IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I still don't see Atari listed in the GDC exhibitor list. Maybe they are just making the announcement during the same time, or maybe they will be at AMDs booth ?

Ppplllleeeeeaseee... let them be mooching off AMD. We can't break from the Coleco Chameleon script now!

I still don't see Atari listed in the GDC exhibitor list. Maybe they are just making the announcement during the same time, or maybe they will be at AMDs booth ?

Gee why am I not surprised ? I doubt AMD is willing host Atari as Atari surely should have their own booth. Seriously look at all the no name companies at GDC that can afford a booth surely Atari could afford a measly small booth.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

It's gonna be another render in a video, playing in AMD's booth, to tout the chip. I am sure that'll make the stock go through the $1 roof.

Expect the company principals to bail out at $1.02, at which point it should return to its approximate worth closer to nil.

One might think Atari would be excited and be using social media to announce things. Well, one would be mistaken.

Below are the sites to check for news. Or check the Atari investors' press release page, since that's how they announced the whole GDC thing in the first place.

@Atari Twitter -- no mention that campaign starts on 12/14/17.
@Atariboxproject Twitter -- no mention.
@Ataribox Instagram -- no mention.
Ataribox.com -- no mention.
Ataribox Indiegogo -- no mention.
AtariboxOfficial Facebook -- While looking all these up, they "unpinned" 12/14/17 cover photo that was at the top of the page. It can still be found here, as of this writing.
Every tech/gamer website on the Internet: OMG 12/14/17!

• Like 3

One might think Atari would be excited and be using social media to announce things. Well, one would be mistaken.

Below are the sites to check for news. Or check the Atari investors' press release page, since that's how they announced the whole GDC thing in the first place.

My hunch is that they're not using Social media because the general public (IE, paying customers) are not their concern right now. This is all pandering to potential investors and publishers. The actual market is, at best, a distant afterthought.

• Like 10

I wouldn't expect a massive announcement on this. My understanding is this is Atari showing off the Ataribox to some developers to garner interest in them developing for the platform. More business than social announcement. That said, this is also the first chance people who aren't Atari can look at the box and see what kind of state it is in. I suspect we won't see a big social push until they are closer to being ready to take orders or preorders.

That said, I dunno why I bother in this thread, as it's just full of anti-Atari haters and taco trolls. :( Have fun being lame, though. Maybe there could be a place for people to actually talk Ataribox without the off-topic nonsense? Or maybe a forum where people who like Atari can hang out?

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect a massive announcement on this. My understanding is this is Atari showing off the Ataribox to some developers to garner interest in them developing for the platform. More business than social announcement. That said, this is also the first chance people who aren't Atari can look at the box and see what kind of state it is in. I suspect we won't see a big social push until they are closer to being ready to take orders or preorders.

That said, I dunno why I bother in this thread, as it's just full of anti-Atari haters and taco trolls. :( Have fun being lame, though. Maybe there could be a place for people to actually talk Ataribox without the off-topic nonsense? Or maybe a forum where people who like Atari can hang out?

IOr maybe a forum where people who like Atari can hang out?

I think you'd find most of us LOVE Atari. Hell, I've got an Atari tattoo. We simply have no attachment to the current rogues gallery whoring out the name.

• Like 10

Nice! They continue to really nail (in my opinion) the look of this thing. If it arrives actually looking like that, I'll be quite happy. Not surprisingly we still don't know what the internals are, nor software specifics, although that's probably in part because they hope to bring in some names through closed-door meetings at GDC. But man that joystick and console look sweet. I remain cautiously optimistic, though. I don't think this will be a budget-wise purchasing decision, more of a premium version of something people may already have with cool Atari branding. I for one hope it does well on streaming and multi-player. If it has that down along with cord-cutter options like Vudu, Hulu, Pluto, Tubi, etc., I'll be happy with it.

• Like 1