IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Share news about the Ataribox on an Ataribox forum- get rude childish responses.

A better question would be why are you guys such assholes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while childish, we are not morons, and we have fun being assholes when being treated as morons

as CPU said many many many pages ago, there's enough people just in this thread to design market and produce a system like this. The target audience is geared to nostalgic morons with disposable income, the reality of it is a lot of us are engineers, developers and designers of real world mass produced products

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 10

Share news about the Ataribox on an Ataribox forum- get rude childish responses.

It's just a thread in a much greater forum but feel free to start your own forum dedicated to Ataribox ! ;) The subject here though is being treated with all the respect it deserves. :P

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 8

None of this is news. It's two pages of marketing buzzwords that say nothing of substance, except perhaps "We're announcing that we're going to make an announcement."

Basically, it's another round of "All your questions will be answered at the Toy Fair."

This. Exactly this.

When they get back up to the point of making empty promises, then it approaches news.

• Like 3

while childish, we are not morons, and we have fun being assholes when being treated as morons

as CPU said many many many pages ago, there's enough people just in this thread to design market and produce a system like this. The target audience is geared to nostalgic morons with disposable income, the reality of it is a lot of us are engineers, developers and designers of real world mass produced products

I wonder if I can edit your likes. :lol: Since this thread started, I have made multiple IoT devices, you can't buy off the shelf, just because. Some are even controllable via Alexa. For the $3 or so dollars it would cost me, I would add that to my WizBox.

STOCK++;

Alexa: "Turn on WizBox"

• Like 3

Flextronics on the hardware is legit.

Flextronics will assemble whatever you pay them to assemble. They don't invest in the products they manufacture and they aren't a sign of legitimacy anymore than any other company that will sell you there goods or services is a reflection that what you do with those goods and services is somehow legitimate.

• Like 2

We've been through this before: tacos > Ataribox.

Don't worry about the 'why', just sit back and marvel at how well we do it!

But whatever you do, don't stop for a moment to think about the common denominator in all of your failed and / or contentious relationships. It couldn't possibly be that.

• Like 6

Flextronics will assemble whatever you pay them to assemble. They don't invest in the products they manufacture and they aren't a sign of legitimacy anymore than any other company that will sell you there goods or services is a reflection that what you do with those goods and services is somehow legitimate.

I just meant that the the Flextronics deal is a true thing. Confirming that at least that part of the screen shot is correct.

I believe the Flextronics and AMD aspects of the AtariBox® pitch. That's not where the problems are.

But to get back on topic ... Irish tacos???

You can certainly eat corned beef with boiled cabbage and carrots, but it can be a great deal more exciting to pile the shredded meat — ruddy pink, salty, fatty and meltingly sweet — into warm flour tortillas, then top it with a bright, crunchy, slightly fiery cabbage slaw. The contrast between the soft and the crisp, the salt and the sweet, is fantastic — particularly if you adorn each taco with a few pickled jalapeños and, perhaps, an additional swipe of mayonnaise. It’s not fusion cooking, nor appropriation. It’s just the fact that everything tastes good on a warm tortilla.

post-2410-0-69667500-1520614125.jpg

• Like 5

This warrants clarification. I dont have any issue believing AMD or Flextronics can provide the components or assembly (respectively). The conclusion Im not going to draw, however, is that their involvement is any kind of endorsement of Atari. Nor do I think that having those companies named makes the project any more credible or likely.

Basically, this means if Atari can place an order, theyll fill it. Thats all.

• Like 3

Remember the Atari Jaguar is made by IBM in America! You can trust that it'll be around for a long, long time. ;)

Yep IBM does not get the five hundred million dollar contracts to build electronics in the US like they did for the Jaguar. It's all in China, South Korea and Taiwan nowadays :(

• Like 2

5. They have actual working custom hardware that costs half of the price of an AcePC. (To say nothing of the cost compared to non-existent pipe dreams)

Do you think they have the resources to design an intel processor compatible motherboard that is multi-layer and has traces that are length-critical?

This is off-the-shelf hardware. Nothing custom about it.

• Like 1

Media whores? You won’t find a single post about this other than me.

Anyway.. just thought I’d share the good news so you guys can keep an eye open. See ya later... [emoji895]

I can see what you do all the time, all it is you looking at this dumbass thread. If you want to learn a bit about the real Atari, visit some other sub forums.

Seems a bit obsessive to me.

What "good news" are you referring to?

• Like 7