they don't drop the pathetic penny stock pimping. It's still amusing at the moment though because these dinks don't know they themselves are the idiots in the con and nobody here is stupid enough for their Junior Gordon Gecko, Stratton Oakmont wannabe BS.

Thing is, they don't do much to warrant a ban. No swearing, threats, politics or religion. A bit of trolling maybe, but mostly hot air. They can label me as stupid and uninformed all they want, and I could care or less. Their posts were kind of amusing at first, but in the grand scheme of things, insignificant. They are not even a spec of dust in the great machine that is Albert's Atariage :)

• Like 5

Thing is, they don't do much to warrant a ban. No swearing, threats, politics or religion. A bit of trolling maybe, but mostly hot air. They can label me as stupid and uninformed all they want, and I could care or less. Their posts were kind of amusing at first, but in the grand scheme of things, insignificant. They are not even a spec of dust in the great machine that is Albert's Atariage :)

The "pumping" phase of the pump-and-dump has a finite length. At some point, they need to realize the Ataribox won't ship, no one wants a speakerhat, and Million Dollar Pong doesn't have an audience outside the "can't change the channel on the tv at Jiffy Lube" demographic. Once they sell their stock or write it off, we won't hear any more from these fools.

• Like 3

PUMP AND DUMP SCHEMES

I dont think that a handful of Ataribox Thread Readers will have the impact to boost the shares on the stock market. So i am not trying anything.

The reason why i posted these financial results was to reply on comments that the company is on a downturn and not profitable because that is not true.

There were also negative remarks about Atari shares. I posted only facts which are undebatable. Everybody can read that on company profiles on the stock market websites and in the financial results.

Unfortunately it is easier for some people to scream negative things out like on the Jerry Springer Show than getting objective information before writing something down.

The Internet is unfortunately a place to post out comments to quick with the protection of anonymity.

I would rather welcome actions from admin to give a warning to those people who posts negative comments on the economic situation of the company Atari.

Because people who are not in the subject will take that as the truth. What should be known is that the company came back from bankruptcy in only a few years to a profitable company.

I would be very happy if there could be less hate towards other members or a company.

Until now Atari has not harmed anybody. No money was stolen, nobody was cheated.

Almost everybody is acting as if there were betrayed or taken away their money.

I have the biggest respect for all you members here. After all we all share the same Hobby. :)

It is not very polite to call other members "jackasses" and "dinks".

Your apology would show character to me.

Edited by alexkeaton

I'm happy to have new members (I mean it would be hypocritical of me not to be since I only joined very recently) but I don't think you're going to sell anyone on investing in the company. Maybe starting a new thread to talk about it would be better, since I think it's just sort of clogging up what was (supposed to be) a thread about the Ataribox. And I guess we can grandfather in tacos, at least until we get some solid news. God knows that isn't a battle I'm picking.

Granted, nothing is really happening with the Ataribox at the moment so there isn't much to talk about, but I'm not sure if that's a great reason to open the flood gates and argue with people about what stocks they are or aren't investing in.

Maybe we could all photoshop nice pictures of the CEO of atari frollicking about with an ataribox to kill time or something. Or make tacos using press releases about the Ataribox as shells, sort of draw it full circle. The possibilities are truly endless.

Just my two cents, anyways. Carry on.

I dont think that a handful of Ataribox Thread Readers will have the impact to boost the shares on the stock market. So i am not trying anything.

The reason why i posted these financial results was to reply on comments that the company is on a downturn and not profitable because that is not true.

There were also negative remarks about Atari shares. I posted only facts which are undebatable. Everybody can read that on company profiles on the stock market websites and in the financial results.

Unfortunately it is easier for some people to scream negative things out like on the Jerry Springer Show than getting objective information before writing something down.

The Internet is unfortunately a place to post out comments to quick with the protection of anonymity.

I would rather welcome actions from admin to give a warning to those people who posts negative comments on the economic situation of the company Atari.

Because people who are not in the subject will take that as the truth. What should be known is that the company came back from bankruptcy in only a few years to a profitable company.

I would be very happy if there could be less hate towards other members or a company.

Until now Atari has not harmed anybody. No money was stolen, nobody was cheated.

Almost everybody is acting as if there were betrayed or taken away their money.

I have the biggest respect for all you members here. After all we all share the same Hobby. :)

It is not very polite to call other members "jackasses" and "dinks".

Your apology would show character to me.

The relative health of the company is not relevant. Their ability to release the console promised is. So far, every time we've asked for evidence that AtariBox is anything OTHER than vapor, we get dancing, waffling, and stock trends.

I'm sorry if this isn't the discussion you want, but you're the one coming onto a video game forum talking about investments.

• Like 6

I'd say close the thread, start a new post when there is something to talk about.

Then you have nowhere to post, since you are only here to post in this thread, like several other people.

There is and there won't be an Ataribox.

• Like 6