IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

In other news, things are getting uglier in the gamewatch camp. Folks are starting to connect the failure to launch on the Ataribox with the radio silence on the watch. I wonder what our resident volunteer can offer on any of that since the actual creators appear to be ducking their own backers, and he's now supporting the watch.

James Birch about 8 hours ago

did any of the funds from this project get used on the atari box project?

Brendan Madigan 1 day ago

I think Jeff has a strong point. I am still excited about the project, but the lack of communication is worrying. They said in the last update that they would do better on communication yet we are in the same position again

Seritheph 1 day ago

I am disappointed in the lack of communication but I am still hoping for a successful project. The disappointment for me is we keep getting 'round about dates and never hear a word of sorry we are late or this is what's up. A few words go farther than silence. The silence causes worry and stress and tension among the backer community. I am not giving up yet.

Jeff Burtch 2 days ago

It's fine if people are upset. Everyone here acting as if the communication has been good lately, and that the project still seems transparent are delusional.

Fact: The team used to regularly respond to comments and regularly update on the project.

Fact: The team now rarely responds to comments and hardly ever puts out updates when they say they will.

Even in the most recent update the official website was said to have been ready to go within days, and here we are nearly three weeks later and there's no further information about that, despite a question being raised about it four days ago.

There also have been multiple questions about how the USB-C situation was resolved with, as far as I can tell, no response...yet in the latest update it was mentioned that they are ready to move on to tooling.

It was also mentioned in the last update that they were hoping to show some gameplay "this month." Well, it's a new month and we still haven't seen any games.

The bottom line is that since whatever happened with the AtariBox program, the flow of information on this project has severely diminished.

Like I said, I've still got faith in the project, but I can understand people starting to get skeptical...and those people shouldn't be afraid to share their opinion in the comments section here. They should be able to share their feelings without fearing an attack from anyone else.

• Like 6

I seem to remember a lot of "keep the faith" in the non-lead-up to the RetroVGS/Coleco Chameleon.

I intend no disrespect to people of strong beliefs, but it seems to me that faith is what one falls back upon in the absence of proof.

Hey, my Super NT should arrive any day now. The next round of orders is open. Why wouldn't a retro head buy something like that instead?

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

• Like 8

I seem to remember a lot of "keep the faith" in the non-lead-up to the RetroVGS/Coleco Chameleon.

I intend no disrespect to people of strong beliefs, but it seems to me that faith is what one falls back upon in the absence of proof.

Hey, my Super NT should arrive any day now. The next round of orders is open. Why wouldn't a retro head buy something like that instead?

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Because those Lamers actually deliver what they promise! Where's the fun in that?

• Like 1

I hope they're OK!

attachicon.gifdon't defenestrate yourself.PNG

I believe that, despite the gist of the advice given in your graphic image naming convention, they were last seen hurling themselves from the roof of 1265 Borregas Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA. Each one was found dead on the ground below, wearing a speakerhat playing Van Halen's 'Why Can't This Be Love' and clutching a mass of tear-soaked tacos wrapped in penny-stock trend analyses. Authorities suspect a suicide pact.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1